• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The Supreme Court overturns ruling which allows people to own bump stocks

I don't have a problem with someone carrying concealed in any location they can get away with carrying. If security measures are in place to stop this (i.e. metal detectors in a courthouse, etc.) then it's best not to try and carry there.

Restricting carrying in certain sensitive locations is not the same as some law that applies nationwide.

I have 2A gangster street cred? Who knew . . . .
The first post of yours that I replied to was you implying langfordbarrow couldn't be a "real" 2a supporter if he supports any restrictions. But, clearly, you yourself support or are at least ok with some restrictions (whether they're national or local or about sensitive places or sensitive people, that's irrelevant). Obviously, there's plenty of room for nuance in these discussions, and not everyone you disagree with on what is or is not a reasonable measure is an anti gun commie. All I am saying.

The first post of yours that I replied to was you implying langfordbarrow couldn't be a "real" 2a supporter if he supports any restrictions. But, clearly, you yourself support or are at least ok with some restrictions (whether they're national or local or about sensitive places or sensitive people, that's irrelevant). Obviously, there's plenty of room for nuance in these discussions, and not everyone you disagree with on what is or is not a reasonable measure is an anti gun commie. All I am saying.
What I'm trying to say is a government restriction that applies to every person across the country isn't equal to a mall ownership group posting signs at their entrances banning the carrying of firearms on their property.

I support a private business owner being able to decide on their own without the government directing them to do so. I can then decide if I want to give that business owner my business.

Is it as hilarious as you thinking the bump stock = making someone a bump-firing sniper? Bump firing is bump firing. The rate of fire and accuracy is based on the shooter.

Are you really a "gun owner" advocating for banning scary-looking semi-automatic rifles?

I'm a gun owner who's advocating for retarded weapons that can shoot 400+ rounds per minute to be banned.

Hilarious that you put "gun owner" in quotations like everyone is going to have the same opinion as you.

I own two 9mm's, a .44 magnum, a few hunting rifles, and a cva black powder gun. Not all gun owners are dipshits.

I've also shot my BIL's AR-15. Coincidentally he's an unhinged idiot who thinks Alex Jones got screwed and is a 26 year old virgin lol. 🤔

Point being, there's a big difference between gun owners and gun nuts. One of them owns a weapon and allegedly can use it, the other makes their guns their entire identity and fetish.

I'm a gun owner who's advocating for retarded weapons that can shoot 400+ rounds per minute to be banned.

You're advocating against something that doesn't appeal to you. That's it. Bumpstocks aren't the boogey man you and others are making them out to be. I don't own one and I don't want one, but I'll fight for the right of others to get one if they want to.

Hilarious that you put "gun owner" in quotations like everyone is going to have the same opinion as you.

I own two 9mm's, a .44 magnum, a few hunting rifles, and a cva black powder gun. Not all gun owners are dipshits.

And what, if we all don't have the same view as you we're dipsh*ts?

I've also shot my BIL's AR-15. Coincidentally he's an unhinged idiot who thinks Alex Jones got screwed and is a 26 year old virgin lol. 🤔

Does that make all AR-15 owners like your BIL?

Point being, there's a big difference between gun owners and gun nuts. One of them owns a weapon and allegedly can use it, the other makes their guns their entire identity and fetish.

And let me guess, if our views don't align with yours we're gun nuts?

You're failing to understand that someone who opposes giving in to more "common sense" gun control isn't necessarily a "gun nut".

Where do those young black men brandishing their modified Glock equipped with an illegal switch fit into your worldview of gun owners? Are they in the same category as the white redneck who blows stuff up with tannerite?

I don't have a problem with someone carrying concealed in any location they can get away with carrying. If security measures are in place to stop this (i.e. metal detectors in a courthouse, etc.) then it's best not to try and carry there.

Restricting carrying in certain sensitive locations is not the same as some law that applies nationwide.

I have 2A gangster street cred? Who knew . . . .
Lol "get away with". This is ideal!

If you've read what I already posted in that other thread you'd know the answer to this question . . . if someone is too dangerous to own a firearm they're too dangerous to NOT be in jail and shouldn't be walking freely among us in society.
You expect me to read every thread on here? So you agree stringent background checks should happen to prevent domestic abusers, violent criminals and drug abusers getting their hands on an AR style weapon legally. Nice one.

