DC better than Cain

I agree, DC has significant victories, SF HW champion, UFC 2 divisions champ...too many abilities and is a commentator :p

Meh hard to say. If Cain wasnt built out of peanut brittle I could give an opinion. Prime Cain was no joke.

You have to factory in durability too when determining who is better

<YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen>

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

A-level athlete

DC himself said Cain is better. Do you Sherdoggers really not remember this?

Their resumes are not even close. Cormier has had a much better career and performances than Cain.

22-1 vs 14-3 . but more importantly the 3 guys who beat Cain I would heavily favor Cormier to beat. JDS, Werdum and Ngannou.. I'd have Cormier in all of them.

Cain doesn't have the chin of Cormier, also Cormier has very fast hands for a heavy guy, people don't realize how fast he hands are, he has amazing hand speed for HW and LHW, he can get off combo's really quick. Because he is fat and looks like a old daddy.. people overlook his hand speed, some of his past opponents have commented on how fast his punchers are. They both have very good wrestling. Cormier has much better submissions, he has tapped many guys out, Cain never even has gone for a submission

Classic Sherdog, only as good as your last fight.

if cain comes back and wins his next fight, the threadstarter will make the completely opposite thread. i'm glad i avoided sherdog for a full day, to avoid the majority of these types of threads haha.

Cormier is more durable than Cain, athletically I think Cain has more talent, is a more rounded MMA practitioner. However Cain's inactivity doesn't help him when it comes to comparisons to active fighters.
Cain has had 8 fights since 2010 , DC had 19, since 2015 Cain had 3 fights , DC 7. AKA also has a reputation for injuries during training , yet DC still manages to maintain an active fight schedule. Cain has some physical issues that others don't, so while I think that takes him out of any conversations over GOAT status, doesn't diminish his overall fighting capability.

He came back and whooped JDS twice, though. So who cares?

Cormier has better defense (albeit just barely) and a stronger chin and probably greater punching power, but Cain still has the superior skill set overall. He's faster, more fluid, more technical efficiency to his strikes, etc. He would box DC's ears off and probably hurt him with body shots as well. DC might be undefeated at HW but he also has a loss at a lower weight class as well.

he has a loss at a lower weight class against a guy who is on steroids and who many people think would ruin Cain's life worse than he did to DC.

Cain thought his knees were fucked now? wait until he challenges Jon Jones.

he has a loss at a lower weight class against a guy who is on steroids and who many people think would ruin Cain's life worse than he did to DC.

Cain thought his knees were fucked now? wait until he challenges Jon Jones.

Why do you believe Jones will move up? Because he said so? How much credibility does he have?

This would have been blasphemy 4 or 5 years ago, but yeah. With Cain it was always the potential. His actual resume is pretty weak tbh. He doesn't even make the running for HW goat. Too many guys getting huge wins while he's out bubble wrapped somewhere.

He came back and whooped JDS twice, though. So who cares?

Cormier has better defense (albeit just barely) and a stronger chin and probably greater punching power, but Cain still has the superior skill set overall. He's faster, more fluid, more technical efficiency to his strikes, etc. He would box DC's ears off and probably hurt him with body shots as well. DC might be undefeated at HW but he also has a loss at a lower weight class as well.[/QUOTE]
Lol you say this as if that loss isn't to one of the greatest fighters of all time. And he went down to Jones weight class, so it's not like DC had a size advantage in that fight.

Prime Cain probably better.

Dc has had a better career. Simple.

DC has a better chin for sure. Outside of that, I'd have to see them two fight to form any opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back