• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deer Rescued and Released Comes Back With a Surprise

Nice video , shame they generally have very little common sense or urgency.... unfortunately I've killed loads of them over the years.

Deer are such beautiful creatures. It’s very hard for me to shoot one honestly. I’ve never shot a moose but I feel it would be easier.

Nothing like seeing a majestic buck walking through the woods just as the sun comes up. The sunlight coming through the trees, the peace and serenity of being alone in the woods.

Then eating pieces of him over the next several months and remembering that moment every time I open the freezer.

ace-ventura-seed.gif

I'm not sure the people in that video know that Dottie was not abandoned by her mom.

Local animal rescue place bombards our town's news reminding people to not "rescue" fawns they find. The doe leaves them periodically for long periods time when they are newborns. So, leave them be. They are not abandoned. Mom knows where they are.

Should you rescue a fawn?

images

Answer: No! That baby is fine and does not need rescue. Deer, like Jackrabbits, will leave their young alone for up to twelve hours at a time while they forage. The babies know to stay still and quiet, tucked into the grass where their mother left them.

Back