DC has become champion of every division in every promotion he's fought in

tenor.gif
9BF73446-61C4-4BF9-A75B-4378AC5CD939.jpeg F4168F3B-F8EF-4F49-81C8-B584DFE60605.jpeg C2D1A655-38DF-4CDD-8C91-3CF371BBA0A8.jpeg D066C9D2-CAA4-445F-987B-5B5690B3F8F7.jpeg

If only he hadn't been a chubby old man fighting a coked up and juiced to the eyeballs go go gadget eyepoke extendo arms villain.

Still, DC is definitely better than Jones overall, no doubt. Doubt is what Jones felt when he signed for his fights with the Cormier. Especially the second time, panic juiced TOO MUCH and got caught.

Oh well, he's keeping the bench warm for Brock I suppose...

<36>

<mma1>

<DC-Champ>

DC the real GOAT but he was never SF champion
you win the GP and whatever prize you get is to denote that you won the GP, but it's not a title you defend in your next fight

No, but it definitely effects the strength of the accomplishment in question if most of the fighters weren't still in the tourney when he got to slide into the semis and you fail to mention this.

He beat who he had to. He didn't run the gauntlet of that tourney though. That's incredibly worth mentioning.

That literally could not be any further from being relevant to the Strikeforce Grand Prix, but okay
You’re quoting me as saying DC doesn’t control who wins or loses or who is in the tournament. Then you say I fail to mention that certain fighters were no longer in the tournament.
Which one is it? You can’t have it both ways.

The reason for the Stipe addition is to illustrate my original point that DC has arguably one of the best resumes in MMA history. You are trying to trivialize his Strikeforce GP win. It’s hard to do that to his win over Stipe.

I think the only sherdoggers hating on DC, are living vicariously though Jon Jones.

Unreal fighter. Now for him to cut that flab at get that FLW belt ;)

As some would have you believe he's capable of doing.

He isn't going after the MW or LW belt only because of Khabib and Luke in those divisions.

Seriously though he is one of the top 10 greatest to compete in MMA, I just don't have him in my top 3.

You’re quoting me as saying DC doesn’t control who wins or loses or who is in the tournament. Then you say I fail to mention that certain fighters were no longer in the tournament.
Which one is it? You can’t have it both ways.

I'm not trying to have it both ways at all. I'm saying focus on who he actually fought and what the tourney actually consisted of for DC, not what the tourney was initially made to be. Once you do that it's not as impressive as people make it out to be. He won a 4 man tourney, not an 8 man tourney.

The reason for the Stipe addition is to illustrate my original point that DC has arguably one of the best resumes in MMA history. You are trying to trivialize his Strikeforce GP win. It’s hard to do that to his win over Stipe.

Good thing I never tried to "trivialize" his win over Stipe.

He is the son of the mma goat jon jones.

DC never really felt like he was the LHW champ though. Thats the biggest reason he moved up

Every? I think Cael Sanderson might have something to say about that..

He’s been very underrated. If not for Jon Jones he’s have perhaps the best resume in MMA history.
Agreed. If there was no Jon....there would likely be no doubt DC is the goat. They're both all time greats and I'm glad we got to see them fight each other.

Back