Delicious Vanilla Protein...Is it possible?

thethirddiaz

vas a morir
Reaction score
I am hopelessly addicted to cereal for breakfast. However, I broke away from cereal using a protein supershake for breakfast. This stopped recently and I hopped off the wagon due to a shitty tasting protein that has me avoiding the supershake breakfast.

I started taking Vanilla EAS Whey and it was inoffensive but certainly not good. Then I bought Muscle Milk Naturals Vanilla Creme. It has a horrible aftertaste that has me avoiding drinking it, so I decided to look for another vanilla protein.

I am looking at Muscle Milk and ON Gold Standard Whey because I have heard their brands taste good (generally, for most flavors). However, neither has a normal vanilla flavor on Amazon or BB.com (I found vanilla MM on massnutrition, but I am wondering if they are phasing it out).

ON - Vanilla Ice Cream
ON - French Vanilla Creme
MM - Vanilla Creme (NOT MM Naturals)

Has anyone tried any of these flavors? And why is there not a normal Vanilla flavor? I am hesitant to buy anything named Vanilla Creme again, so I am tempted to go with the Vanilla MM (don't know if it is going to be there much longer, though) or the Vanilla Ice Cream ON.

I know the differences between MM and Whey, but for a breakfast shake I am not concerned about getting one instead of the other. Either will suffice.

I bought On Whey Vanilla Ice Cream. Its not bad. I liked it but what I do sometimes is throw in a bit of Ovaltine.

I love the ON Vanilla. Tasted way better than chocolate for me.

ON used to have a regular vanilla, it was good. not sure if they discontinued it but I'd go with ON all the flavors I've tried from them have been good.

ON Vanilla Ice Cream is my protein of choice.

My breakfast shake is

2 scoops of ON 100% Whey
1 cup oats
1 cup berries (blueberries, marionberries, raspberries)
16 oz water

Might you happen to know the cheapest place to buy ON Whey? And is Cookie dough ro some crap a decent flavor or would I be better getting Vanilla?

I ordered some earlier today and just recieved an email saying they are out of the 5lb tub but they had 2 lb jugs. I would rather just get a 5lber.

My breakfast shake is

2 scoops of ON 100% Whey
1 cup oats
16 oz water

Thanks Chestnuts. That is about what I was doing for my shake before I got sick of this Creme junk.

Edit: nm, serving size is 1 scoop for ON, Chestnuts just loves his protein.

Vanilla is typically used in cooking because the flavor tends to be relatively mild and not interfere with other flavors. Do you have something against chocolate or strawberry or the other flavors?

Vanilla is typically used in cooking because the flavor tends to be relatively mild and not interfere with other flavors. Do you have something against chocolate or strawberry or the other flavors?

They don't mix as well with multiple types of berries for my morning shake. Plus I am planning to use it for cooking as well.

Might you happen to know the cheapest place to buy ON Whey? And is Cookie dough ro some crap a decent flavor or would I be better getting Vanilla?

I ordered some earlier today and just recieved an email saying they are out of the 5lb tub but they had 2 lb jugs. I would rather just get a 5lber.

I google to find the best price and then pricematch to Bodybuilding.com. You have to call them to do the pricematching.

I have ON Whey Vanilla Ice Cream. IMO, it's one of the best tasting flavors. Though, it's quite mild tasting compared to Chocolate or Rocky Road.

They don't mix as well with multiple types of berries for my morning shake. Plus I am planning to use it for cooking as well.

I think I get it. You don't care about the flavor of the protein, you just want it to not interfere with the flavors already present.

Have you tried banana creme muscle milk? It tastes like bananas, so it should mix well with berry flavors. Plus it's casein which would be better for a MRS.

I think I get it. You don't care about the flavor of the protein, you just want it to not interfere with the flavors already present.

Have you tried banana creme muscle milk? It tastes like bananas, so it should mix well with berry flavors. Plus it's casein which would be better for a MRS.

No I haven't. I might check that out. Thanks.

I am a serial cereal eater too, and the only one I have found that ever satisfied me was ON's Oats flavour....as I get the feeling I ate cereal as it actually does taste like oats. Throw in a teaspoon of unsweetened cinnamon and it is great.

I liked the ON Vanilla Ice Cream. Sometimes its a bit too sweet (with that artificial sweetness) but overall it mixes well with stuff like berries or bananas, etc.

My breakfast shake is

2 scoops of ON 100% Whey
1 cup oats
16 oz water

Same thing here, except I use a TP vanilla mix. I also use skim milk because I am awesome like that. And a 1/3 cup of cashews.

Muscle Milk tends to be some tasty stuff so I'm sure they would be a pretty safe bet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back