deadlifting twice a week

Captain_Dammitt

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
how safe or unsafe would doing 2 different types of deadlifts (snatch grip and walkin deadlift) a week if your doing the other main lifts like power snatch and cleans and squats etc

I always thought it was the opinion of most that dl's twice a week is a bit too taxing...

whats a walkin deadlift?

Does it involve cowbell?

6.jpg

put the bar with about 60-70% of ur 1rm maybe more or less depending, set it on the pins about knee hight or a lil more pick up the bar take two to three steps back and set the bar down on the ground without stopping deadlift the bar up and walk it back to the pins, thats one rep try 5x5 i did it with 225 last time and my hands, grip and traps were hurtin

put the bar with about 60-70% of ur 1rm maybe more or less depending, set it on the pins about knee hight or a lil more pick up the bar take two to three steps back and set the bar down on the ground without stopping deadlift the bar up and walk it back to the pins, thats one rep try 5x5 i did it with 225 last time and my hands, grip and traps were hurtin

Did somebody show that to you, or did you come up with it on your own?

I think it would be too much. Here's what I do for my deads:

Week 1: ME Deads
Weeks 2-3: DE Deads/Speed Deads
Week 4: ME Deads
Weeks 5-6: Defecit Deads/Snatch grip Deads
Repeat

IMO 2x a week will get you gains at first, but then you will tire yourself out quickly and stop making progress

i do romanian dls on my squat day and regular dls on my pull day, i never thought it was a bad idea before

but i just got sick after my press day, hopefully i can fight it off today before i hit the squats tomorrow

I've only kept deadlifting to once a week based on the fact that it is pretty taxing on the body. However i've done RDL's on my deadlift day as well and haven't had a problem yet. So my best advice is to keep it once a week.

yeah there is actually a pretty long article on t-nation about walking deadlifts... but I haven't seen it for some time and would have no clue how to get back to it... so really this post is pointless and of now help to anyone... damnit

I actually do like 2 semi-light sets of RDL's on my squat day and still DL on my pull-day and I don't find that to be too taxing...

how safe or unsafe would doing 2 different types of deadlifts (snatch grip and walkin deadlift) a week if your doing the other main lifts like power snatch and cleans and squats etc

I am doing the Stronglifts 5x5 program so I workout 3x a week with Squats 5x5 every workout and deadlifts every other workout. On Stronglifts you are supposed to only do 1x5 for deadlifts so I do a couple warm up sets and then 1x5 so it is not too taxing even though I deadlift 2x a week every other week.

I didn't think you could squat every workout, but so far it seems ok and I feel stronger. I would say to try the 2x a week deadlifts for at least 2 weeks and see how it goes.

If you're not already squatting 2 or more times a week, then take care of that first.

yeah there is actually a pretty long article on t-nation about walking deadlifts... but I haven't seen it for some time and would have no clue how to get back to it... so really this post is pointless and of now help to anyone... damnit

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kRQiqrv_4Zc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kRQiqrv_4Zc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Squatting twice a week is more important. You can get away with deadlifting once a week or less for a very long time without stalling progress.

A pro lightweight strongman was asked on another board how often he deadlifts. He said he pulls from the floor four times a year. The guy is very good deadlifter.

I've been going more and more towards the mentaility that you don't have to deadlift often in order to pull big numbers.

A pro lightweight strongman was asked on another board how often he deadlifts. He said he pulls from the floor four times a year. The guy is very good deadlifter.

I've been going more and more towards the mentaility that you don't have to deadlift often in order to pull big numbers.

How often does he practice with Atlas stones?

I was able to deadlift heavy 2x a week when I first started, but now I can only pull once a week.

Back