DC must be in the most humiliating situation right now.

full.jpg

I am not saying he won't fight again but he will not fight Jones again.. Jon humiliated him tonight by outwrestling him and that has to weigh heavily on his mind. You could see in the 4th round Jones was determined to take him down and DC IMO was broke after that..

Jones didn't humiliate of break anyone....he won a fight that was competitive and that's pretty much it. Lets not make this win for Jon more then it is.....a good hard fought win in a competitive fight over a very tough opponent. He won the standup....and proved he cant be taken down at will and got his own takedowns.

Jon got him down in round 4.........DC came back and took him down in round 5. No one was broken in this fight....both guys were tired, was a grueling fight....lets cut the BS about anyone being broken or humiliated.

I'm crying over this vcash I lost on DC

He hyped up the fight .He wears his heart on his sleeve and is the type of guy who goes all out .He just happened to fight a guy who refuses to break or give up .Jon got hit a lot and was hurt a few times .

DC may not be the champ but his legacy as a fighter and athlete is one worthy of any legend in the sport .For a guy who has endured so many setbacks and a lifetime of anguish to take up a sport late in life and be one of the best .Swallow his pride time after time to let his younger teammate who he coaches succeed is humbling

I'm aware of what you're saying, and respect what you said. But I see them fighting down the line. Let's not act like DC has tons of fight milage on him. He's not Shogun levels of deterioration.

It would take a huge win streak. He showed that he really didn't have much since he couldn't take him down. He's in a pretty bad no man's land-- Training partner is the champ a division above you and you just lost decisively to the champ at your current weight. It's going to take time before he gets another crack (assuming Jones is still champ)

I don't think in his wildest nightmares would he have envisioned Jones taking him down over and over again. Why are we surprised though? The planted Chael Sonnen on his ass and back at will.

DC did the best he could given he was fighting against a 12' reach advantage. Frickin 12' ffs. Jones has proved he is the LOAT. He needs to fight AS and then go to heavyweight before ever proving he is the GOAT. Just looking at the size difference tonight was sickening..

But he beat heavyweights! He threw Barnett! He knocked out Big Foot who has an 82 inch reach!

With that said I feel bad for DC. He seems like a good dude.

He fought a hard fight.

Back