DC will lose against Jones

I see dc winning, but then again I dont really like jones so maybe its just wishful thinking lol

Yeah, I agree.

There typically isn't a point to making a thread about why an underdog with inferior physical attributes will lose to the P4P #1 undefeated (effectively) champion. Unless you have some special insight, which you don't.

It would be like me saying the Charlotte Bobcats will lose to the Miami Heat. Not exactly worthy of note.

Actually I think Cormier has better physical attributes than Jones. This was clear in my assessment. He just lacks the skills to use them, being a stocky Olympic wrestler is the kryptonite to a lanky fighter like Jones provided he knew how to in-fight which most mma fighters DON'T.

In which fight showed DC's weaknesses?

All of the technical mistakes against Hendo while in the ground, that someone like Jones would capitalize to sweep, hellbow, and submit.

On the stand up EVEN against big foot he got a sloppy KO, all his other fights his striking has looked simple and lackluster while Jones has a more diverse tool set.

I think DC's style is a great approach to how to challenge a lanky fighter. You have to put pressure then they do odd things, we shall see how the reaction is. Whether DC faces Jones or Gus it's a tough fight for both the way he fights.

Ridiculous. Cormier is one of the most talented fighters I've seen. Your critique of him not having good striking makes no sense. He handled everyone at heavyweight, on the feet and with his wrestling. He's very relaxed and strikes as if he were on the pads, look at how he tooled Cummins on the feet. Cummins may not look like a killer but he just got in and did it.

All of the technical mistakes against Hendo while in the ground, that someone like Jones would capitalize to sweep, hellbow, and submit.

On the stand up EVEN against big foot he got a sloppy KO, all his other fights his striking has looked simple and lackluster while Jones has a more diverse tool set.

Lol? I've watched DC seminars, he has incredible top control. I like Jon as well but this is just dumb.

Also really dumb. He doesn't just easily beat Heavyweights with his wrestling.

DC is gonna rag doll jones... the fight will happen people dont worry, and all this will be settled

Remember that there have already been possibly great fights that failed to materialize.
Tyson vs Foreman, Pacquiao vs Mayweather to name just a few.
In this particular case I'm rooting for DC. My favourite fighter.

TS, you think that Bigfoot and Josh Barnett are one dimensional fighters?

They're about as one-dimensional as Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Sonnen, and Gustaffson.

Both Jon Jones and Cormier are extremely talented fighters. I don't know who's going to win, but I can't wait!

Jones is 100x way more skills than every HW fighters in the UFC.

The only person I see gve Jones probably is Cain because of his dirty boxing and wrestling and pace.

JDS? I see Jones picking JDS by strikes. I don't think JDS will take Jones down.
So by striking, Jones probably pick JDS apart because he's too slow for Jones. Jones would poke JDS and kick his knees over and over like Rampage and JDS won't even be able to land a hard hit on Jones.

Cain on the other hand will push Jones and clinch Jones to the cage and could take JOnes down, but remember, Jones ain't so slow, he's 100x more skills than every HW even mre skills than Cain.

So you imagine a 240 pounds Jones vs Cain, you know Cain will have big problem too.
Jones might even wreck and finish Cain by sub or TKO since Cain rarely have a chin.
Remember Kongo rock Cain badly every round and Cain have his wrestlingt o save him from Kongo.
On the other hand, Jones have the wrestling to deflect Cain wrestling too.

It's Cain pace and dirty boxing that will give Jones problem but since jOnes have a iron chin, hard for Cain to win by TKO/KO.
Cain might win by decision.

Stop imagining a 205 Jones vs Cain or JDS, even at 205, Jones still weight around 220 pounds during fight night.
Imagine a 240 Jones and 245 pounds Jones fight night, he would be a dangerous opponent for the HW division.

Look at Jones brothers and tell me. His younger bro look freaking huge, like 6'6" 270 to 280 pounds.

You didn't read my thread or you would have noted that I did list DC's advantages physically but why he isn't experienced enough to use them. You just looked at the title and felt you had an intelligent enough opinion to comment when you can't even be bothered to read a page worth of fan assessment. Shertard incarnate.

But you didn't. LOL. You fail to mention anything about Cormiers striking at all. You just went on with Jones. Cormier head movement and gap closing abilities will give Jones huge problems something you fail to mention. You just say Jones is a superior striking and good BJJ then leave it at that. With no assessment into their striking. By just saying Jones is a better striking without adding advantages and disadvantages to their striking. You fail to amass the disadvantages for each without going into detail. If you're going to drop an assessment topic at least put detail into it. :icon_chee:icon_chee

I ain't assessin' & I ain't a guessin'...I know DC will embarrass Jon Jones...Jones will have to poke both Dan's eyes out to win this one...

DC is 1,000x a better wrestler then jones, and as well all know wrestling is the best base for mma fighters. dc will take jones down as many times as he feels like

222_TJ_Dillashaw_vs_Renan_Barao.0_standard_783.0.jpg

Jones will light up Corms, it will be a striking matchup and Jones wins that all day.

DC taking that belt. he already wars with a better fighter than Jones on a weekly basis so take that mythical number 1 p4p stuff for what its worth, nothing.

Back