DC has become champion of every division in every promotion he's fought in

Huge DC fan but that's a reach, Officer Farva.
I’m not a big DC so I’ll brag for you. He fought everyone at LHW. He won a very difficult tournament in Strikeforce.
Though I think Stipe was overrated, he beat the HW champion

But should have never been UFC LHW champ my brothers

daniel-cormier-towel-gate-MMAnytt-1000x652.jpg

skysports-daniel-cormier-jon-jones-ufc_4061600.jpg

<mma1><36>

I’m not a big DC so I’ll brag for you. He fought everyone at LHW. He won a very difficult tournament in Strikeforce.
Though I think Stipe was overrated, he beat the HW champion
DC never really beat the creme de la creme of HW. Stipe was just in the right place at the right time to mop up shot guys. Being pals with Cane is a problem for DC's legacy in this sense.

I'm not sure there's enough live guys left at HW to make a new HW GOAT candidate, lol.

DC never really beat the creme de la creme of HW. Stipe was just in the right place at the right time to mop up shot guys. Being pals with Cane is a problem for DC's legacy in this sense.

I'm not sure there's enough live guys left at HW to make a new HW GOAT candidate, lol.
I tend to think DC has had pretty tough competition at hw actually. Let's not make excuses for stipe losing bro. The other problem with your argument is (and even if it was true) to say somebody is not good because they haven't beat a long list of the very best hw's is a fallacy. Maybe it's just the way his schedule played out (which it is) and who knows maybe he beats all top 10 hw's of the current era or maybe he goes 5-5. The problem is, we don't know. We can't make assumptions based off of shouldn't have or should have if he fought (insert fighter). But what we can do is look at who he's beat and how he beat them. He also seems to be better at hw, and look at the lineup he beat at lh. Anyways don't take this as an attack towards you, but your post and I didn't agree.

He may have beaten Cain he may not have. Even if he lost, so what? He lost to a very talented fighter.

He beat Monson, Silva and Barnett in a row at HW. That’s gotta count for something.

He beat everyone he fought at HW en route to two championships

He won a very difficult tournament in Strikeforce.

DC's Grand Prix is one of the most overrated accomplishments on Sherdog. He won a tourney at that point consisting of only of Bigfoot, Sergey, and Barnett lol. He entered after Overeem, Fedor, Werdum, Arlovski, Rogers had already willfully bowed out or been eliminated.

It's still good to have beat Bigfoot and Barnett, but don't act like he actually won that tourney from start to finish. The best fighter in it had willfully left to go to the UFC and that's the only reason DC got to be in it, and because Overeem had made it into the semis DC got to slide into that spot off Overeem's coattails.

Last edited:
View attachment 415299
XMMA Heavyweight division - Champion
View attachment 415301
KOTC Heavyweight division - Champion
20120519_kkt_st3_017.jpg

Strikeforce Heavyweight Division - Grand Prix Champion
PJH3FZEYOZFDRAKMG6WPSKE4UI.jpg

UFC Light Heavyweight Division - Champion
daniel-cormier-ufc-226-7.jpg

UFC Heavyweight Division - Champion

All except the Olympics.....

I kid I kid. DC is awesome. Props to him for fighting and winning in both LHW and HW.

I tend to think DC has had pretty tough competition at hw actually. Let's not make excuses for stipe losing bro. The other problem with your argument is (and even if it was true) to say somebody is not good because they haven't beat a long list of the very best hw's is a fallacy. Maybe it's just the way his schedule played out (which it is) and who knows maybe he beats all top 10 hw's of the current era or maybe he goes 5-5. The problem is, we don't know. We can't make assumptions based off of shouldn't have or should have if he fought (insert fighter). But what we can do is look at who he's beat and how he beat them. He also seems to be better at hw, and look at the lineup he beat at lh. Anyways don't take this as an attack towards you, but your post and I didn't agree.
I don't have have a strong opinion on the matter. On a personal level, DC is easily one of my all-time favs (has been for years).

For sure, the era isn't DC's fault (any more than Jones' cheating is DC's fault) but it still matters. Especially since he dropped to 205 when his bro Cain was champ. So when you look at a resume and don't see those names, then--as you note--the argument for DC requires a lot of hypotheticals. That's a hard sell.

He may have beaten Cain he may not have. Even if he lost, so what? He lost to a very talented fighter.

He beat Monson, Silva and Barnett in a row at HW. That’s gotta count for something.

He beat everyone he fought at HW en route to two championships
He's getting there, no doubt about it.

It's too bad him and Cain are pals because this would be a settled matter otherwise.

DC's Grand Prix is one of the most overrated accomplishments on Sherdog. He won a tourney consisting of only of Bigfoot, Sergey, and Barnett lol. He entered after Overeem, Fedor, Werdum, Arlovski, Rogers had already willfully bowed out or been eliminated.

It's still good to have beat Bigfoot and Barnett, but don't act like he actually won that tourney from start to finish. The best fighter in it had willfully left to go to the UFC and that's the only reason DC got to be in it, and because Overeem had made it into the semis DC got to slide into that spot off Overeem's coattails.
He beat everyone he fought. He doesn’t control who wins or loses the other fights or who leaves the org.

You can’t say he won a tournament with Sergey, Bigfoot and Barnett “lol” and then say Barnett and Bigfoot are good wins. It’s one or the other

All three guys were legitimate HWs at the time and DC beat them fair and square. Yes, there were other guys who were better that weren’t in the tourney. But DC still won. He still beat Stipe

DC is the natty goat. Would smash Fedor, Crocop, Big Nog etc. Only loses to roided JJ

DC's Grand Prix is one of the most overrated accomplishments on Sherdog. He won a tourney consisting of only of Bigfoot, Sergey, and Barnett lol. He entered after Overeem, Fedor, Werdum, Arlovski, Rogers had already willfully bowed out or been eliminated.

Bigfoot smashed Fedor in that tournament the fuck are talking about. Bigfoot on roids was a beast, Barnett is always top 10 and back then closer to top 5, Sergey is whatever but the other two solid ass wins.

He beat everyone he fought. He doesn’t control who wins or loses the other fights or who leaves the org.

No, but it definitely effects the strength of the accomplishment in question if most of the fighters weren't still in the tourney when he got to slide into the semis and you fail to mention this.

He beat who he had to. He didn't run the gauntlet of that tourney though. That's incredibly worth mentioning.

He still beat Stipe

That literally could not be any further from being relevant to the Strikeforce Grand Prix, but okay

Daniel did not become a Strikeforce champion.
He didn't defeat Overeem. Reem left before then.

Back