DC will lose against Jones

Jones's striking is not that great. It is ok but nothing great. His punches do not have enough on them to make DC pay for working his way inside. His kicks will be a non factor because I don't think he will use them that much, do to the fear of the takedown.

I think DC beats Jones but the fight probably won't happen. Gus is going to beat Jones.

Jones is 100x way more skills than every HW fighters in the UFC.

The only person I see gve Jones probably is Cain because of his dirty boxing and wrestling and pace.

JDS? I see Jones picking JDS by strikes. I don't think JDS will take Jones down.
So by striking, Jones probably pick JDS apart because he's too slow for Jones. Jones would poke JDS and kick his knees over and over like Rampage and JDS won't even be able to land a hard hit on Jones.

Cain on the other hand will push Jones and clinch Jones to the cage and could take JOnes down, but remember, Jones ain't so slow, he's 100x more skills than every HW even mre skills than Cain.

So you imagine a 240 pounds Jones vs Cain, you know Cain will have big problem too.
Jones might even wreck and finish Cain by sub or TKO since Cain rarely have a chin.
Remember Kongo rock Cain badly every round and Cain have his wrestlingt o save him from Kongo.
On the other hand, Jones have the wrestling to deflect Cain wrestling too.

It's Cain pace and dirty boxing that will give Jones problem but since jOnes have a iron chin, hard for Cain to win by TKO/KO.
Cain might win by decision.

Stop imagining a 205 Jones vs Cain or JDS, even at 205, Jones still weight around 220 pounds during fight night.
Imagine a 240 Jones and 245 pounds Jones fight night, he would be a dangerous opponent for the HW division.

Look at Jones brothers and tell me. His younger bro look freaking huge, like 6'6" 270 to 280 pounds.

If you seriously think Jones would beat JDS on the feet you are insane.

Gus was beating Jones on the feet. JDS would maul Gus very, very badly. JDS would positively starch Jones, and Jones would be trying to take him down.

Get your head checked

But DC will be facing Gustaffson. why all the comparisons to Jones.

jones vs cormier must happen, styles make fights I've thought cormier could beat jones ever since he mentioned the LHW cut. Someone needs to make a poll cormier vs jones

Your assessment was extremely biased and quite frankly shows your lack of fighting knowledge and overall martial arts experience. There are so many points to attack ill just pick a couple. Your argument about DC 's lack of experience would be somewhat valid if you were comparing DC to Anderson Silva...but not Jon Jones. Jones has been doing MMA for roughly the same time with the main factor in this analysis being that Cormier was CAPTAIN of the US OLYMPIC WRESTLING team before Bones started training. This makes me wonder if you're trolling or not. When you say that Cormier defeated one dimensional fighters with his one dimension I have to ask you ...do you know what MMA is? Cormier used strikes, movement, and precise timing to set up his wrestling and then uses phenomenal pressure grappling to set up his strikes and submissions. That's the complete package in this sport my friend. Cormier took the 3 of the best grapplers in a weight class above his own (Bigfoot, Mir, Barnett) and manhandled all of them at their own game. Bones has already met his match in Gustafson and Cormier's best match is his friend and training partner Cain Valasquez (we all agree would smash Jones). Now I just feel like this is getting out of hand lol so ill stop. Book mark this...DC beats Jones!
Lol, I stopped reading when you brought up the Olympic wrestling bullshit. This is MMA not fucking Olympic wrestling. Some fans need to remember that.

If you seriously think Jones would beat JDS on the feet you are insane.

Gus was beating Jones on the feet. JDS would maul Gus very, very badly. JDS would positively starch Jones, and Jones would be trying to take him down.

Get your head checked

Lol, Gus would destroy jds.

If Jones quits ducking alexander gustafsson and signs the contract to fight.. And wins. He will get ragged dollled like Hendo did by DC..

