DC - wrong preparation??

I'm on the road but I'll look for the article when I post. Buchecha also said he's at AKA with some frequency so it seems this isn't the first time he's helped AKA camps.

That's awesome. I'm really excited for him to make the transition to mma. I think he does very well. He's noticeably more athletic than most of his grappling peers. He's also still young.

McGreary and Rockhold are about as good as you're going to do for Jones imitators in the striking.

McGreary and Rockhold are about as good as you're going to do for Jones imitators in the striking.

I think Artem Levin would be an ideal guy to train for Jon. MMA guys haven't tapped into him yet. None that I know.

There was another young Brazilian guy from Glory 6'4 1/2 80" wingspan and he resembles Jon a lot in his striking.

I think Artem Levin would be an ideal guy to train for Jon. MMA guys haven't tapped into him yet. None that I know.

There was another young Brazilian guy from Glory 6'4 1/2 80" wingspan and he resembles Jon a lot in his striking.

There is no way that a striker of Levin's quality wouldn't be helpful, but I don't think he is necessarily that similar stylistically even if he was similar physical dimensions. He is much more reliant on his boxing than Jones is (and exponentially better at it than Jones). Still, you're right that he would be extremely helpful to any MMA fighter around the weight to work with.

I watched bad blood, and on DC side, they showed him bringing a wrestler and training with Cain.

Cain is also a wrestler.

Now, I know Jon is a wrestler, but his style is far from pure wrestlers.

Isn't DC focusing too much on wrestling?

Who's helping him deal with the reach & striking game? (heck, if it was me, I'd bring stefan struve to my camp!!).

What do you guys think??

Struve is to slow to imitate jones. Just cause he's tall it doesn't equate.

Ex. Rashad vs Forrest / rashad vs jones.
Or for that matter, rashad vs imes

The other question is who is Jones training with for Cormier?. Cormier is a short barrel chested guy with a chubby belly and thick thighs. I only see videos of Jones training with some taller smaller people

That's awesome. I'm really excited for him to make the transition to mma. I think he does very well. He's noticeably more athletic than most of his grappling peers. He's also still young.

I know. I want roll with that guy at least once.

http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/buche...ngerous-on-the-ground-he-will-surprise-jones/

http://fuckyeahcombatsports.tumblr....buchecha-its-training-with-velasquez-rockhold

The second link is from 2013 and shows them with Leozinho too. What a great camp.

Someone post the Mark Hunt message to keyboard warriors video please.

It's pretty obvious what DC's plan is..

He knows he has 0 chance of beating JJ with striking.

The other question is who is Jones training with for Cormier?. Cormier is a short barrel chested guy with a chubby belly and thick thighs. I only see videos of Jones training with some taller smaller people

Jones did bring in Ed Ruth, one of the greatest NCAA wrestlers ever. Admittedly he's smaller than Cormier but he's a far better folkstyle wrestler.

The guy they showed him with isn't just a wrestler, or great wrestler, or Olympic wrestler. He is an Olympic gold medal winning wrestler. Khadzhimurat Gatsalov, the guy who beat Cormier at the Olympics. He brought in one of the few people on the planet who can help him make his wrestling better.

If Jones is at Winks in NM for this camp he will have Overeem to work with for trying to overcome strength. The smaller guys at my gym usually work with me to work on getting around the strength aspect of a bigger guy.

As far as body type, Coemier is a rather odd build for an mma guy. Of course Jones' latest backhanded propaganda would seem to agree, but he truly is difficult to prepare for I would think. Hea got a low center of gravity, brutally strong, insanely powerful. And he trains at one of the best striking gyma in the world.

I donjot mean this in a smart ass way, but Jones needs to make sure he does a LOT of working from his back.

There are videos of DC Doing his lateral takedown to Cain EFFORTLESSLY. Let's be real, DC gets arms around Jones, Jones is going to the mat in a handbag.

Last edited:
Back