Definition of overrated: #5 Boetsch is an underdog to #25 Philippou

Hopefully Boetsch loses. The Anderson vs Boetsch talk was just ridiculous.

Costa has great punches but he barley edged out his last fight... that was 50% clinch and 50% standing.... I think the only reason the judges gave it to him was because he was kicked in the balls and started fighting very aggressively.

I think Boetch man handles him once he can't get any of his strikes off, Costa will throw punches till Tim gets agitated. Tim always has that one punch chance though, to say he is pillow fisted would be ignorant.

Philippou beast mode ftw! I got him clearly winning against Fukuda

untitled-2diktk.gif

Philippou beast mode ftw! I got him clearly winning against Fukuda

untitled-2diktk.gif

I'm gunna have to go back and watch the fight, but I remeber being afraid for Costa in that fight.

I personally love the guy and was worried that it was either Fukuda or some one else that might edge a realllly close decision.

But yeah, I would suggest NOT kicking Costa in the nuts, he goes bat shit crazy after that lol.

However, Pat Barry at +225 vs. Rosario was like taking candy from a baby.

I'm gunna have to go back and watch the fight, but I remeber being afraid for Costa in that fight.

I personally love the guy and was worried that it was either Fukuda or some one else that might edge a realllly close decision.

But yeah, I would suggest NOT kicking Costa in the nuts, he goes bat shit crazy after that lol.

I think you are alone in thinking it was really close.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision.jsp?id=3576

Your logic makes no sense TS but he is overrated His two quality wins at 185 are a comeback against Okami after getting tooled and a lackluster split against Lombard. I'd also have Costa closer to 20 than 25

Last edited:

I remember it being a fairly clear 30-27 for Costa, he stuffed all of Fukuda's takedowns and outstruck him handily

Like I said it was Fakuda or some one else that I felt like Costa may be in trouble....

Boetsch is very overrated, he got fucked by Okami almost the entire fight, and he lost to Lombard.

I definitely think that its not that Boetsch is overrated its just the amount of hate he gets for beating Lombard/Okami. Those fights rattled way to many cages and now its just a easy and general consensus to hate on Boetsch

Philippou is a stud but i just see Boetsch closing the distance and throwing him on his head repeatedly.

Or it could be fights like where a lower ranked guy like Do Bronx comes in as the favorite over a top 10 guy in Jim Miller and then gets blown out of the water.

you know...

Or unranked Paul Sass coming in as the favorite over perennial top 20 Matt Wiman and then getting subbed in the first.

Or it could be fights like where a lower ranked guy like Do Bronx comes in as the favorite over a top 10 guy in Jim Miller and then gets blown out of the water.

you know...

Yep. A good example of a line that was based more on public perception and where they knew the action would be, not who was actually the better fighter.

That actually makes my point that odds are just as much about action on one guy to another as who is going to win.

Nice try though

No it doesn't thats just a case of the bookies f*cking up.

nice try though

No it doesn't thats just a case of the bookies f*cking up.

nice try though

Where do you think the most action for those fights were? The unassuming vet or the rising star that everyone thinks is invincible?

Rankings suck, the methodology used to create them is stupid, it tries to be "politically correct" sometimes by giving japanese cans high rankings(because the ufc is not the only org around!) or other times by giving "legends" too high of a credit(big nog was ranked for a long while and everybody knew he was a shell of his former self).
Having said that Boetsch should win by superior wrestling.

that was hilaroius

but i also agree with what the TS is saying - its not that hes necessarily overrated or underrated, but something is def wrong when the #5 fighter is the underdog vs. the #25 fighter

it may just show that someone is on the streak of their life

he had a good run.

getting beat down by okami for 2 rounds, smashed/dropped on the feet against lombard and still somehow win.

weird guy

Back