I believe Cormier's "work ethic" and determination are greater than Jones'. Not by much, because Jones is a pretty dedicated guy too, but it will be enough to make the difference. Why do I think this? Cormier has run through everyone that's put in front of him, and I don't just mean wrestle-fucked. Whether it's punching the shit out of people with Fedoresque speed and power, or flinging huge HWs into the air as if gravity was not a force in his physical world, he's simply put, a beast.

He's also lived up to his word; in chasing gold (and respecting his teammate Cain Velasquez), he successfully dropped down a weightclass and looks just as unstoppable. Can you picture an instance where Jones would have moved up to fight Cormier? Doubt it. But all along, DC has said he's coming for Jones, and he has. DC is going to give us a version of a "superfight" unlike anything we've witnessed before.

If Jones isn't shook by facing Gus again, then he has to be worried about the determined and talented fighter that is Daniel Cormier. Black Fedor hasn't lost a round by most accounts. Jones just almost lost a fight. You complete the mathematics.

Your assessment was extremely biased and quite frankly shows your lack of fighting knowledge and overall martial arts experience. There are so many points to attack ill just pick a couple. Your argument about DC 's lack of experience would be somewhat valid if you were comparing DC to Anderson Silva...but not Jon Jones. Jones has been doing MMA for roughly the same time with the main factor in this analysis being that Cormier was CAPTAIN of the US OLYMPIC WRESTLING team before Bones started training. This makes me wonder if you're trolling or not. When you say that Cormier defeated one dimensional fighters with his one dimension I have to ask you ...do you know what MMA is? Cormier used strikes, movement, and precise timing to set up his wrestling and then uses phenomenal pressure grappling to set up his strikes and submissions. That's the complete package in this sport my friend. Cormier took the 3 of the best grapplers in a weight class above his own (Bigfoot, Mir, Barnett) and manhandled all of them at their own game. Bones has already met his match in Gustafson and Cormier's best match is his friend and training partner Cain Valasquez (we all agree would smash Jones). Now I just feel like this is getting out of hand lol so ill stop. Book mark this...DC beats Jones!

You make too much of Cormier's accomplishments at HW where he wasn't cutting weight against a much shallower division. Mir is one of the best grapplers at HW but he is not consistent at all and his skills pale in comparison to fighters at other weights. Bigfoot is slow and technically weak. Barnett is the best win you mentioned but, again, it is a shallower division. Cormier just beat Hendo, but Henderson is a jumped up MW at 43 years old and just losing his TRT injections. Any elite LHW should be expected to do the same. Just look at what JJ did to the likes of Chael and Vitor, the latter of which is a much better striker than Cormier will ever be, btw. Saying that Cormier is better because he beat larger men is just silly. At LHW everyone has to weigh in the same or they are at a huge disadvantage where as at HW, you have LHW's moving up (or just fighting well above their natural weight class) and wrecking people regularly. Up until recently, Cormier was even an example of that. Take him out of that environment and he goes from being potentially one of the two best HW's to just being a talented LHW, far from a clinch for future champion, especially when one of the best in the game is currently at the top of the division...

When Jones fought Bonnar I immediately said he will be 205 champ. When Cormier won the tournament Grand Prix in Strikeforce I said this could be the greatest fighter of all time. So far I'm right

Welp, you heard it guys. This guy called one thing right, so stop arguing about this.

I think people are starting to overrate Cormier's wrestling a tad (it's hard to overrate wrestling as good as his, but many seem to think he'll handle Jones with ease in this area, and I don't anyone in the sport is capable of dominating Jones in that aspect) and underrating his striking. I think it would be wrong to think that Jones has a big advantage if Cormier can't get him down. There are several aspects of his striking game that can give Jon all types of problems, I think (and most of it starts with his jab).

