DC needs to do what Lawler did

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Swallow that pride, rewatch the fight, get your ass back in the gym, improve that cardio and beat up contenders. I believe he can beat Jones. There are just small adjustments that need to be made.

Look at chad mendes. Who thought he could go to war with Aldo a few years later?

I dont think this is over. Both Cain and Rockhold lost in brutal fashion and came back better than ever. I suspect we will see the same thing from DC. I say give him the winner of Davis/Bader or the loser of Gus/Johnson.

Jones is the winner for now

Last edited:
DC let a lot of people down in that fight, especially with his wrestling.

Maybe he will, but I don't know how many years he has left in him. I know he's not older than Lawler [EDIT: he IS older], but he has knee problems and had a long wrestling career.

Last edited:
Maybe he will, but I don't know how many years he has left in him. I know he's not older than Lawler, but he has knee problems and had a long wrestling career.

He is older than lawler.

Unless you mean in the fight game.

Maybe he will, but I don't know how many years he has left in him. I know he's not older than Lawler, but he has knee problems and had a long wrestling career.

I'd think he has at least 5 more good years in him to be honest, dude hasn't taken much in the way of damage. Randy was 34 when he started competing in MMA, took a shit-ton of damage, and still fought until he was 48. Obviously Randy was a freak of nature, but DC is only 35...and is a bit of an athletic freak himself. It wouldn't shock me if he fought into his 40's, and was at the top of the division(s) throughout.

My bad, I thought he was older than he actually is. That only makes my point stronger.

It's Ok. Just swallow your pride, rewatch your post, and get your ass back to posting.

It'll be interesting to see if he does as the TS suggest. Hopefully, he has the will and the spirit to get after it, improve, win some fights and then get another shot. It's up to him to make it happen.

My bad, I thought he was older than he actually is. That only makes my point stronger.

Lawler has just been around the block and back for a while. Feels like he is older.

It's Ok. Just swallow your pride, rewatch your post, and get your ass back to posting.

I don't know if I can do it, man. I postponed my carpal tunnel surgery to write this post. Now I'll be out of typing for a while, and I'm not sure I'll be the same when I come back.

He has another title run in him.

Physically he ain't getting any better, although he could improve his gas tank. I believe he can improve his skills however.

His cardio has to get better imo, he was doing very well until the 4th and 5th rounds where he gassed.

Only problem is, that guy on the other side of the cage is not Johny Hendricks. He is the p4p number 1 mma fighter on the planet and the 205 king and 205 GOAT.

I don't know if I can do it, man. I postponed my carpal tunnel surgery to write this post. Now I'll be out of typing for a while, and I'm not sure I'll be the same when I come back.

A real champion would press right on through that shit. Think of your legacy!

He can do it man if he comes back confident and think about the positives of the fight. DC didn't look to shabby in the first 3 rounds, it was his first real 5 round fight, first title fight, didn't have Cain as a training partner. Not trying to say there is a big book o excuses but he can come back strong.

Agree though was shocked as hell that he couldn't get Jones down. JJ is a beast man.

guy needs to lay off the popeyes. if he wants that belt as bad as he says he does, bloody well cut back on the shit food and fuel your body properly. you can;'t be taken seriously when you can't stay in reasonable shape out of competition.

Back