Unless I'm mistaken...
Rumble for Vacant - 1
Gus D - 2
Rumble 2 D - 3
Jones 2 NC so retained? - 4
Volkan D - 5
Stipe HW - 6
Lewis HW D - 7 and 8, Dana draped two belts over his shoulders

Alternatively, he didn't get a new belt from the Jones NC, and they just gave him two belts when he beat Stipe for becoming a two-div champ and two more when he defended vs Lewis as the two-div champ against Lewis.

One of the most underrated and underappreciated mixed martial artists of our time.

DC is an all-time great, unfortunately he couldn’t win the one belt that mattered the most though.

CF8D19A4-D37B-4313-80EF-30BBACF1823A.jpeg
<JonesLaugh>

Unless I'm mistaken...
Rumble for Vacant - 1
Gus D - 2
Rumble 2 D - 3
Volkan D - 5
Stipe HW - 6

Alternatively, he didn't get a new belt from the Jones NC, and they just gave him two belts when he beat Stipe for becoming a two-div champ and two more when he defended vs Lewis as the two-div champ against Lewis.

UFC giving out belts left and right these days, meanwhile DJ had to hunt down his 10 belts.

2 of them are Jon Jones belts that were handed to him.

ufc-200-jones-out-mixed-martial-arts-390x285.jpg

One of the most underrated and underappreciated mixed martial artists of our time.
He's a consensus top5 all-time at this point...... what is underrated about him, exactly?

2 of them are Jon Jones belts that were handed to him.

ufc-200-jones-out-mixed-martial-arts-390x285.jpg

That would be one vacant belt handed to him after Jon kicked him in the head, the first vacant title was up for grabs against rumble, and the 2nd time Jon was stripped he was the Interim champ.

DC is a real legend of the sport, and history will remember him as superior to Jon Jones.

Let's not forget that DC avoided his natural division (heavyweight) so he wouldn't have to fight his friend, Cain Velasquez. DC arguably could have won the UFC HW belt much earlier were it not for Cain, and he could have defended it 5-10 times. Who knows how good DC's title defense run could have been at heavyweight.

Also DC started his MMA career extremely late. How good could DC have been if he'd started his MMA career at 25?

Jones, in contrast, has failed 2 PED tests under USADA, and essentially forced the UFC to adopt a deplorable rule that PED violations won't even be reported anymore. Jon Jones will be remember as nothing more than a steroid cheat.

Unless I'm mistaken...
Rumble for Vacant - 1
Gus D - 2
Rumble 2 D - 3
Volkan D - 5
Stipe HW - 6

This is the case as far as I can tell.

Back