I think people are starting to overrate Cormier's wrestling a tad (it's hard to overrate wrestling as good as his, but many seem to think he'll handle Jones with ease in this area, and I don't anyone in the sport is capable of dominating Jones in that aspect) and underrating his striking. I think it would be wrong to think that Jones has a big advantage if Cormier can't get him down. There are several aspects of his striking game that can give Jon all types of problems, I think (and most of it starts with his jab).

Jon will have a full foot reach advantage. I doubt Cormier's jab is going to be a decisive factor...

All of the technical mistakes against Hendo while in the ground, that someone like Jones would capitalize to sweep, hellbow, and submit.

On the stand up EVEN against big foot he got a sloppy KO, all his other fights his striking has looked simple and lackluster while Jones has a more diverse tool set.

Sloppy? By MMA standards, that was nice boxing. He jabbed his way in against a far bigger man, hooked off the jab, and then was in perfect position to land the uppercut. Cormier's boxing is far more technically sound than Jon Jones'.

You make too much of Cormier's accomplishments at HW where he wasn't cutting weight against a much shallower division. Mir is one of the best grapplers at HW but he is not consistent at all and his skills pale in comparison to fighters at other weights. Bigfoot is slow and technically weak. Barnett is the best win you mentioned but, again, it is a shallower division. Cormier just beat Hendo, but Henderson is a jumped up MW at 43 years old and just losing his TRT injections. Any elite LHW should be expected to do the same. Just look at what JJ did to the likes of Chael and Vitor, the latter of which is a much better striker than Cormier will ever be, btw. Saying that Cormier is better because he beat larger men is just silly. At LHW everyone has to weigh in the same or they are at a huge disadvantage where as at HW, you have LHW's moving up (or just fighting well above their natural weight class) and wrecking people regularly. Up until recently, Cormier was even an example of that. Take him out of that environment and he goes from being potentially one of the two best HW's to just being a talented LHW, far from a clinch for future champion, especially when one of the best in the game is currently at the top of the division...

Cormier would outstrike Vitor if he wanted to. All of this is just hogwash.

I'm a fan of Jon Jones, but DC just might be the best guy in the LHW division right now. He's that good.

This will be a close tough fight, but if Jones gets past DC, he's UNDENIABLY the G.O.A.T.

Jon will have a full foot reach advantage. I doubt Cormier's jab is going to be a decisive factor...

People weigh reach far too heavily while discussing the effectiveness of a jab. Andre Ward and Miguel Cotto are regularly at rather significant reach deficits against their opponents, and they outjab just about everyone they fight. Mike Tyson's jab was a huge part of his repertoire and he had a lesser reach than Daniel Cormier and regularly fought men with very similar reaches to Jon Jones (who actually had jabs of their own unlike Jon Jones). Cormier's jab is probably the biggest reason (alongside his quickness) that he gets inside on everyone he fights with utter ease. We saw how much success Gustafsson's jab had in backing Jones up and closing the distance. I think we'll see more of the same if/when Cormier and Jones fight (though, Cormier will have a sustained pressure gameplan instead of boxing Jones and backing him up in spots like Gus did). Both Cain and Cormier have overlooked jabs that are extremely important to their pressure styles.

Cormier would outstrike Vitor if he wanted to. All of this is just hogwash.

You've got to be kidding. Cormier's striking isn't even a shadow of Vitor's when it comes down to pure striking. It is aided by his wrestling, but it isn't nearly as impressive on its own. He isn't all that much of a threat to an elite striker on the outside, unlike Vitor. If you put Vitor and Cormier in a kickboxing match, what happens? Vitor leaves him unconscious. Of course, this is assuming Vitor isn't greatly diminished by lack of TRT or finally past his prime or some such thing. Jones easily dealt with the much shorter Vitor in the striking battles when they fought. Cormier would be in much more danger in those situations and would be looking to bully him around the cage, rather than snipe him from the outside like Jones was able to do. Cormier needs to supplement his striking with effective wrestling to make it truly dangerous to an elite fighter. If he can do that against Jones, he may have success, but otherwise he is in for a long night.

Back