DC offers to fight Gus for interim title.

COrmier really deserves a shot.... he has beaten a waiter and a old midleweight in Hendo... THis guy is overrated. He should face Gus for a shot at the title. Put him against Johnson, or give him Davis or at least teixeira.

I feel like the only reason DC says this is he knows it wont happen. Im a BIG Alex fan but if its about money Jones should take his time and get what he deserves.

Jones should be stripped of the title if he doesn't sign the contract. The UFC can't allow champions to decide who "deserves" a shot at the title and who doesn't.

It is the UFC's job to keep fighters under contract, not the fighter's responsibility.

Makes zero sense to strip or create interim belt when Bones fought a month ago.
Now as to the question of whether the top 2 contenders should actually have to fight each other for the next shot, well that makes complete sense to me.

Cormier is towards the end of his athletic prime and he knows it. Credit to him for trying to make moves.

I like that fight, they both will get their shot anyway since there is no one else worthy in LHW. Rumble? Davis? come on... Jones, Gus, Cormier, Glover and thats it..

COrmier really deserves a shot.... he has beaten a waiter and a old midleweight in Hendo... THis guy is overrated. He should face Gus for a shot at the title. Put him against Johnson, or give him Davis or at least teixeira.

Yeah, it's not like he is the Strikeforce GP winner, beaten multiple top 10 HWs and was a top 3 HW himself and just destroyed Hendo from bell to bell like no one ever has.

Jones should be stripped of the title if he doesn't sign the contract. The UFC can't allow champions to decide who "deserves" a shot at the title and who doesn't.

Winner winner!

Make him fight or take the belt.

DC- Gus would be nice, but is Jones doing some trick to get a better payday, whats the holdup

Back