DC offers to fight Gus for interim title.

kashmir

#1 bullshit belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"I know this will probably be unpopular, but if [Jones] won't sign, whether it be for money or a lack of wanting to fight the kid, I'll fight Alexander Gustafsson. But it should be for the interim title. If they're putting a belt on the line, I don't care what date it is. It was never about Jones, I just want the title. Besides, it'll work out better for [Jones]; he won't have to fight both of us."

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/arti...lls-should-be-for-interim-title-exclusive.htm

Man....do really wants in there. I doubt that will happen.....worse case scenario Jones will wait a bit to get the right deal and the fight will take place a bit later

I really want the Gus/Jones rematch, but at the same time, I don't want to wait a year to watch Cormier in a title fight.

LOL, Gustafsson/Cormier would certainly need to be for an interim title since Jones his not fought in a month.

Jones should be stripped of the title if he doesn't sign the contract. The UFC can't allow champions to decide who "deserves" a shot at the title and who doesn't.

Yeah, toe hold, but Jones has only fought 2 lhw's in the past two years.

I am really liking DC. I think he will be a good champ

Lol nice. I like how Cormier is gunning for the top guys with no fuckin around. More guys should hungrily chase the title like this.

Personally I think they should make Jones vs DC and Gus vs Rashad. The UFC rushes way too quickly with re matches.

no thanks. An interim title when the champ is ducking doesn't make sense.

If Jones is playing hardball I'm all for this. The less Cormier sits around the better.

Personally I think they should make Jones vs DC and Gus vs Rashad. The UFC rushes way too quickly with re matches.

This sounds like a great scenario to me, I want to see the rematch but let it build more and more. But they probably want the buys of the rematch as soon as possible.

I don't like that fight. It basically eliminates 1 of the 2 best guys to challenge Jones for the title. DC should fight Glover.

"Unpopular?"

Hell no, I'll gladly sign that proposal.

War DC and War Gus.

Interim titles are created when the champ has been out of action for a very long time. Jones fought a month ago.

I love Cormier, but it's a stupid thing to say.

No way the UFC does that, Jones vs Gus and Jones vs DC are 2 of the biggest fights they can make right now. They will do everything possible to make sure both fights happen.

I think Dana made a huge mistake when he started claiming that Jones "clearly won that fight"...

That was the wrong angle, Dana you goof - should have went with: "Gustafsson beat the shit out of Jones - he was bleeding from every orifice of his body after the fight! Gee, I don't even know if Bones has the BALLS to face Gus again"

Interim titles are stupid, especially since there's no reason to think that Jones will be out for an extended period of time.

I don't like Gus vs DC at this point. Gus should rematch Jones first. If Gus wins, the fight with DC will happen, assuming Cormier doesn't lose his next fight. If Jones wins and DC doesn't lose a fight, we get Jones vs DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back