DC = Mike Tyson?

The Penetrator

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Teddy Atlas once said in Rogans podcast that Mike Tyson can never be considered one of the greatest boxers because he was great until there was a fight. He lost all the biggest fights, with his biggest rivals of his time, so he cannot be considered one of the greatest.

So i figured, can we say the same thing about DCs career?

From the Olympics, to his MMA career, he had the potential to be the best, but it seems once he had to face the biggest rival and make the final step, he flopped.

So, my question is, can we apply that same logic Teddy Atlas said about Tyson to DC, or does DCs notable wins make him surpass that category of a fighter that folded once he was in a true fight?

DC has a win over Stipe and only lost to a known cheater, one which that has been NC'd. After a trilogy fight and he wins then him and Stipe will change places again like before last weekend.

I still, and always will, consider Mike Tyson one of the greats

I still, and always will, consider Mike Tyson one of the greats
The greats of any sport is the one you first show people the highlights to introduce them. For me in MMA its Fedor and Boxing its Tyson. Something in the air when they were crushing.

Teddy Atlas once said in Rogans podcast that Mike Tyson can never be considered one of the greatest boxers because he was great until there was a fight. He lost all the biggest fights, with his biggest rivals of his time, so he cannot be considered one of the greatest.

So i figured, can we say the same thing about DCs career?

From the Olympics, to his MMA career, he had the potential to be the best, but it seems once he had to face the biggest rival and make the final step, he flopped.

So, my question is, can we apply that same logic Teddy Atlas said about Tyson to DC, or does DCs notable wins make him surpass that category of a fighter that folded once he was in a true fight?
Gimme a fucking break. He's one the greatest if not the greatest.
The baddest man on the planet.

I dont think he folded against gus tbh and that was a true fight

No, his summary on Tyson is garbage anyway. Tyson didn't run through everyone, there were plenty of fights that gave resistance. Razor Ruddock gave him a good run for his money, just like Gus with DC.

Stipe is the best UFC HW in history and Jones best LHW in history, there's no shame in losing to either of those. Especially when one is a suspect drug cheat and he already has a win over the other one....and even more so when you consider those two opponents have huge physical advantages over him. Both Tyson and DC were routinely fighting larger opposition...Jones & Stipe will never be able to say the same thing.

Last edited:
The greats of any sport is the one you first show people the highlights to introduce them. For me in MMA its Fedor and Boxing its Tyson. Something in the air when they were crushing.
Absolutely man, I still get chills watching some of their fights

Tyson is not a quitter, Atlas is wrong.

Absolutely man, I still get chills watching some of their fights
Its what I would tell a youngster that would ask me where do I start? Get fightpass and start from Pride 1.

7c55aaf6346c300a76320328b709f475.gif

Why people likes to make nonsense analogies? There is nothing in common in the situation between DC and Tyson, plus, both of them are among the greatest in boxing and MMA, DC flopped because he lost against a guy that he already beat? o_O

Teddy Atlas For a guy that never competed as a pro sure has a big mouth about all time great legendary boxers. He wasn’t even that great of a trainer. Most of his top guys got fed up with him and left.

DC has a win over Stipe and only lost to a known cheater, one which that has been NC'd. After a trilogy fight and he wins then him and Stipe will change places again like before last weekend.

Nailed it.

Tyson was one of the most feared fighters of all time. He only lost because he let fame, money, and women get to him. Much like Conor McGregor! I guess if your going to lose it though, fame, money, and women isn't the worst way to do it.:)

Teddy has a tendency to do that, where he wants to insult someone but pretends he's making some grand poetic speech instead.

Tyson had several tough fights that he won, and even when he got TKO'd by Douglas, the first thing he did was scramble around in a daze to try to find his mouthpiece and put it back in to keep fighting. Tyson's problems were women and drugs and taking over 4 years of his prime off when he got sent to prison.

DC had a tough fight with Gus and was nearly finished but fought through it and won, and also got floored by a missile from Rumble and won that too.

Back