Demetrious Johnson is done listening to MMA's

Wouldn't call uneducated; that's a childish thing to say. I watch the sport for entertainment and smaller classes just don't entertain me.

That is like not watching a football game with Darren Sproles or a basketball game with Spud Webb because they aren't large human beings. Superficial and silly. I think it has to do more with the inability to except that they are better fighters than the higher weight classes.

The only thing that could attract people more to the higher weight classes and not the lower ones is the preference of less skill and cardio in favor of slugfests. MM finishes fights and does it beautifully. The average person needs to put aside their inferiority complex.

Came here to say that he should stay away from Sherdog then, but OP had it covered :(

He had a title shot at 135, and he lost.

Against Dom Cruz and it was a decision loss. He could have won a couple fight, improved his skills, and gotten another shot within a year at BW. He didn't need to run to a smaller division to be champ. He took the easy way like Conor Mc.

That is like not watching a football game with Darren Sproles or a basketball game with Spud Webb because they aren't large human beings. Superficial and silly. I think it has to do more with the inability to except that they are better fighters than the higher weight classes.

The only thing that could attract people more to the higher weight classes and not the lower ones is the preference of less skill and cardio in favor of slugfests. MM finishes fights and does it beautifully. The average person needs to put aside their inferiority complex.

5ajbeWB.gif

We are talking about the sport that venerates a little Asian man.

He was doing crazy shit before shit was no longer crazy and just everyday. MM does routine shit with little flash or umph. At least guys like Aldo, Conor Mc, and Pettis have some flair.

Ridiculous comparison. Everyone would watch MM fight any larger fighter in any weight class, that would be awesome. You didn't "watch Spud Webb" or "watch Sproles", you watched their teams.

Against Dom Cruz and it was a decision loss. He could have won a couple fight, improved his skills, and gotten another shot within a year at BW. He didn't need to run to a smaller division to be champ. He took the easy way like Conor Mc.
DJ has always been a flyweight. He was fighting up in weight at 135.

If anyone took the easy road it was Dom who dropped to 135 after losing to Faber at 145.

People don't hate on DJ because he's not a good fighter. They hate on and/or don't pay attention to him because he's the size of a middle school child.

Humans want to see big boys in combat. Not little ones. It's the truth.

Don't speak for me.

I enjoy his fights.

I nothing Mighty Mouse. I nothing him so much.

I like the Flyweight division and have defended it at every turn. I also think Mighty Mouse is one of the best fighters MMA has ever seen.

I just don't care about whether he wins or loses. Judging by his PPV numbers I'm sure I'm not the only one who nothings Mighty Mouse as much as I nothing him.

You described my attitude quite well. I've been a big fan of the lighter classes for years now, and will readily admit that Johnson is one of the greats in MMA. But for the most part his style leaves me cold, but I can never put my finger on why.

I don't think that's it, I'm a short guy so I don't care about that but for some reason he doesn't excite me as much as other fighters do.

I nothing Mighty Mouse. I nothing him so much.

I like the Flyweight division and have defended it at every turn. I also think Mighty Mouse is one of the best fighters MMA has ever seen.

I just don't care about whether he wins or loses. Judging by his PPV numbers I'm sure I'm not the only one who nothings Mighty Mouse as much as I nothing him.
You described my attitude quite well. I've been a big fan of the lighter classes for years now, and will readily admit that Johnson is one of the greats in MMA. But for the most part his style leaves me cold, but I can never put my finger on why.

Same here, and hearing Rogan go on and on about him can get old too.

I'm a little more excited for this Dodson rematch but that's more for Dodson than it is MM. I hope he KOs MM so we can get the trilogy and because Dodson's KOs are nasty.

I don't think that's it, I'm a short guy so I don't care about that but for some reason he doesn't excite me as much as other fighters do.
It is probably because you have been affected by the stigma attached to him. It is hard to get hyped for a fight when all people do is bash the fighters involved and portray them as insignificant. Even I tend to avoid threads about Mighty Mouse because they are always downers.

I enjoy watching MM fight, those that don't, it's unfortunate, but you can't please everyone.

That's the problem with proponents of smaller classes. I never asked to not have them or ask people to not watch them. I simply stated that I don't get entertained by watching smaller weight classes. It has absolutely nothing to do with "inferiority complex".

It also doesn't have anything to do with my inability to accept that they are better fighters than higher weight classes because that's not true in and of itself. They are of smaller stature and thus faster, just like any weight class preceding the higher weight ( on average of course). There are also just as many skilled fighters in higher weight classes and are from a bigger pool.

It's a lot like forcing your brain to like something which just doesn't interest you or entertain you. Kind of like forcing people to accept a religion and then calling those uneducated who simply don't want to attend to it.

Also, DJ is a great fighter and a champion and there's nothing wrong with being small in height or stature. It would be silly for someone to judge someone for something they have no control over.

First act at the madhouse is a couple midgets in a ring. First glance I thought it was mighty mouse. He might consider employment there in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back