DC vs Stiopic 2 needs to happen

Jon-Jones-1555839.jpg
method=get&s=jon-jones-10-05-11-12-53-10-270.JPG

You Miocic fans realize when Stipe did DC a favor by granting him a title shot (as a lot of Stipe fans put it; as if he has any pull or say) he was supposed to win the fight. DC flatlined him and now Stipe is saltier than Mark Hunt at the mention of Brock Lesnar.

Stipe Miocic was a legit hw champion, and has record of most title defenses..yeah dc ko stipe in rd 1... JDS did the same to cain, and you know what happened in the rematch, joe louis the most decorated HW boxer of all time by far, lost to Schmeling by tko and then he avenged his loss knocking out Schmeling in the first round.

DC is a bitch, stipe gave him the chance to fight for hw title without having fought any top Hw contender like blaydes or ngannou. He had the easy way, won and now he is ducking him
<PlusJuan><{JustBleed}>

DC didnt beat any contender at hw prior to stipe, those "superfights" are the easy way to get another title like conor did
DC competed at HW under the UFC and was undefeated. DC defended his LHW title against Gus, Rumble (2x) and Oezdemir. DC got the super fight because of that. McGregor never defended the FW title at all and he was gifted that title shot after going 1-1 after winning that title. Even before fighting Diaz, McGregor was gifted an immediate title shot against RDA at LW. Don't compare DC getting a title shot at HW to McGregor getting a title shot at LW. DC earned his title shot, McGregor didn't.

People will shit on Stipe but:

1. He has the longest UFC HW title defense streak,
2. Joanna and Cody got instant rematches,
3. He gave DC the shot at his belt and took all the risk in that fight,
4. Brock fighting for the title is a joke.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing DC-Stipe 2 or DC-Blaydes if Blaydes beats Ngannou.
Surely though you realize he accepted that fight risk and all because it was the best pay day he could have received. He could have fought someone like black beast or volkov instead for far less money, and PPV points, not to mention most casuals actually know who DC is. Brock fighting for a title in isolation would be a joke but it's basically a retirement gift fight for DC to line his pockets for being a loyal UFC guy, plus of course based on his past numbers any fight between the pair will likely do solid PPV numbers. Can't hate on DC wanting one last big money fight. I'd personally prefer it was against Jones at HW but DC deserves it either way. Based on DC's stated retirement timeline Miocic will be in line for a ts in about May next year anyway because HW ranks are that thin. Just has to play the waiting game. Winner of Blaydes/Ngannou versus Stipe for the shot in May is likely what will eventuate. I mean there are no other HWs really making much noise at the moment. Any luck my boy bam bam tuivasa destroys JDS and starts making some waves in the upper echelons.

Sure he has the longest title reign but wasn't that HW streak 3 fights? That seemingly says more about the volatility of HW ranks than Stipe's abilities. Agree with you on Cody though, that rematch looked even worse in hindsight when he got hit by the same combination multiples times prior to being knocked out . Joanna's was certainly more palatable as a rematch considering her name value coupled with the fact she was a dominant undefeated champ prior to her loss. Stipe despite his accomplishments really didn't do much in the way of promotion, whereas Joanna certainly did.

You could make a credible argument he deserves a re-match but it's the UFC bro and realistically;
giphy.gif

See Cody Garbrandt vs TJ Dillashaw 1 & Joanna J vs Rose N 1
I seen both. Garbrandt vs Dillashaw was the company trying to get money out of this rivalry plus, who else were they gonna give the title shot to?

As for JJ vs Namajuanas 2, I felt that Andrade should have gotten a title shot but since JJ was the champion for a while, I guess they gave it to her.

I don't agree with those title shots neither.

And don't forget, prior to coming to the UFC DC won the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix, which included most of the best HW's in the world.

