Definition of overrated: #5 Boetsch is an underdog to #25 Philippou

rlm81

Black Belt
Reaction score
Last edited:
Betting odds don't mean much outside of how money is anticipated to come in.

I agree Boetsch is overrated. He's way too slow in the standup and he's going to get sparked by somebody explosive (I believe Lombard was injured therefore he did not KO Boetsch).

TS wants Boetsch to be a bigger underdog? =)

Oh, I see now. Had me confused there for a while.

That doesn't make any sense.

Rankings are determined by accomplishments, not by 'who would beat who'. Boetsch has better wins than Philippou which is why he's ranked higher, even if Philippou might be the better fighter.

I'm confused, wouldn't that make him underrated?

Not given the discrepancy in their ranking. I believe the OP is basically saying that despite the large gap between their respective rankings, the betting odds show an entirely different story.

I suppose we could he is "contextually" overrated.

Hes going to pound out philippou after taking him down anyway.

This is why I thrust betting odds way more than rankings.

1945678_o.gif

Rankings are determined by accomplishments, not by 'who would beat who'. Boetsch has better wins than Philippou which is why he's ranked higher, even if Philippou might be the better fighter.

Well, I understand well how rankings work.

For exactly that reason many times they are a bad predictor of who is a better fighter.

Tons of people around here boast Boetsch as an awesome fighter using his #5 ranking. That by far does not mean that he is among the top 5 fighters in MW.

Oh shit, someone gets it.

Back