DC - wrong preparation??

He is training with 6'6 82" wingspan soon to be Bellator LHW Champ Liam Mcgeary

he also had buchecha in his camp (checkmat)

if you think all he did was wrestle with guys around his size you're misguided.

He is well rounded and has shown in the past he is a true MMArtist.

Cormier is well prepared, if he loses this fight it's only because Jon was the better man on the night.

Cormier has a 0% allowed takedown. That's number one in UFC across individuals who have had ten fights or more. He will always focus on his wrestling because that's his bread and butter.

AKA is NO JOKE so I highly doubt he will not be prepared. In addition to all of the individuals mentioned here, he is also doing a lot more cardio than normal. Cormier was READY to fight Jones in September, he has had three months EXTRA to get in even better shape and polish things up.

Don't be surprised if his wrestling is nullified though. Remember Rumble-Davis where Davis was a D1 champ and Rumble the JC wrestler stuffed the chit out of all his takedowns. Jones could use his wrestling skills defensively here, this isn't a wrestling newbie. If this fight stays on the feet, Cormier will be made a fool. Yes he has power but can he land it cleanly without taking back firepower.

Maybe he's not trying to emulate Jones. That would be him reacting to Jones. Perhaps he's trying to sharpen up his already considerable wrestling advantage, in order to dictate the fight and make Jones react. If he's truly confident, that would be the game plan to use. I feel as though the guy reacting is always on the back foot against the guy dictating. Jones has always had that advantage of dictating the fight and the pace because everyone he faces had been trying to find a way to deal with what Jones brings to the table, instead of bringing their own A game and making Jones deal with it.

I watched bad blood, and on DC side, they showed him bringing a wrestler and training with Cain.

Cain is also a wrestler.

Now, I know Jon is a wrestler, but his style is far from pure wrestlers.

Isn't DC focusing too much on wrestling?

Who's helping him deal with the reach & striking game? (heck, if it was me, I'd bring stefan struve to my camp!!).

What do you guys think??

Fighters don't want to give away their gameplans or training regimens so they only reveal the part they want you to see. DC only showed the wrestling part of his training to get in Jones' head that he's going to try to wrestle him. Looks like you fell for it too.

I agree with you.
But bringing a pure wrestler and training with Cain hardly qualifies as training to face Jon.
it helps keep his wrestling & cardio top notch, but like you noted.
Both guys (the wrestler and Cain) have no standup/reach to emulate what Jon will bring.

He would need to train with someone with considerable reach (like my example of stefan struve) to work in getting inside and then use his wrestling. AGree?

He's bringing in one of the best wrestlers in the world to train with, and Cain is injured, so he's not training much with Cain. Coming in quick and getting the clinch is how DC wins this fight, so training his wrestling is a good idea. I'm sure he's been training with people with a long reach as well, but getting the clinch is his main priority, so it makes sense.

Maybe he didn't want that part shown because he knows Jon's gonna be watching.

Training with this beast should help

tumblr_n6bae54jrh1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

GleamingAmusedGlassfrog.gif

tumblr_n9crnxhWZp1qhndw9o4_500.gif

We Sherdoggers probably think about, and strategize for this fight for an hour out of our day. These guys get PAID to obsess over, and strategize for this fight for the majority of their day, and when they go home. You really think they haven't covered all their bases?

Jones' biggest mistake was openly saying he would out wrestle Cormier in their fight, I guarantee that motivated DC and he's going to push his wrestling to a whole other level.

Will be disappointed if Black Fedor doesn't rag-doll this eye poker.

DC training with an olympic wrestler means that he's NOT training to fight Jones.

People can't jump to conclusions just like that, it's ridiculous. DC's been training for Jones since forever now.

Due to production. He may only be showing the things he wants toshow to the public. And secondly, wrestling is one of the most physically demanding sports. So maybe he is using that to pump his gas tank. Prepare for a long one.

6'6 81" wingspan Liam Mcgeary.
Buchecha.
With the exception of a few Glory guys I don't really see how his camp could have been much better.

Cormier trained with Buchecha in this camp? If so, that's incredible.

pretty safe to say that the 40 seconds of wrestling you saw doesn't leave you with enough info to make any sort of judgment, TS.

"like OMFG, i listened to Serial TWICE so i know so-and-so is guilty!"

Cormier trained with Buchecha in this camp? If so, that's incredible.

I'm on the road but I'll look for the article when I post. Buchecha also said he's at AKA with some frequency so it seems this isn't the first time he's helped AKA camps.

You've got to come prepared for the fighter you're facing, but I think it is more important to come prepared for your own game. Wrestling is his strength, so it seems reasonable to focus on that.

Back