DC says Gus has "no chance" against Jones

The weird thing about DC is that he doesn't like Jones as a person but he is a HUGE fan of Jon as a fighter. Seriously, after all his fight DC is usually gushing on twitter about how awesome Jones is.

First Jones wants no part of Gustafsson, now Gustafsson stands no chance against him (in the rematch).

He did say he wants to be "THE ONE" to beat JBJ. He's obviously rooting for him so he can be the hero of the day. :icon_chee Gus should not be underestimated he might have that Dillashaw in him.

Well DC will lose a million sherdog fans with talk like that. No one is allowed to say something positive about Jones here.

The rest of the quote should probably be shown, but whatever. I think Gus has a great chance, personally.

I want Gus to beat Jones, BUT I think Cormier is right. I wouldn't say no chance, but I think the first fight was his opportunity. I think the one positive for Gustaffson is that I think Jones might fear the rematch. Jones team are delaying the fight, presumably to keep improving his stand-up.

I'm guessing they see that as the biggest risk & feel 'time' will benefit Jones more so than Gustaffson. I don't think DC beats Jones either TBH.

Cormier's right. Fight just happened, no reason for a rematch to be any different

I think the opposite. I think Jones barely won the first fight and is the slightly better fighter overall, but I think Gus is in his head, and Gus has all the confidence in the world, I think he takes the rematch.

The weird thing about DC is that he doesn't like Jones as a person but he is a HUGE fan of Jon as a fighter. Seriously, after all his fight DC is usually gushing on twitter about how awesome Jones is.

He was on MMA Junkie radio last Friday and was amazingly complementary, the most I have heard any UFC fighter praise another fighter (fighters in the UFC and Pride of course gushed about Fedor). Additionally, DC sounded less confident in his own ability to beat Jones than I would have expected. DC is usually uncommonly sincere, for a fighter, but he was remarkably candid in that interview. All bravado was gone.

I agree, I think DC admires Jones as a fighter, but doesn't like him as a person, which is pretty much how the bulk of MMA fans feel about Jones.

That's not weird.

That's just being a true martial artist - valuing and evaluating and respecting skills for what it is.

I'm sure a lot of good fighters have the same sort of mindset even though they don't say it. Otherwise you simply just can't learn to be better in your own game.

That's not weird.

That's just being a true martial artist - valuing and evaluating and respecting skills for what it is.

I'm sure a lot of good fighters have the same sort of mindset even though they don't say it. Otherwise you simply just can't learn to be better in your own game.

Couldn't agree more.

50410425.jpg

Back