DC = Mike Tyson?

Tyson would demolish anyone ever in MMA with one year of wrestling

He was truly a once in ever athlete. I'd probably rather fight anyone in the world than a prime Michael T

I'm not so sure that's true prior to his loss if focus and eventual self destruction.

He had faced adversity prior to Buster, signing with Don King and ultimately breaking away from Rooney who was the last link to the fighter Cus created and always responded well.

You are right though, we will never know which is exactly my point.
Plenty of great fighters worked with Don and were fine. Including the second greatest Boxer ever. Seeing Tysons interviews these days were he talks about his mental state before his downfall makes me think he never was never mentally strong enough

Plenty of great fighters worked with Don and were fine. Including the second greatest Boxer ever. Seeing Tysons interviews these days were he talks about his mental state before his downfall makes me think he never was never mentally strong enough
That maybe but none of them went from a disturbed kid with daddy issues to being taken under the wing of a man that would become his mentor and surrogate father figure.

He then lost that person shortly before getting everything he could have ever dreamed of and being courted by a master manipulator who saw a young kid he could use as a cash register who was looking for someone to fill Cus's role in his life.

All of this when he was just barely old enough to drink in Canada. I agree based on his life story which I've heard in his own words in several documentaries he had mental issues and self doubt but when he had someone nurturing him and encouraging him he was focused and disciplined ( in the ring at least) and when he no longer had that he fell apart rather quickly but again, obviously this is nothing more than speculation on both our parts.

I am curious who you are considering to be the second best Boxer of all time though, that was the most intriguing part of your post to me, haha.

Tyson was one of the most feared fighters of all time. He only lost because he let fame, money, and women get to him. Much like Conor McGregor! I guess if your going to lose it though, fame, money, and women isn't the worst way to do it.:)
Other then the rape charges I'm sure it was all fun.....well the rapes were probably fun but not the charges lmao

Sorry I could not help myself but make a very distasteful rape joke......I realize rape isnt okay guys......I still fully expect to get called a pos shit for this post

Jones stopped hitting him as hard as he could in those last few punches
Just noticed that
I can respect it
I believe that his hand is hurt from hitting a brick, thus you see him slow down. Jones is not a nice guy and didn't really care about the opponent's well-being.

- A Jones Hater

Ok......so you clearly never watched Tyson Box

Even the worst version of Tyson, past his prime, the overweight, ring rusted, no training camp, fought a champion in Botha, had big adversitites, he was so slow he couldn't connect a punch, yet managed to beat him again. Didn't quit.

Tyson would demolish anyone ever in MMA with one year of wrestling

He was truly a once in ever athlete. I'd probably rather fight anyone in the world than a prime Michael T

what about Ngannou?

A lot of people would say Tyson was exactly that when he bit a chunk out of Holyfield's ear. He had to know they'd DQ him.

That was out of control, undisciplined, home made bomb, ready to explode at any moment. Prime Tyson was to the point he was first defeated. After that it was only showtime Tyson, reaping millions. You could say he wanted out of Holifiield 2, he was getting head butted too much, said it in many interviews.

I love Mike but in what universe is he the greatest boxer of all time lol

In the universe of people who haven't seen many boxing fights, only some highlights with Tyson destroying some guys.
Great fighter, but not in top 10 HW boxers

what about Ngannou?

Epic facepalm.

A lot of people would say Tyson was exactly that when he bit a chunk out of Holyfield's ear. He had to know they'd DQ him.

Ill disagree here. Tyson was fed up with the headbutts and being cut over the eye. This happened in both fights.

Also i felt tyson got turned on with thoughts of a street fight happening.

I love Mike but in what universe is he the greatest boxer of all time lol
He's not even top 10 in greatness, but who beats that 21 year old kid?
I don't know if anyone does. Tyson might be not be the greatest ever, but it could be argued that he was the best ever when in his prime.

He's not even top 10 in greatness, but who beats that 21 year old kid?
I don't know if anyone does. Tyson might be not be the greatest ever, but it could be argued that he was the best ever when in his prime.

I pick Foreman, Ali and maybe prime Lewis.

Conor at least beat an all time great MMA fighter in their prime. WHo did Tyson ever beat that was an all time great? Old man Holmes who lost his last 2 fights and was coming out of retirement?
He fought every top contender of his era. He can't help it if the competition wasn't worthy of him. I can't remember who he fought in his prime though, that was a LONG time ago. :D

No, his summary on Tyson is garbage anyway. Tyson didn't run through everyone, there were plenty of fights that gave resistance. Razor Ruddock gave him a good run for his money, just like Gus with DC.

Stipe is the best UFC HW in history and Jones best LHW in history, there's no shame in losing to either of those. Especially when one is a suspect drug cheat and he already has a win over the other one....and even more so when you consider those two opponents have huge physical advantages over him. Both Tyson and DC were routinely fighting larger opposition...Jones & Stipe will never be able to say the same thing.

100%

Tony Tucker gave him something to think about as well

Tyson could of had much more, but Teddy is salty as fuck

Conor at least beat an all time great MMA fighter in their prime. WHo did Tyson ever beat that was an all time great? Old man Holmes who lost his last 2 fights and was coming out of retirement?
I looked it up, your right, there wasn't any all time greats he beat. He beat Micheal Spinks in his prime, but he was LHW champ. Spinks looked scared to death before the fight even started!:) However, if you look up champs like Mayweather and Roy Jones jr., they didn't beat many all time greats either. You can only fight the guys available at the time. Tyson was awesome in his day.

Teddy Atlas once said in Rogans podcast that Mike Tyson can never be considered one of the greatest boxers because he was great until there was a fight. He lost all the biggest fights, with his biggest rivals of his time, so he cannot be considered one of the greatest.

So i figured, can we say the same thing about DCs career?

From the Olympics, to his MMA career, he had the potential to be the best, but it seems once he had to face the biggest rival and make the final step, he flopped.

So, my question is, can we apply that same logic Teddy Atlas said about Tyson to DC, or does DCs notable wins make him surpass that category of a fighter that folded once he was in a true fight?
I don't think you understood Teddy's point...

DC never folded or looked for a way out like Tyson did against Holyfield and others (see McBride fight).

DC was fighting (and winning) until he got put out.

Back