DC needs to do what Lawler did

DC doesn't have boxing like Lawler or Mendes. Cain showed great improvement with his boxing after the JDS fight. Hopefully DC follows suit but everyone was expecting that his wrestling was going to be the factor in this game.

Actually I was impressed that Lawler mitigated Hendrick's power. Lawler used his arm and elbow to block most of Hendrick's looping power punches. It was subtle and Hednricks never adjusted.

Mendes on the other hand had the threat of takedowns to cancel out Aldo's kicking game forcing him to stand and trade. Aldo threw a few kicks in that fight. When Aldo threw that one kick that Mendes caught on the body and then took Aldo down which forced a frantic sprawling session, it stopped Aldo from kicking for awhile. Mendes was doing all right and took the fight to Aldo but let's not forget that he was getting tagged consistently when Aldo was slipping and countering.

I think DC got better boxing than Mendes. Mendes got fast and powerful hands for his weight class tro. Cain always had good hands. Dont know why everybody said he was a shit striker when junior koed him. But yeah he improved

I believe DC can do it, IF he does not let the loss get to him and work on what went well for him and double up on what his weakness was against Jones. The only thing that makes me lean towards no is, Jones height/reach and being able to utilize it so well. Stefan Struve could learn some things from em for sure.

I believe DC can do it, IF he does not let the loss get to him and work on what went well for him and double up on what his weakness was against Jones. The only thing that makes me lean towards no is, Jones height/reach and being able to utilize it so well. Stefan Struve could learn some things from em for sure.

I think Struve is done yo. He just had very bad luck fighting so many beasts at such a young age

I think Struve is done yo. He just had very bad luck fighting so many beasts at such a young age

Yeah, such a shame as well. I was hoping for so much from him when I first saw him in the UFC but... I think he is done. What he should honestly do is take 2 years off to just train.

And if you ask me Lawler > DC

dc_zps2f4ca374.gif

Oh and he needs to be more intense bro. Anybody else feels he is way too nice? Hesitated to touch gloves and shiet, but ended up doing it anyways

Back