Media DC rips Paulo Costa for his wine excuse

People caught on to the fact that he'd fought extremely limited competition going into the Adesanya fight.

The only two ranked guys were Romero and Hall. He arguably lost to Romero, and Hall gave him a ton of trouble early in the fight.

The first time that his opponent didn't willingly concede to backing up, he looked lost.

IMO He losses cleanly to Whittaker and would have an extremely hard time with Till and Vettori.

^^
This

He is a good fighter, but his wins in UFC are:
- 2 guys, both 1-4 in UFC, both released
- old Hendricks at MW, who looked much smaller than Costa, who was also 1-4 before Costa
- Hall, who is a quality opponent, he has been with UFC for a long time, and who gave him trouble
- Yoel, very close fight

Whit is a better fighter and should beat him

If actually was drunk or hungover he is an idiot for doing that before the biggest moment in his professional life and he's an even bigger idiot for putting something like that out publicly. If I were his manager I'd be furious.

These guys shouldn't even be commenting on it other than just publicly laughing at him

Anything else is unnecessary attention

This is like what DC second rip on the same fighter when he should be an unbiased commentator?

WTF? USADA? Drunk and hangover, thats the moment when everybody get their ass kicked. Costa was 100% sober

16ab18a889bb4a62f67b3a78f30da393.gif
"Paulo"

Daniel Cormier is laughing at Paulo Costa for wine-ing about ‘Stylebender’ loss — ‘He’s out of his mind’

“It’s a joke, it’s an absolute joke,” UFC color commentator Daniel Cormier said on his ESPN show with Ariel Helwani. “He’s out of his mind. This dude Paulo Costa is gonna kill me when he sees me. He legitimately says some of the dumbest stuff I’ve ever heard in my entire life. I don’t know who is advising this young man. This is the stuff you say after, ‘Oh man I got drunk,’ because you didn’t have time to think of an excuse. It took you six months to come up with ‘you got drunk, you drank too much wine’ ... who told him to put that out there?”

{<jordan}

Paulo's only legitimate excuse is this:

Israel Adesanya is a better fighter than me and beat my ass.

Allow me to correct this. "and screwed my ass". There, fixed.

You shouldn’t drink while pregnant Paulo.

16ab18a889bb4a62f67b3a78f30da393.gif
"Paulo"

Daniel Cormier is laughing at Paulo Costa for wine-ing about ‘Stylebender’ loss — ‘He’s out of his mind’

“It’s a joke, it’s an absolute joke,” UFC color commentator Daniel Cormier said on his ESPN show with Ariel Helwani. “He’s out of his mind. This dude Paulo Costa is gonna kill me when he sees me. He legitimately says some of the dumbest stuff I’ve ever heard in my entire life. I don’t know who is advising this young man. This is the stuff you say after, ‘Oh man I got drunk,’ because you didn’t have time to think of an excuse. It took you six months to come up with ‘you got drunk, you drank too much wine’ ... who told him to put that out there?”

If Robert Whittaker beats the absolute shit out of Costa, he'll be laughed out of the UFC.

Dude better put up a good fight at the very least.

Robs excuse was far far better. Rob was rubber banding the whole fight because Australia’s internet is terrible and lacks good peer-to-peer capabilities.

No excuses but whines every chance, innuendos, etc.
He's a company shill making a brand.
Pfft

Funny thing is, I thought "Borrachinha" (his nickname in Portuguese) was a riff on "Borracho" (which means "drunk" in Spanish); apparently "Borrachinha" actually means "rubber man" or "little rubber", which is even funnier: "Sober Drunkard Little Rubber future MW GOAT"
I thought Borrachinha was his last name because he went by Paulo Borrachinha in some of his earlier fights.

Back