DC offers to fight Gus for interim title.

Oh! I like this call-out, whether it comes to fruition or not. It's an exciting move to call out the top contender.

I like it, putting some pressure on Jones.

outside of an injury, it is inapropriate for a champ to decide who he will fight and when.

never heard of this kinda stuf other than with jones.

Jones should be stripped of the title if he doesn't sign the contract. The UFC can't allow champions to decide who "deserves" a shot at the title and who doesn't.

Lol. Lots of champions throughout history should have been stripped of their titles then. What a funny lineage that would make for. No thanks, I want my champs to be the guys that beat everybody else.

Jones should be stripped of the title if he doesn't sign the contract. The UFC can't allow champions to decide who "deserves" a shot at the title and who doesn't.

It's not about "deserve" it's about $$. The ufc was really slimy when they announced a fight that they hadn't actually made. It's perfectly normal to expect it to take a couple weeks to negotiate the financial terms of a fight like this--I'm not sure why the UFC feels it's a good idea to smear their most dominate champ.

Think of it this way, every fighter is just one injury away from retirement. This may be the fight with the biggest $$ potential of Jones entire career, for him to sign without getting a huge chunk of the PPV and other normal championship perks like a rematch clause etc. would be stupid.

Jones should fight Cormeir, then if he wins the two should fight to see who gets a rematch.
Makes more sense in my humble opinion.

Stripped because he's trying to negotiate a better contract? Jesus. I hope you're at least consistent and have never stood up for fighters regarding their pay or shitty contracts.

Jones fought in April. Even mentioning something like creating an interim belt is absurd and born of nothing but Jones hatred/Gustafsson fanboyism.

Interim? Strip Jones of the title and let Gus and DC fight for it.

While Jones is crying on social media, Cormier is begging to fight the top guys.

Jones might be the champ, but Cormier is acting like a champ.

Even mentioning something like creating an interim belt is absurd and born of nothing but Jones hatred/Gustafsson fanboyism.

To be fair, it was Cormier's idea. Let the fans have a bit of fun with it.

it would perhaps be a good thing to force jones to sign... perhaps someone else being billed as the undefeated LHW (interim) champ might smart his pride a bit? if he really looks no closer to signing his contract then why not

DC should shut his mouth and fight who they put in front of him.

Strip the ducker of the belt immediately. It's been ages since his last defense and it was against a barista.

DC seems to be a cool dude. But only seems to.

How kind of him...

Let's make Jones fight Gus instead

I like Cormier's spunk but suspect there is more behind this call out than just simple want of a fight. I don't think this will sway JBJ one way other than make him dig his heels in a little deeper.

Does no one else watch any other sports? High-level athletes negotiate their contract all the time. Some sit out parts of a the season to do so, others go into arbitration.

Jones has leverage, fulfilled his old contract and now wants to set himself up for a long while.

The same people who support Nate Diaz for holding out for more money (while still remaining under a contract) are hating Jones because he's doing it the right way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back