DC and Gustafsson willing to fight for interim title if necessary

If it comes to that, Jones should be stripped of his title. My end all be all is, "Get money, bitch" and I also believe he has kept up a consistent and somewhat rigorous fight schedule, so I totally sympathize and encourage him (and any other fighter) to negotiate those things. But the champion cannot straight up refuse to fight who is recognized as the #1 contender; it automatically discredits him. If Jones is healthy refusing to fight with DC and Gus competing for an interim title, he just gets his indulgent way.

Ultimately I think this is just gamesmanship on Jones Part to get more money out of the UFC on a contract extension. Dana White is doing his usual bullshit where he runs to the media and tries his best to feed the fans whatever lies he's pushing.

Bullshit. Jones fights more frequently than any other champion and he's the biggest male star in the company. If Gus and Cormier fight, it's for a title shot, nothing more. That said, don't believe the hype. Jones will be fighting Gus as planned, maybe not necessarily in August but that's his next fight. This is a non issue that's being generated to keep fans buzzing through a relatively dull stretch until the Weidman Machida fight. As of now, the most interesting thing about the mighty Mouse bagautinov fight is that baga tested positive for a banned substance in a different sport back in 2012. Nothing to see here.

Back