You expect me to read every thread on here? So you agree stringent background checks should happen to prevent domestic abusers, violent criminals and drug abusers getting their hands on an AR style weapon legally. Nice one.

Why is this so hard for some . . . if someone is deemed too dangerous to legally carry a firearm they should be locked up.

There is nothing special about an AR-style rifle that would require some additional permission slips to own one.

Lol "get away with". This is ideal!

Concealed carry is concealed carry. Folks carry quite often in locations where a sign says no to. Why leave your protection up to others?

?? What? Are suggesting a fetus isn't a person? And that they magically become a person when they slide out of a vagina?

Why is it that it's considered a double murder if you kill a pregnant woman.... but it's ok to drag out and kill a fetus in the third trimester.

I'm not 100% pro-choice/life... this this is a retarded argument that guarantees conservatives will 100% reject.

I'm not a religious conservative, so I don't have those hang ups about abortion. Especially early term abortions.

I believe there is an approximate duration where a baby can survive most unassisted being born.... I think somewhere in the mid 20 weeks. That should be cut off... The idea that a potentially healthy fetus/baby has to be killed to perform abortion in late terms is complete abhorrent. Its disgusting.

The hard religious republicans kill the entire conservative movement with total abortion bans because Democrats can always circle back to the abortion issue... Even if their other policies completely suck. I think the Abortion issue killed Republicans in the mid-terms.

And to think Bump Stocks even have a minute effect on violent crime and gun murders is ridiculous. It’s a distraction from what's really going on. By far the highest demographic of murders are young black men killing each other with handguns.... No one on the left wants to address this. Why?
I think maybe you are misunderstanding me.

I am not talking about whether a fetus has human DNA or something. I am talking about personhood, and there are different types.

One example is legal personhood. Fetuses don’t have legal personhood. Try entering into a contract with one and see if it holds up in court. Try suing one :) You can’t do those things because they aren’t considered persons in the legal sense.

I am talking about another type of personhood, called constitutional personhood.
Put simple, when the Due Process Clauses in the 5th and 14th Amendments say, “No person may be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law”—who exactly is a “person,” in the sense that the Constitution means it?

I think the inescapable conclusion is that the Constitution means one is a “person” once they have been born. That’s the conclusion the Roe court came to, and I don’t even know of a Supreme Court justice that’s disagrees with this—not even the ones that overturned Roe. I don’t know how anyone could disagree, even. Go read the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Federalist Papers, debates in Congress at the time, and try to find an example of the word “person,” “persons,” or “the people” referring to the unborn.
You won’t, because it didn’t.

Fetal homicide laws are fairly recent, and I think they basically used the last trimester/viability idea that was present in Roe/Casey to criminalize the killing of a fetus at those stages. In the post-Roe world, all kinds of goofy shit is being asserted: AL recently defined a person to include an embryo that is t even implanted in the uterus, which is just bizarre.

As for bump stocks, I’m all in favor of banning them but agree with SCOTUS that they wouldn’t be included in the ban on machine guns as it is currently written, and Congress needs to fix it.

I suppose it would be prudent to get that defined. Back when the document was made, most people weren’t killing their fetuses. Also note that im on your side about the rape, deformity and woman’s health side of abortions. This should clearly be an option in these circumstances. Unfortunately they make up about 15% of abortions. Did you have a plan for the other 85% or do we just accept that depraved shit with the real cases?
It would be prudent to define it, but don’t expect our current SCOTUS to do it anytime soon. They could’ve done it in Dobbs, but they know full well there’s no originalist or textualist basis for what they want to do, so they just sidestepped it.

But never fear. I do have a plan as to how we should deal with abortions which have nothing to do with rape, incest, or health of the mother.

Under the BFoe Plan:
Women would make the decision privately, without government interference, with the help of their physicians. Everyone else would stay out of their business.
Of course, you could always exercise your own 1st Amendment right to scream at a cloud at how depraved you think it is, protest in an appropriate way at an appropriate place, and so forth.

Anyway no more abortion talk from me, we’ve derailed the shit out of this poor TS’s thread. There’s plenty of abortion threads to tag me in if we want to debate it.
Oh—before anyone says “what about legal, safe, and rare,” that was Bill Clinton’s opinion, and he’s entitled to it.

