Crime Deadly gun Attack on French Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK Prime Minister David Cameron said in a tweet: "The murders in Paris are sickening. We stand with the French people in the fight against terror and defending the freedom of the press."

.... but you know, we've gotta keep the influx of immigrants up still.

Have you seen the protests in Germany at all? Are they that big or is that just an exaggeration? I've heard that Angela Merkel and many others denounced them so I'm not sure they're actually that big.
According to a survey, 13% of Germans want to particpate in the Pegida demonstrations if a similiar demonstrations were held in their hometown.

29% of the people in the survey said that Islam's influence on Germany was such immense that the demonstrations are needed.

I understand that foreigners want to be cautious about that and not link every single attack on Earth to Muslims. But I'm a French journalist and there is no way the Charlie Hebdo massacre wasn't made by Muslim. I would have waited for more information if it had happened in another journal, but since it's Charlie Hebdo it's more than obvious who did it.

I think people largely believe it was caused by Charlie's situation with Muslims.

According to a survey, 13% of Germans want to particpate in the Pegida demonstrations if a similiar demonstrations were held in their hometown.

29% of the people in the survey said that Islam's influence on Germany was such immense that the demonstrations are needed.
Interesting. I'm wondering if some only said no so they wouldn't seen as hateful. I understand these types of polls are anonymous but it's not that inconceivable that people would lie on them.

It's been reported that there were multiple masked men armed with automatic weapons. So you might want to hold back your prejudiced insinuations; as there have been no info released on the identities of the culprits. You might look a little silly. Btw why do people keep saying religion of peace? I seriously don't get it. It's definitely not a religion of peace.

Prejudiced ignorance is the best ignorance.

Someone is about to eat crow...

Who's looking silly now?

And yesterday people were outraged that Michel Houelbeque's last book was not giving a good opinion of Islam...

that was my first thought.
germanys 2nd biggest news show opened with a piece on houelbeques new book yesterday

Have you seen the protests in Germany at all? Are they that big or is that just an exaggeration? I've heard that Angela Merkel and many others denounced them so I'm not sure they're actually that big.

Public opinion (polls) is basically 50/50 on this.
A lot of extremes used on both sides (either we are shortly before installing Sharia law or Islam is super cool and mass immigration of unskilled doesnt present Problems for us)

An assumption based on lots and lots of facts isn't prejudice, just playing the odds.

What other group in freaking Europe kills large groups of people? Especially just for mocking them. Apparently there are multiple shooters so lot less likely it's just a nutcase.

According to several witnesses the gunmen were yelling "Allah Akbar" and "the prophet has been avenged".

Interesting. I'm wondering if some only said no so they wouldn't seen as hateful. I understand these types of polls are anonymous but it's not that inconceivable that people would lie on them.
That is a valid question!

In voter surveys in Sweden, the Sweden Democrats (a party deemed as racist by liberal media) generally receives a couple of percent lower support than in the real elections. That is most likely to the fear of being labeled as a racist even though the surveys are anonymous.

So the answer is to arm everyone to the teeth.. oh, wait!

25somalia-web2-articleLarge.jpg

Yes because the western world is JUST like Somalia aside from the guns

Oh oh they are pressing for Governments to take control of Twitter and Facebook to limit speech.

It's been reported that there were multiple masked men armed with automatic weapons. So you might want to hold back your prejudiced insinuations; as there have been no info released on the identities of the culprits. You might look a little silly. Btw why do people keep saying religion of peace? I seriously don't get it. It's definitely not a religion of peace.

It's Charlie Hebdo, they've had their fair share of dealings with Muslim extremists.

Religion of peace is satirical. We're quickly reminded in the media after an event that Islam is a religion of peace, and that those who are violent aren't true muslims.

Yes because the western world is JUST like Somalia aside from the guns

You think that everyone wants to carry guns? You think that the inner Cities and the slums of France would not be covered with guns? Most people don't want to live in constant fear of drive by shootings or random shootings. My father served in combat and German soldiers would walk by houses and fire into them many times killing people. You think because your armed you could stop this violent action? You think people could pull their handgun out in time to stop or reduce the killings? Your clueless adding anything always make the situation worst in most cases. EDIT:Its not going to stop people who believe there is 72 virgins waiting for them.

The four cartoonist that have made satire depicting Muhammad and the IS-leader are dead.

The death toll is now 12.

There are 2 vids running on at the moment: one shows one of the two masked gun men kill a cop in cold blood, and the other shows the two gun men opening fire on the police, shouting "allah akbar" (sp?).

Dark days ahead for sure...

That may be about to increase by quite a bit.

You think that everyone wants to carry guns? You think that the inner Cities and the slums of France would not be covered with guns? Most people don't want to live in constant fear of drive by shootings or random shootings. My father served in combat and German soldiers would walk by houses and fire into them many times killing people. You think because your armed you could stop this violent action? You think people could pull their handgun out in time to stop or reduce the killings? Your clueless adding anything always make the situation worst in most cases. EDIT:Its not going to stop people who believe there is 72 virgins waiting for them.

Yes. Most people dont live in fear of shootings in an area with legal responsible gun ownership, suggesting that the actions of German soldiers in combat is in any way analogous to an armed populace going about their day to day life is silly

Lets all pretend like this is an isolated event. A couple of highly trained "crazies" right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back