• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deaf man slaughtered by cops in front of helpless onlookers

LOL at not calling that training.

Good to know that instead of waiting five minutes from a secure location for the proper means to deescalate and apprehend a perp, you guys are real dead set on shooting a motherfucker.

How much time do you spend in negotiation training as opposed to on the range?
i don't have a crystal ball to predict the future. do you think when i respond to a routine call, i know the person i make contact with will try to stab me? if i knew that before hand, then i will call in backup with dogs, shields, firehose, negotiator to take care of him. Police work is very unpredictable dangerous.

There are also legal issues with "running" away to wait for backup with less-lethal force options. what if the knife guy holds someone hostage or stabs someone to death. am i protected from potential lawsuit from the victim's family because i ran away?

Last edited:
Why is it that UK police are so much better at taking down a suspect without lethal force than US police? I think @nhbbear talked about UK tactics when it came to a suspect with a knife.

Part of that answer is because they don't have guns. But even if they did, I think they would continue to use the shields, tasers, batons, and spray instead of lethal force.

Kudos to all the people itt pointing out that it's a hugely significant detail that one of them pulled a taser and one pulled a gun. This is what needs to be focused on.

Why was one well trained enough to use non-lethal force and the other so scared that he murdered a man on his own lawn? The officer who pulled his taser should be put in charge of a department wide re-training program and the officer who pulled his gun should be on trial for murder. There couldn't be a finer, more dichotomous example of correct training vs a trigger happy pig who never deserved a gun or authority. Use this situation to make an example of both officers actions.

Compliance has nothing to do with it, a red herring for bozos looking to nitpick any defense they can while ignoring the failure of police departments hiring and training practices.

Reminds me of the shooting of James Boyd. The officers were equipped with rifles, bean bag shotguns, tasers, and a police dog. First they decided to shoot him with the rifle a few times, then when he's rolling on the ground dying after being shot they shoot him with the bean bags, then they sic the dog on him.

Right and both cops body cams just happened to be off despite the fact that its OKC policy to be on in situations like this.

We dont need to trust cops anymore. Body cams are there for a reason if the cop is violating policy by turning them off they cant be trusted and there ought to be an investigation

Reading comprehension failure. Neither officer had a body camera.

and @EL GOAT gets an honorable mention failure for liking it

That's quite the counter-argument. Well done.

The guy was mentally disabled, just because he can write doesn't mean shit.
You make it sound like he was writing a fucking essay.

Look, we get it, you hate cops. Maybe you had to do some time at some point, and now you are a little biased. Who knows? But posts like this only serve to let everyone know that you are either being deliberately obtuse or you are flat out ignorant.
Either way, you have my pity. Best of luck!

Reminds me of the shooting of James Boyd. The officers were equipped with rifles, bean bag shotguns, tasers, and a police dog. First they decided to shoot him with the rifle a few times, then when he's rolling on the ground dying after being shot they shoot him with the bean bags, then they sic the dog on him.

SOP bruh.

Thats how you get home safely to your family.

Why is it that UK police are so much better at taking down a suspect without lethal force than US police? I think @nhbbear talked about UK tactics when it came to a suspect with a knife.

Theyre not triggered puzzies like Murkan cops.

That's quite the counter-argument. Well done.

Look, we get it, you hate cops. Maybe you had to do some time at some point, and now you are a little biased. Who knows? But posts like this only serve to let everyone know that you are either being deliberately obtuse or you are flat out ignorant.
Either way, you have my pity. Best of luck!
I hate bad employees...Those Cops are fucking horrible @ their job.

Dude, the guy was mentally disabled...How in the hell are you gonna deny that?

No, but if you get stabbed, some bystander gets hurt or some crazy bullshit goes down you could get written up for failure to follow policy and poor tactics.

If the outcome was bad enough, say you did taser first and then someone was killed by dude you were trying to tase, you could face civil liability for not following policy, maybe but unlikely criminal liability.
No offense, I've respected you and your posts for years, but how many officers are actually facing criminal liability? The biggest issue with the police right now is a total lack of accountability.

