DC says Gus has "no chance" against Jones

The weird thing about DC is that he doesn't like Jones as a person but he is a HUGE fan of Jon as a fighter. Seriously, after all his fight DC is usually gushing on twitter about how awesome Jones is.

It's not weird he's hyping up a guy he will fight soon. If he loses, he'll just be covered considering how good Jones is. If he wins, it makes DC look even greater than Jones, thereby deserving more money and sponsors. Purely tactical move by Mr Cormz

Also, he needs to preserve his wad if he plans on putting on a beanpole slamfest against either Gus or JoJo

I just cant wait for cormier to have all his dream destroy by gus and jones.

yea, this time gus leaves on a stretcher, prob machida corpse style. i hate jon, but no way he lets gus get that close again. that fuckin guy is just too good

Translated: - He means he hopes Gus loses so he has the chance to be the first to beat him.

Because DC wants to get his hands on JBJ. That's all it is.

Considering he arguably beat him in the first fight, "no chance" ? really?

I wouldn't say no chance but I have to agree with him. I think Jones is such a supreme talent he will have progressed more than Gus since their last fight. I would feel confident betting in Jones. Jones/DC is more intriguing to me

It's not weird he's hyping up a guy he will fight soon. If he loses, he'll just be covered considering how good Jones is. If he wins, it makes DC look even greater than Jones, thereby deserving more money and sponsors. Purely tactical move by Mr Cormz

Also, he needs to preserve his wad if he plans on putting on a beanpole slamfest against either Gus or JoJo

He's been doing it well before he was even in the weight class. I first noticed it after Jon beat Vitor. Cormier was still at HW then(and I think still in Strikeforce). Even before Anderson lost he thought Jon was #1 P4P.

I think Gus has a better chance than DC. I also would like to see both/either beat Jones.

I think its pretty ridiculous considering how well Gus did; no chance?

I'm sure Jones would be the favorite in the rematch again. But its not like their first fight was Jones vs Shogun or vs, Machida by any stretch.

http://www.bjpenn.com/cormier-gustafsson-has-no-chance-against-jones-in-rematch/

That said DC is saying some odd, contradicting things of late. Perhaps any press is good press.

No chance?!?

MIZUcryie.gif

I don't get DC. First he wants to fight Jones calling him out after his last fight and say how he deserves a title fight then when Jones say he wants to fight DC, DC goes ahead and say Gus really deserves the title fight and Jones is running away because Gus took him to deep waters and he does want to go back again. Now DC says Gus has no chance, what is DC want ??????

gus has a better chance soley because of his reach

Jones will beat Gus easier the 2nd time around. It's obvious to anyone that has actually watched the fight without bias. Jones clearly underestimated Gus but the 2nd time around I expect to see much more control over the octagon by Jones and I can see him wearing Gus down by round 4 and subbing him.

DC going a lil bit over the edge here...

Back