Besides all of DC's accomplishments at LHW, he was what 13-0 @ HW prior to the Stipe fight. Even ignoring the fact it was a "superfight" and Stipe WANTED the payday of fighting DC, there literally was no more deserving challenger than DC. And before the fight everyone knew that Lesnar was going to fight the winner (i.e. if Stipe had won DC wouldn't have gotten an immediate rematch either).
Exactly.

Just because like 10 other champions got instant rematches after being finished doesn't mean Stipe deserves one!

~ Sherdog

If Aldo didnt get one no one deserves it.

6 years champ. 10 years undefeated.

KO'd in 13 sec and no instant rematch. SMFH.

Surely though you realize he accepted that fight risk and all because it was the best pay day he could have received. He could have fought someone like black beast or volkov instead for far less money, and PPV points, not to mention most casuals actually know who DC is. Brock fighting for a title in isolation would be a joke but it's basically a retirement gift fight for DC to line his pockets for being a loyal UFC guy, plus of course based on his past numbers any fight between the pair will likely do solid PPV numbers. Can't hate on DC wanting one last big money fight. I'd personally prefer it was against Jones at HW but DC deserves it either way. Based on DC's stated retirement timeline Miocic will be in line for a ts in about May next year anyway because HW ranks are that thin. Just has to play the waiting game. Winner of Blaydes/Ngannou versus Stipe for the shot in May is likely what will eventuate. I mean there are no other HWs really making much noise at the moment. Any luck my boy bam bam tuivasa destroys JDS and starts making some waves in the upper echelons.

Sure he has the longest title reign but wasn't that HW streak 3 fights? That seemingly says more about the volatility of HW ranks than Stipe's abilities. Agree with you on Cody though, that rematch looked even worse in hindsight when he got hit by the same combination multiples times prior to being knocked out . Joanna's was certainly more palatable as a rematch considering her name value coupled with the fact she was a dominant undefeated champ prior to her loss. Stipe despite his accomplishments really didn't do much in the way of promotion, whereas Joanna certainly did.

You could make a credible argument he deserves a re-match but it's the UFC bro and realistically;
giphy.gif

I never said Stipe deserves the shot.

I agree they will do what generates the most interest. The point of the post was mainly to give reasons why Stipe feels the way he does and why an immediate rematch isn't completely out of the question based on precedent. Ideally for me it would be DC-Blaydes if Blaydes beats Ngannou but I wouldn't be upset with DC-Stipe 2. If people think DC deserves a payday then that's good but having that be Brock is a joke imho, but not surprising.

Sherdoggers love to kick former champs when they're down.

3 reasons a Stipe rematch makes sense:
  1. Stipe had the greatest HW championship streak of all time.
  2. There are no HW contenders.
  3. Eye pokes.

Miocic fan detected.

I'm a fan of Miocic too but you don't get an immediate title shot after you just been KOed. Maybe fight the winner of Blaydes/Ngannou or fight Lewis, then you'll get your title shot.

DC a bitch, how?
Yea, Brock fuckin Lesner deserves a title shot much more that Stipe. The UFC is turning into Pro Wrestling.

Yea, Brock fuckin Lesner deserves a title shot much more that Stipe. The UFC is turning into Pro Wrestling.
I don't think Lesnar deserves shit. I would Miocic a title shot before I give Lesnar. And yes, the UFC has become WWE. It's a shame.

dc ko stipe in rd 1... JDS did the same to cain, and you know what happened in the rematch

Except Cain loss due to poor gameplan and didn't use his wrestling and pressure where he instead stood with JDS .... DC was able to take Stipes punches with relative ease not to mention DC was marking Stipes face up pretty good before knocking him out

Stipe loses 10 out of 10 times.

No. I'm fucking tired of immediate rematches. If Aldo of all people didn't get one, then fuck the rest.

The reception to the first fight was underwhelming, even though the fight itself was fun, so there’s clearly no “need” for a rematch.
Now if you’re saying that from the perspective that Stipe deserves one, that can be argued, but he’s alienating the few fans he has by trying to get the rematch by yapping about how he deserves one. He should get back to the immigrant mentality that got him here and go back and work hard

Back