DC must be in the most humiliating situation right now.

They will never fight again.. Jones broke him mentally and he is 36..

Yup, Cormier is done with any meaningful run. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his next fight too, just like Glover.

DC did the best he could given he was fighting against a 12' reach advantage. Frickin 12' ffs. Jones has proved he is the LOAT. He needs to fight AS and then go to heavyweight before ever proving he is the GOAT. Just looking at the size difference tonight was sickening..

Not Vitor. He actually had Jon in some deep trouble with that arm bar. Cormier never once had Jon in any real danger.

What did Vitor do aside from that 45 second glimpse of an upset? He was virtually a heavy bag for Jon for 3 rounds, eventually getting finished.

DC put up more of a fight.

Yup, Cormier is done with any meaningful run. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his next fight too, just like Glover.

Its over for him.. Everything was on the line in this fight and his whole life was about this moment.. Jones beat him and he needs to live with it..

There is no way to deny it Bones really embarrassed DC tonight, he dominated him at wrestling (DC's claim to fame lol)

They will never fight again.. Jones broke him mentally and he is 36..

The man's competed after the death of his infant daughter, lost in the NCAA finals, and his body failing him at the olympics.

Broke? Naw. As nearly picture perfect as Jon adapted to every situation, you can't use the words "mentally broken" and Cormier in the same sentence.

That said, jesus, Jon adapted fucking beautifully to nearly every scenario.

His gas tank failed him, and he broke down mentaly when he couldn't bring Jones down.
The effort he put in the last round to pick up Jones was a kind of exorcism! His pride was crushed!

The man's competed after the death of his infant daughter, lost in the NCAA finals, and his body failing him at the olympics.

Broke? Naw. As nearly picture perfect as Jon adapted to every situation, you can't use the words "mentally broken" and Cormier in the same sentence.

That said, jesus, Jon adapted fucking beautifully to nearly every scenario.

I am not saying he won't fight again but he will not fight Jones again.. Jon humiliated him tonight by outwrestling him and that has to weigh heavily on his mind. You could see in the 4th round Jones was determined to take him down and DC IMO was broke after that..

I'm neither a jones or DC fan, I just find it pretty pathetic that all these shertards get a laugh out of a grown man falling short of his dream... are your lives really that pathetic? and I would be making the same statement if jones had lost/been embarrassed, can't we just enjoy the fact that we saw 2 of the best leave it all in the cage? Of course not because that's to easy... always have to laugh at others misfortunes, your life's must be incredibly boring :|

Man.. I just saw the post-fight press conference. The guy IS broken inside

I hope you work hard for something and come up short and some shitbag on the internet posts tripe like this about you someday.

I'm not sayin' he won't recover but right now it's only his body there

DC has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of...

I'm actually a bigger fan now.

i think DC is gonna be in a big time depression for a while.

hope he can get back on the wagon and put this behind him.

must fuck with him never being able to be champ...

I am not saying he won't fight again but he will not fight Jones again.. Jon humiliated him tonight by outwrestling him and that has to weigh heavily on his mind. You could see in the 4th round Jones was determined to take him down and DC IMO was broke after that..

I'm aware of what you're saying, and respect what you said. But I see them fighting down the line. Let's not act like DC has tons of fight milage on him. He's not Shogun levels of deterioration.

This shows why Gus/Rumble winner is the true top contender.

Beating a complete newbie who was making coffee the week before and a 45 year old who is completely out of his prime, who weighs 40 pounds less than you and isn't definitive top 10 material doesn't make you even close to worthy of a title shot.

Both Rumble and Gus have beat great competition and are facing top 3 fighters in each other. The winner is the true top contender.

Back