DC better than Cain

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's all there is when it comes to this subject, Personally, I think Prime Cain would have smashed DC.

Also, besides Rumble Johnson, there is no one DC has beat that I think Prime Cain would have any trouble with at all. People put WAY too much stock in DC's win over Stipe who has always appeared somewhat chinny and whose record is not all it seems to be.
I actually think Stipe is better than prime Cain.

Just eyeballing it I would say

DC >>> Stipe >>> Cain

Nah, I see prime Cain beating him. Prime Cain was no joke. An older, more brittle Cain getting slept in 26 seconds doesn't prove or disprove anything. Other than wrestling, Cain was pretty much more skilled everywhere.

DC still has an almost equally strong argument as Cain however as to where each man ranks in the all-time pantheons of great heavyweights.

except Cain got slept in 30 seconds in his prime too. his chin shouldn't be shot, he's barely even fought and only been in a single war with Werdum.

Cain isn't a more skilled striker, he never was. DC destroyed Bigfoot before Cain got his hands on him and beat him way worse.

Cain probably would've gotten slept by Rumble in those 2 fights DC had with him.

i really can't believe people don't see how shitty Cain's defense is. Anderson Silva is old too, lost way more than Cain, has been in way more fights than Cain, is older than Cain, and he wasn't KO'd in 30 secs vs Adesanya. why? because he has striking defense and Cain doesn't.

Cain's striking defense consists of head movement where he looks like a giant wind shield wiper moving back and forth, and aggression. JDS proved it, Werdum proved it, and Ngannou proved it.

DC >>> Stipe >>> Cain
You mean eyeballing wikipedia? It's pretty obvious you haven't been watching mma long and are basing your judgments off of very recent, biased footage and haven't actually watched Cain in his prime.

Stipe was fortunate to be in the division at a time where most of the top guys were winding down their careers but he is nothing special. He got a nice win over Werdum but the rest of his resume is very padded. Wrestling wins over Hunt and a completely unproven Ngannou and TKO wins over 2 of the biggest glass chins of all time in Arlovski and Reem are absolutely nothing to write home about. He is a decent fighter who is fairly well rounded but he is not some GOAT candidate like he is hyped to be.

Clicking ignore to avoid future time wastes. If you want a history lesson, go watch some Fight Pass because you clearly know jack shit.

DC >>> Stipe >>> Cain

the guy says Stipe is chinny because he was knocked out twice, but Cain is supposed to be the terminator even though he was knocked out twice too.

Stipe has even shown he has world class striking defense when he chooses to use it when he completely matrix'd Ngannou in the first rd with his head movement alone, completely shutting down combinations of punches with his head movement.

everything he said about Stipe being shitty is exactly the same thing that can be said about Cain yet somehow, with zero explanation other than, "his prime he was an animal" for why Cain is better than Stipe even though Stipe has a better record, a better title reign, and with Stipe having better finishing ability, defense, and size advantage.

these same people will say Werdum and everyone Stipe beat is old, yet totally gloss over that that same Werdum annihilated Cain in Mexico, and totally act like his win over the corpse of Nog was some kind of GOAT achievement.

Mhmmmm

Probably yeah

DC is annoying he’s just such an awkward body type he’s built for this shit

Which is another amazing example of why JONES is goat
Didn't you hear? Jon is roids as to cheese is burger. Disqualified from goat talks.

<YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen>

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Yeah its more like DC overcomes his size and reach disadvantage. Proves he is far better then Jones who has all the physical advantages and even roid ones.

Even if Cain can beat DC I still think DC is overall better in that he not only matches up better against the rest of the division but has already accomplished much more in the sport. Even excluding DC's LHW record his HW is arguably as good as Cain's.

Yeah its more like DC overcomes his size and reach disadvantage. Proves he is far better then Jones who has all the physical advantages and even roid ones.

Exactamundo.

DC's kind of like Forest ... real lovable dude but relatively limited fighter whose success only proves how ludicrously shallow his division is.

There's a real good reason you don't see dadbods like DC having success in the upper ranks of the legit deep talent pools like 145/155/170.

Lol.... haters
You’re not even a funny one

I personally think DC is better than Cain. His striking, wrestling, and BJJ is better overall.

Any fighter that can actually make it to a fight is superior over the fighter who can't make it to the fight in the first place.

Currently DC 7/10
Prime Cain 7/10

except Cain got slept in 30 seconds in his prime too. his chin shouldn't be shot, he's barely even fought and only been in a single war with Werdum.

Cain isn't a more skilled striker, he never was. DC destroyed Bigfoot before Cain got his hands on him and beat him way worse.

Cain probably would've gotten slept by Rumble in those 2 fights DC had with him.

i really can't believe people don't see how shitty Cain's defense is. Anderson Silva is old too, lost way more than Cain, has been in way more fights than Cain, is older than Cain, and he wasn't KO'd in 30 secs vs Adesanya. why? because he has striking defense and Cain doesn't.

Cain's striking defense consists of head movement where he looks like a giant wind shield wiper moving back and forth, and aggression. JDS proved it, Werdum proved it, and Ngannou proved it.

He came back and whooped JDS twice, though. So who cares?

Cormier has better defense (albeit just barely) and a stronger chin and probably greater punching power, but Cain still has the superior skill set overall. He's faster, more fluid, more technical efficiency to his strikes, etc. He would box DC's ears off and probably hurt him with body shots as well. DC might be undefeated at HW but he also has a loss at a lower weight class as well.

Exactamundo.

DC's kind of like Forest ... real lovable dude but relatively limited fighter whose success only proves how ludicrously shallow his division is.

There's a real good reason you don't see dadbods like DC having success in the upper ranks of the legit deep talent pools like 145/155/170.
Well, it also proves DC is special to be able to overcome all that. Its all about the person and there are similar body styles at every weight who overcome and adapt.

Nah, I see prime Cain beating him. Prime Cain was no joke. An older, more brittle Cain getting slept in 26 seconds doesn't prove or disprove anything. Other than wrestling, Cain was pretty much more skilled everywhere.

DC still has an almost equally strong argument as Cain however as to where each man ranks in the all-time pantheons of great heavyweights.

Where does Cain beat DC? DC has a better chin and one punch KO power. Maybe Cain Grinds out a decision at best, but I don't see it.

This version of Cain gets flattened by many hws. Of course Dc would have his way with grey hair, flabby , rusty Cain.

DC is not only better, he is far better than Cain. Cain is OVERRATED, I always said that.

People that just started watching MMA a couple of years ago would think that, yes.

Cain is just an in your face animal of a fighter.

DC has been hesitant quite a few times, meaning he had to use tactics to survive a fight.

This is why DC will always look at Cain as his alfa.

He's been a good friend but let’s be real DC has had a better career and would probably walk through him if they fought. And he’s not done while Cain is an absolute mess.

It is a damn shame that DC didn't just fight his whole career at HW.

Back