UK cops get called pussies for not having guns, but they regularly handle situations like this without killing anyone. Maybe it's because they're not petrified

ewlWuRy.gif

fuck that. Lucky for those cops they are in a wide open space where they can run. They are also lucky that this guy does not want to give chase. Pasty white cop with heavy duty belt is not going to out run a black guy from Kenya with running shoes and shorts

fuck that. Lucky for those cops they are in a wide open space where they can run. They are also lucky that this guy does not want to give chase. Pasty white cop with heavy duty belt is not going to out run a black guy from Kenya with running shoes and shorts

Now to be fair one of them eventually nutted up and tasered the guy:

giphy.gif

But how many British cops does it take to arrest a criminal?

"Magdiel Sanchez, 35, was shot and Tasered on a porch on Tuesday around 8:15 p.m. after he allegedly advanced toward officers following a hit-and-run involving his father, Police Capt. Bo Mathews said Wednesday. The encounter unfolded after witnesses called police to report the hit-and-run, and said the driver, Sanchez's father, had fled the scene and driven to the residence."

So the deaf guy's dad flees the scene of a hit-and-run, goes to his son's (or possibly shared) home, cops arrive to investigate, deaf guy comes out with a 2 foot length of pipe, advances on cops with said pipe after being repeatedly "warned verbally", gets shot and tasered.

Was the deaf guy mentally challenged or inebriated or something? I get that he's deaf and can't hear verbal commands, but I have a hard time believing there weren't visual cues that he shouldn't have been advancing on cops with a weapon.

You can't be serious...
So he saw the cops with drawn weapons, wording commands, and rather than drop the pipe and start signing that he's deaf, he advanced on them with the pipe raised? Can't say the shooting sounds all that unjustified from this recount.

Now to be fair one of them eventually nutted up and tasered the guy:

giphy.gif

But how many British cops does it take to arrest a criminal?

In the American LEO article I posted that's actually their strategy, the bull and bait method. It's actually pretty risky despite you trying to shit on them for it.

I suppose they used more cops because they value human life more than we do over here.

Bozos with no care for human life in here still arguing about compliance.

One decent human being used a taser and one murderer used a gun.

What's lacking in police departments across the country is accountability. The murderers they hire get paid leave while the benevolent brotherhood uses all it's resources to keep scumbags employed and on the force. Any case without overwhelming evidence against the cop, the cop always skates free, so the burden of evidence is higher to convict a cop than a citizen. Some serious privilege's for people who mostly have high school levels of education and a 6month cert program at the local community college.

Bozos with no care for human life in here still arguing about compliance.

One decent human being used a taser and one murderer used a gun.

What's lacking in police departments across the country is accountability. The murderers they hire get paid leave while the benevolent brotherhood uses all it's resources to keep scumbags employed and on the force. Any case without overwhelming evidence against the cop, the cop always skates free, so the burden of evidence is higher to convict a cop than a citizen. Some serious privilege's for people who mostly have high school levels of education and a 6month cert program at the local community college.
well, shit. if you think you can do better then why don't you sign up to be a cop? my agency is hiring.

Talk is cheap

No offense, I've respected you and your posts for years, but how many officers are actually facing criminal liability? The biggest issue with the police right now is a total lack of accountability.

I was giving worst case scenario. I've mentioned it before, I think politics gets interjected into prosecution of officers and derails success. For example, to crowd please a DA charges murder instead of manslaughter and then can't meet the burden of proof so a legitimate officer misconduct/crime gets acquitted.

Agencies need to be a hell of a lot better at weeding out officers with issues and officers with numerous legitimate misconduct issues. Officers also need to do a lot better job of saying shit when they see something.

Unfortunately a lot of agencies are so under staffed that they just keep problem officers on or just put their heads in the sand and keep them on. Some also may just say fuck it and not care. Not sure what is more common.

Not sure if that answers your question, if not let me know and I can try and clarify.

no, they are not. it's called alternate lethal force option. Taser does not work 100% all the time due to misfire, prongs dont make connection due to subjects clothing, etc. thats why you need lethal force option if non lethal force option fails

source: i teach less-lethal DT to cops
Except they fired at the same time.

Back