Why is this so hard for some . . . if someone is deemed too dangerous to legally carry a firearm they should be locked up.
What if they have a mental illness that make it very risky to own a firearm? They may not have committed any crime, but we still wouldn’t want them to have a gun. Or to Hunter Biden’s issue, what about drug users? What about convicted stalkers, those convicted of domestic abuse, that have served their sentences? There’s plenty of examples I can think of in which we might not want someone to own a firearm, but there’s nothing specific you can lock them up for.

Aside from the Las Vegas massacre, have bump stocks ever been used in other shootings?

You're advocating against something that doesn't appeal to you. That's it. Bumpstocks aren't the boogey man you and others are making them out to be. I don't own one and I don't want one, but I'll fight for the right of others to get one if they want to.

And what, if we all don't have the same view as you we're dipsh*ts?

Does that make all AR-15 owners like your BIL?

And let me guess, if our views don't align with yours we're gun nuts?

You're failing to understand that someone who opposes giving in to more "common sense" gun control isn't necessarily a "gun nut".

Where do those young black men brandishing their modified Glock equipped with an illegal switch fit into your worldview of gun owners? Are they in the same category as the white redneck who blows stuff up with tannerite?

What "boogeyman" lmao? A boogeyman is made up.

Bump stocks allow you to turn a gun shooting 45 rounds per minute into a gun that is shooting 400 fucking rounds a minute.

You act like you aren't a gun nut. Nobody, and I repeat absofuckinglutely nobody, is putting a bump stock on a semi-automatic rifle and shooting off 400+ rounds per minute unless they are gun nut you ding dong. There's no reason to fucking do it other than to compensate for you tiny pee pee and to waste shit ton of money on ammo...or to mow down a crowd of innocent people.

Also, LOL at the "these young black men"....wtf? You said it yourself, that shit is already illegal you racist clown. If you were consistent, you'd be totally cool with the modified Glocks wouldn't you? Shall not be infringed (unless you are the wrong skin color).

People who want bump stocks and illegal switches on their Glocks:

A) Criminals

B) Gun Nuts who compensate for their tiny dicks

C) Mass murders

There is nothing special about an AR-style rifle that would require some additional permission slips to own one.
You understand the difference between a firearm that unleashes multiple bullets per second compared to a regular handgun, right? In your lifetime in which situation have you needed such a weapon?

What if they have a mental illness that make it very risky to own a firearm? They may not have committed any crime, but we still wouldn’t want them to have a gun. Or to Hunter Biden’s issue, what about drug users? What about convicted stalkers, those convicted of domestic abuse, that have served their sentences? There’s plenty of examples I can think of in which we might not want someone to own a firearm, but there’s nothing specific you can lock them up for.
Nobody walks free unless they can be trusted with a gun. This isn't hard. I'm guessing children are exempt. And the mentally handicapped. Not sure about meth heads or crack heads like Hunter. I say lock them up just to be safe. You know, so we can all have guns for protection (which we won't even need since everyone dangerous is in jail).

You understand the difference between a firearm that unleashes multiple bullets per second compared to a regular handgun, right? In your lifetime in which situation have you needed such a weapon?

Not sure if I understand you do you belive a semi auto rifle shoots fast the a semi auto pistol?

What I'm trying to say is a government restriction that applies to every person across the country isn't equal to a mall ownership group posting signs at their entrances banning the carrying of firearms on their property.

I support a private business owner being able to decide on their own without the government directing them to do so. I can then decide if I want to give that business owner my business.
And what I am saying is you're fine with some restrictions on guns. Just like every other sane person in America.

Still giggling that Donny Man Tits has been stripped of his 2nd Amendment rights. I had more rights than him before I became a US citzen.

Nobody walks free unless they can be trusted with a gun. This isn't hard. I'm guessing children are exempt. And the mentally handicapped. Not sure about meth heads or crack heads like Hunter. I say lock them up just to be safe. You know, so we can all have guns for protection (which we won't even need since everyone dangerous is in jail).

Yea it's already illegal for them to own a firearm. They don't need to buy the gun themselves they just get someone that can pass any check to buy it for them.
They and the person that bought it for them don't get any real time for it

But the left anti gun crowd doesn't want to talk about that

Back