Media DC rips Paulo Costa for his wine excuse

16ab18a889bb4a62f67b3a78f30da393.gif
"Paulo"

Daniel Cormier is laughing at Paulo Costa for wine-ing about ‘Stylebender’ loss — ‘He’s out of his mind’

“It’s a joke, it’s an absolute joke,” UFC color commentator Daniel Cormier said on his ESPN show with Ariel Helwani. “He’s out of his mind. This dude Paulo Costa is gonna kill me when he sees me. He legitimately says some of the dumbest stuff I’ve ever heard in my entire life. I don’t know who is advising this young man. This is the stuff you say after, ‘Oh man I got drunk,’ because you didn’t have time to think of an excuse. It took you six months to come up with ‘you got drunk, you drank too much wine’ ... who told him to put that out there?”

It’s a super stupid excuse but I still think people are writing off Palo too early.

He was undefeated going into the TS and got out struck by the best striker in the division by far.
He showed huge holes in his game against Uriah. He did well against Romero because Romero played into his game by being stationary and stuck against the fence. The guy is just a bodybuilder who tries to break you down because he's bigger than you

He showed huge holes in his game against Uriah. He did well against Romero because Romero played into his game by being stationary and stuck against the fence. The guy is just a bodybuilder who tries to break you down because he's bigger than you
Totally agree. Not saying he’s a world beater, just saying its his only loss and it was to the champ. Just a little early for all that.

this sounds like some motivated Penn stuff here
TBF, the motivated Penn stuff was a creation of the internet. He never really made excuses when he lost, except in the case of greasegate.
A better comparison would be Tito and his excuses after literally every loss of his entire career.

It’s a super stupid excuse but I still think people are writing off Palo too early.

He was undefeated going into the TS and got out struck by the best striker in the division by far.

People caught on to the fact that he'd fought extremely limited competition going into the Adesanya fight.

The only two ranked guys were Romero and Hall. He arguably lost to Romero, and Hall gave him a ton of trouble early in the fight.

The first time that his opponent didn't willingly concede to backing up, he looked lost.

IMO He losses cleanly to Whittaker and would have an extremely hard time with Till and Vettori.

Last edited:
Yeah it's dumb but to be fair I'd be a mental reck too if someone sexually violated me after beating my ass in front of hundreds of thousands of people haha . I know it's prize fighting so like who cares but bruh Izzy's gotta chill a little that was too much <Lmaoo>

Maybe, but he was also pretty overrated going into the Adesanya fight...

Hall was getting the better of the striking prior to the stoppage, and his fight with Romero was very close (though I do think he deserves the nod)...

giphy.gif

QuestionableOilyAsiaticmouflon-size_restricted.gif

romero-costa.gif

Of course, there’s wrong with either of those things, since Hall is a great striker and even Adesanya had a close bout with Romero, but I just couldn’t believe how many people were saying that Costa would beat Adesanya with his striking. I’m almost positive the majority of them were trolling.

Yeah it's dumb but to be fair I'd be a mental reck too if someone sexually violated me after beating my ass in front of hundreds of thousands of people haha . I know it's prize fighting so like who cares but bruh Izzy's gotta chill a little that was too much <Lmaoo>

I thought it was a bit much too...as an Izzy fan...but shit if Paulo didn't fuck with him relentlessly prior.

They both had a full hand in that mess lol...

So are we adding Sober Borrachina to the list of mythical fighters or what?
Funny thing is, I thought "Borrachinha" (his nickname in Portuguese) was a riff on "Borracho" (which means "drunk" in Spanish); apparently "Borrachinha" actually means "rubber man" or "little rubber", which is even funnier: "Sober Drunkard Little Rubber future MW GOAT"

Drunk on delusion, maybe. Once he saw how big "skinny" Adesanya was up close, and felt one of those kicks, he seemed to freeze.

Do they test blood alcohol and sedative medications on fight day?

Back