DC better than Cain

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's been a good friend but let’s be real DC has had a better career and would probably walk through him if they fought. And he’s not done while Cain is an absolute mess.

Classic Sherdog, only as good as your last fight.

It's always been obvious to me

DC has better flow, striking, chin, wrestling and fight iq.

All around a superior fighter.

Cain just needs to do more leg extensions.

UmfMEd.gif

Cain should eat more cheeseburgers then he would be better than DC.

Mhmmmm

Probably yeah

DC is annoying he’s just such an awkward body type he’s built for this shit

Which is another amazing example of why JONES is goat

Meh hard to say. If Cain wasnt built out of peanut brittle I could give an opinion. Prime Cain was no joke.

Or Cain is as good or better and just really injury prone...

It's hard to tell. Cain's prime was wasted fighting Bigfoot twice and JDS thrice and Cormier hasn't fought anyone Cain has. But I'd say he is... Cain has lost twice to guys that have been beaten by guys WAY below elite. I know MMAth is flawed, but it's hard to say that the guy that has been beaten by Werdum and Ngannou who in turn have been beaten by Lewis and Volkov is better than a guy who has lost only once to a guy considered the best that ever did it.

They'll obviously never fight .. But I could see DC beating the breaks off of Werdum and last longer than 31 seconds against Ngannou (Cain got hit . . Please, no "his leg gave out" shit)

DC worshiped cain...almost seemed big brother affection in Cain prime. Whats that say?
As the story goes, Cain mentored DC in MMA from the first day he came into the gym on.

Nah, I see prime Cain beating him. Prime Cain was no joke. An older, more brittle Cain getting slept in 26 seconds doesn't prove or disprove anything. Other than wrestling, Cain was pretty much more skilled everywhere.

DC still has an almost equally strong argument as Cain however as to where each man ranks in the all-time pantheons of great heavyweights.

Nah, I see prime Cain beating him. Prime Cain was no joke. An older, more brittle Cain getting slept in 26 seconds doesn't prove or disprove anything. Other than wrestling, Cain was pretty much more skilled everywhere.

DC still has an almost equally strong argument as Cain however as to where each man ranks in the all-time pantheons of great heavyweights.
Cain isn't as skilled anywhere. Or durable.

DC is also undefeated at HW and Cain has several losses. Most of which came in his prime.

It's generous to even offer Cain the "prime" excuse considering DC is several years older, but no doubt Cain's body has been through the ringer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's all there is when it comes to this subject, Personally, I think Prime Cain would have smashed DC.

Also, besides Rumble Johnson, there is no one DC has beat that I think Prime Cain would have any trouble with at all. People put WAY too much stock in DC's win over Stipe who has always appeared somewhat chinny and whose record is not all it seems to be.

That he was a good teammate.
I just hate to rail on a guy who dominated prime Brock, silva 2x, JDS 2x, nog and many others. Not to mention had a LW gas tank in prime Homie is just old and broken and cashing in on only skills he has.

It's always been obvious to me

DC has better flow, striking, chin, wrestling and fight iq.

All around a superior fighter.
I think this is something anyone with a bit of common sense already knows. Spectacular fighting style does not mean you'll be consistent over a longer period of time against a wide variety of opponents. Yeah, at his best Cain can probably wreck anyone 7/10 times but with his style he was doomed not to last long anyway and he failed to adapt his style to his age and post-injury limitations. Cain is for sure more spectacular but DC is a much better fighter.

Back