DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE (Official Full Trailer, post #166)

Predict DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE worldwide box office total

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Half the list you gave wasn't American either. Just take the L and move in.
the few listed movies w/ an asterisks are US co productions, & i noted as such. you listed movies that straight up weren’t even a US co production
He's listing a kids cartoon and part four of a goofy action series as among the best movies of the year. He's just arguing to argue becuase we argued in some other thread a while back.
that’s not even close to my best movies of the year list.* you’re literally flailing & acting like a baby because you had to pad your list

*Across the Spider-Verse happens to be my #1 movie of the year, though. just also happens to be an American movie. Past Lives is the only other in my top ten so far for US-only produced movies. two of the co-productions w/ other countries also easily in top ten of the year though (Poor Things & The Zone of Interest).
edit: May December might be top 10 too

Last edited:
I also feel the quality of film has fallen dramatically.

You appear to be the outlier, but if you are enjoying these films, great. It's a good time for those who share your tastes!
John Wick 4 is the only movie i wouldn’t fight for if someone argued it doesn’t belong in the “great” category, but it really does it for me. it’s easily the best/my favorite out of those Wick movies & the only one that i actually thought was fun as hell. also the cinematography, sets & lighting were also insane.

2023:
GREAT
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Past Lives
May December
John Wick: Chapter 4
Dream Scenario
The Zone of Interest*
Poor Things*
Rotting in the Sun*

GOOD
The Holdovers
Asteroid City
Bottoms
Barbie
The Killer
Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem
Saltburn*
Society of the Snow*

2013:
GREAT
Before Midnight
Prisoners
Blue Ruin
Under the Skin*
Jodorowsky’s Dune*
Butter on the Latch
A Spell to Ward Off the Darkness*
The Rambler

GOOD
Joe
Computer Chess
The Wolf of Wall Street

* indicates co-productions w/ one or more other countries

yeah sorry man, i’m not buying this hypothesis you’re putting out there tbh

Why arent Iron Claw and Migration on your list?

Why arent Iron Claw and Migration on your list?
haven’t seen Iron Claw yet (should probably check one of my trackers for a download, huh?) & i will probably never watch Migration unless forced against my will

What do you have against ducks?
it’s not the ducks, but Illumination, that i take issue w/

Right. Which is why I don't take your opinion on film seriously.
dude, what? just so you know, it doesn’t make you sound more like a grownup when you shit on a movie just because it’s animated. that’s a fifth grader trying to convince his older bro he’s not a baby anymore kinda mentality

it’s not the ducks, but Illumination, that i take issue w/

You should give it a shot, its an adorable little film with one of my favorite new cartoon characters ever

you-need-a-hug-gwen-mallard.gif

You should give it a shot, its an adorable little film with one of my favorite new cartoon characters ever

you-need-a-hug-gwen-mallard.gif
how ‘bout we trade. i’ll download & watch Migration if you watch…

idk. how about Rye Lane? if you haven’t seen it yet. chosen arbitrarily, so no specific reason other than i think it’s a legit great rom com that is so good, if all rom coms met the same bar, we’d all have to take the rom com genre seriously

how ‘bout we trade. i’ll download & watch Migration if you watch…

idk. how about Rye Lane? if you haven’t seen it yet. chosen arbitrarily, so no specific reason other than i think it’s a legit great rom com that is so good, if all rom coms met the same bar, we’d all have to take the rom com genre seriously

I just watched the trailer, that looks like something I would enjoy very much, thanks for the recommendation
Ole Pete loves him a good rom com, no doubt about it

I just watched the trailer, that looks like something I would enjoy very much, thanks for the recommendation
Ole Pete loves him a good rom com, no doubt about it
oh shit. i feel as though i actually knew that, somewhere in the deepest recesses of my brain, which is why Rye Lane was my first thought. i think you will legit love it.

edit: on-topic misc for thread tax:
what if Pete Davidson was Deadpool instead of RyRey. idk, mull it over, mayberry.

Update: February 13, 2024

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE Becomes Most Watched Movie Trailer of All Time with 365 Million Views

deadpool-wolverine-ht-jef-240212_1707751235109_hpMain_12x5.jpg

The first trailer for Marvel Studio’s threequel Deadpool & Wolverine, which dropped just before kickoff during a Super Bowl ad for the pic, racked up 365 million views in the first 24 hours, making it the most watched movie trailer in history, according to Marvel and parent company Disney.

The 365 million includes stat includes views that aired during the Super Bowl broadcast, which was at an all time high with 123 million viewers.

Starring Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman, the summer superhero tentole is directed by Shawn Levy. Reynolds — who has guided the franchise from the start — and Levy have been intent on making their July 26 release date in North America despite facing a lengthy production delay caused by last year’s SAG-AFTRA strike.

The record-shattering response to the trailer is good news for Kevin Feige‘s Marvel, which has seen its fame and fortune diminish in recent times. And Marvel, like its rivals, is also facing superhero fatigue among moviegoers. The previous record holder was Spider-Man: No Way Home, which launched to 355 million views in August 2021.

Marvel is counting on Deadpool & Wolverine to pull off a heroic feat and help reenergize the studio.

Deadpool 3 will be Marvel Studios‘ first R-rated movie, as well as its first to be led by a hero that previously appeared in movies made by 20th Century Fox. Disney and Marvel acquired the rights to characters such as the X-Men (and mutants including Deadpool) with its acquisition of Fox in 2019.

The first Deadpool, released in 2016, was a defining moment for the superhero genre with its irreverent and comedic tone (it also catapulted Reynolds to a new level in terms of his standing as actor, producer and even marketer). Both the 2016 film and the 2018 sequel were big hits for Fox and are the highest grossing films in the X-Men series. This time around, Reynolds is joined by Emma Corrin and Matthew Macfadyen, as well as Jackman, who reprises the role of Wolverine after initially retiring from the character with 2017’s Logan.

Back