Media Demetrious Johnson: "Flyweights Should NEVER Main Event" At UFC

He is right, iirc correctly Johnson never headlined a ppv and that's because FLW don't draw money but since we are in the ESPN era where ppv buys don't matter I guess U Fight Cheap don't give a fuck and put any champ to headlone.

Last edited:
If Mighty Mouse couldn't get people to tune in, no FLW will unless they run their mouth a shit ton.

Mighty Mouse had everything else to be a big star but is just a dude that goes out, wins fights and generally did so in dominant fashion and was respectful.

The general fan doesn't care about this shit. They resonate with shit talkers.

He's right though if the ufc can't be arsed to promote good fights, they shouldn't put them in the main event.

Why is it U Fight Cheap's problem? ESPN are the ones who are on the hook for this trash.

If I was Hunter Campbell (remember, Ari and Dana don't actually give a shit about their product) I'd headline the odd random card with Carla Esparza vs my cleaning lady just to have a laugh at ESPN. And it seems the real Hunter isn't too far off from my mentality.

If Mighty Mouse couldn't get people to tune in, no FLW will unless they run their mouth a shit ton.

Mighty Mouse had everything else to be a big star but is just a dude that goes out, wins fights and generally did so in dominant fashion and was respectful.

The general fan doesn't care about this shit. They resonate with shit talkers.
And that a lot of 13 year olds are about the same height, and weight as a FLW, on the scale.

It never bothered me, but I used to see that argument a lot in here, back in the day. A large number of people didn’t acknowledge, or watch anything under LW, including wmma. You couldn’t pay those people to give a shit. And most of them still don’t.

I'd watch a DJ headline any day of the week

The UFC is all about promoting Dana - Tom Brady roast, a table full of fighters, all eyes are on Dana (just the way he likes it).
They promote their brand, not the fighters. All by design

Back