DC - wrong preparation??

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I watched bad blood, and on DC side, they showed him bringing a wrestler and training with Cain.

Cain is also a wrestler.

Now, I know Jon is a wrestler, but his style is far from pure wrestlers.

Isn't DC focusing too much on wrestling?

Who's helping him deal with the reach & striking game? (heck, if it was me, I'd bring stefan struve to my camp!!).

What do you guys think??

why would he worry about striking when he has heavy hands, he will use his wrestling to make his striking effective. The last thing you want to do is stand on the outside, he will be clinched or in the pocket and the only thing he has to worry about there is elbows. His punches are weak, his elbows are what you have to train for.

why would he worry about striking when he has heavy hands, he will use his wrestling to make his striking effective. The last thing you want to do is stand on the outside, he will be clinched or in the pocket and the only thing he has to worry about there is elbows. His punches are weak, his elbows are what you have to train for.

I agree with you.
But bringing a pure wrestler and training with Cain hardly qualifies as training to face Jon.
it helps keep his wrestling & cardio top notch, but like you noted.
Both guys (the wrestler and Cain) have no standup/reach to emulate what Jon will bring.

He would need to train with someone with considerable reach (like my example of stefan struve) to work in getting inside and then use his wrestling. AGree?

Punches score points, you train not to lose in general. You don't train just to survive and not get finished

I think he's been using Rockhold to mimick Jons striking.

This. Cormier has been using Rockhold a lot, which is a pretty quality sparring partner for dealing with a rangy striker. Cormier will be prepared.

We don't know how he is exactly preparing for Jon Jones, especially just based on Countdown and Bad Blood, unless you are his friend, relative or work on his gym.

He brought in a guy from WSOF (cmiiw) who has a very similar frame to Jones and had him emulating Jones. I doubt anyone could effectively emulate Jones though, but at least he had something with the same frame so he is used to the reach.

We don't know how he is exactly preparing for Jon Jones, especially just based on Countdown and Bad Blood, unless you are his friend, relative or work on his gym.

We know he prepared by walking on his treadmill.

Wouldn't shock me in the least bit if DC attempts to simply hold onto Jones for 5 rounds and not strike with him what so ever.

true.
But I am trying to find the answers people in here could probably help with.

Like mentioning Luke. I forgot he is from AKA and is (probably) helping DC.

I also asked similar question about Jon's preparation here.

Again, you are right. We don't know. But some people in here are great minds and know their MMA.
So we can assess it to the best of our (considerable) knowledge! :)

true.
But I am trying to find the answers people in here could probably help with.

Like mentioning Luke. I forgot he is from AKA and is (probably) helping DC.

I also asked similar question about Jon's preparation here.

Again, you are right. We don't know. But some people in here are great minds and know their MMA.
So we can assess it to the best of our (considerable) knowledge! :)

You are right man, I didn't try to be a dick, but sometimes people (I'm not saying it's your case) bases all their opinion on the training of some fighter on Countdowns or any other promotional video.

He should focus on getting his face into Jones fingers and win the fight via UD after 3 or 4 point deductions.

I watched bad blood, and on DC side, they showed him bringing a wrestler and training with Cain.

Cain is also a wrestler.

Who's helping him deal with the reach & striking game? (heck, if it was me, I'd bring stefan struve to my camp!!).

What do you guys think??

It don't matter 'cause the only preparation Jones is going to need is Preparation H after the severe raping he's going to take

Just because DC shows him training with a wrestler doesn't mean thats all he does. Why show all your cards to the cameras?

He should train with Jon to fight Jon. Is that what you're looking for?

6'6 81" wingspan Liam Mcgeary.
Buchecha.
With the exception of a few Glory guys I don't really see how his camp could have been much better.

You should call AKA and tell them what they are missing. They don't know anything, they really need your help TS.

Hurry up, before Saturday

Last edited:

Cain is also a wrestler.

What do you guys think??

what makes you think he's not emphasizing other aspects? part of the promo piece is just to create a story and make the fight seem like a contrast in styles/abilities.

Back