DC will lose against Jones

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Barbadosdaluta, May 30, 2014.

1. Barbadosdaluta

Barbadosdaluta Banned Banned

Jones and DC are both very good wrestlers. DC can definitely be said to be the better wrestler and I can agree with that. But Jones is the better overall fighter.

DC will have some huge weaknesses in his fight against Jones. Being a short stocky fighter myself, I know my weaknesses and I see them glaring in DC's game. That being; DC's grappling game (being submitted) and his stand up game. (Being outclassed)

DC has been doing mma just for a little bit, his technical level in mma generally isn't that high compared to others, he hasnt had enough time to develop in striking and submissions. He's been fighting and wrecking through one dimensional fighters using his extremely good one dimensional wrestling ability (naturally).

DC's Wrestling is his route to victory, BUT, how will he be able to apply his wrestling with a superior striker and bjj guy in Jones? Jones is an incredible clinch fighter, his knees will be much more effective on the much smaller fighter that DC is, Jones also has incredible elbows to infight with. It just so happens that when it comes to striking, DC being as little as he is compared to Jones, would only be able to attack Jones on the inside, a place he isn't skilled enough to fight Jones in. To me, that rules out Cormier winning by technical striking barring of course a Hail Mary knock out blow.

Another thing Jones has is choking submissions. Though it's easier to tap out a taller/lankier fighter with a limb submission (naturally) it's also easier to choke out a smaller fighter. Jones long arms and legs will make putting a triangle choke or a standing guillotine even easier than the one he did on Machida and almost had on Rampage when he pulled guard.

If Cormier had more time to develop (which he doesn't have much at his age) he'd be the perfect candidate to beat Jones. He already has a short stocky frame and superior Wrestling to dictate where the fight goes, but unfortunately he doesn't have the skills yet to win anywhere he takes the fight to.

I'm rooting for him obviously, but unless Cormier comes In with at least one fourth the boxing skills of Mike Tyson and the grappling/submission knowledge of an experienced submission fighter, he is going to lose a decision where he gets picked apart, or a submission loss to Jones.

2. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

While I agree with your assessment, it's not exactly worthy of making an entire new thread to say it.

3. Uncommon Valor

Uncommon Valor Super Fly

Yes, yes he will.

4. SlicerDM

SlicerDM Peace is a lie, there is only passion Double Yellow Card

DC getting picked a part, lmfao. Ok. DC will cut the gap like a hot knife through butter. Jones has to be careful using his kicks or he will be sent on his ass. Looking at the advantages of Jones but not DC, bias thread.

5. Barbadosdaluta

Barbadosdaluta Banned Banned

You didn't read my thread or you would have noted that I did list DC's advantages physically but why he isn't experienced enough to use them. You just looked at the title and felt you had an intelligent enough opinion to comment when you can't even be bothered to read a page worth of fan assessment. Shertard incarnate.

6. SpidermanISGOAT

SpidermanISGOAT Purple Belt

duh

anyone who with knowledge of mma can tell you this. Cormier is a great fighter but is majorly overhyped and for once the "overhype" term applies and it applies to cormier. His performance against Mir, Hendo, among several other lack luster past performances prove it, but if you listen to his hype he is a god who will destroy everyone despite not showing any sign that he can.

The only person at LHW who can beat Jones is Gustafsson or a chuck liddell type fighter (which doesn't exist). And NO Glover was not chuck liddell 2.0, Chuck tended to counter and bait people into to his range in which he'd counter, chuck fought way differently than glover. Glover was basically rampage jackson 2.0 a successful close fighter/brawler but with a ground game consisting of more ground skills.

Gustafsson brings a superior level of striking, range, awkward length, speed, athleticism and takedown defense all combined which Jones only encountered once (in their past fight).

And there is a very good chance that Gust will beat Jones in the rematch but if he fails to do so, I don't see Jones losing at LHW for a while and in that case he might as well move up to HW.

7. j18lee

j18lee Brown Belt

Yeah, I agree.

There typically isn't a point to making a thread about why an underdog with inferior physical attributes will lose to the P4P #1 undefeated (effectively) champion. Unless you have some special insight, which you don't.

It would be like me saying the Charlotte Bobcats will lose to the Miami Heat. Not exactly worthy of note.

8. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

I got jones here, i don't think Cormier has much for him

9. pclanadmin2

pclanadmin2 SFA3 Belt

i think dc would smash bones.

10. Snake Fist

Snake Fist Blue Belt

Dan Henderson ain't no Jon Jones, DC may well lose by decision against Jones, but I really do think DC got what it takes to make it highly competitive fight.

11. Bringin'TheHeat

Bringin'TheHeat Green Belt

Your assessment was extremely biased and quite frankly shows your lack of fighting knowledge and overall martial arts experience. There are so many points to attack ill just pick a couple. Your argument about DC 's lack of experience would be somewhat valid if you were comparing DC to Anderson Silva...but not Jon Jones. Jones has been doing MMA for roughly the same time with the main factor in this analysis being that Cormier was CAPTAIN of the US OLYMPIC WRESTLING team before Bones started training. This makes me wonder if you're trolling or not. When you say that Cormier defeated one dimensional fighters with his one dimension I have to ask you ...do you know what MMA is? Cormier used strikes, movement, and precise timing to set up his wrestling and then uses phenomenal pressure grappling to set up his strikes and submissions. That's the complete package in this sport my friend. Cormier took the 3 of the best grapplers in a weight class above his own (Bigfoot, Mir, Barnett) and manhandled all of them at their own game. Bones has already met his match in Gustafson and Cormier's best match is his friend and training partner Cain Valasquez (we all agree would smash Jones). Now I just feel like this is getting out of hand lol so ill stop. Book mark this...DC beats Jones!

12. Koro_11

Koro_11 Silver Belt

DC will ragdoll Jones and have his way with him like a cheap hooker, and I cant wait to see it.

13. LORDASVP

LORDASVP Green Belt

Jones will keep the distance and defend the takedown 7/10 times and when clinched will use his superior clinch/in-fighting game to beat up cormier. In the later rounds Jones superior cardio will show and he will use his unorthodox striking to finish the fight by TKO or set up a standing sub (see machida).

14. Porradossaurus

Porradossaurus Brown Belt

Jones vs DC:

[​IMG]

15. Factory

Factory Black Belt

I agree that DC will lose to Jones.

Jones is more proven. His wrestling and TDD are excellent. I don

16. Jesse James

Jesse James Chastity Belt

Right,,sure....this will happen right after JDS beats Cain, right? :rolleyes:

17. Bringin'TheHeat

Bringin'TheHeat Green Belt

All of you idiots thinking Jones will beat DC are going to make anybody who bets on DC a lot of money. I hope Vegas misses the boat on DC as much as you all have. When Jones fought Bonnar I immediately said he will be 205 champ. When Cormier won the tournament Grand Prix in Strikeforce I said this could be the greatest fighter of all time. So far I'm right and I'm telling you right now if they fight...outside of some crazy fluke injury...Or eyepoke...DC will beat Jones handily...it's amazing that he could and should be the UFC HW and LHW champ ...again Cormier will be the GOAT behind Fedor...watch.

18. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

I think Jones takes this by submission. I saw some big problems with DC's ground game against Hendo. He still makes a lot of technical mistakes.
    I bet Mir was very sorry for not pulling guard against DC, cause there's a decent chance he would get the submission.

19. judsonsmith

judsonsmith White Belt

I'm excited as hell for it; if and when it happens. I think DC will at the very least make it competitive. It's hard to say what DC can really do, he seems to play it kinda safe lately.

20. FEDORRULEZ

FEDORRULEZ Black Belt

dc might lose to jones but thats because jones is arguably the best fighter on this planet.
    besides may be cain and jds , jones would beat up any h/w aswell. cormier is an awesome fighter and clearly would beat up anyone besides jones. may be even jones... will see