DC and Gustafsson willing to fight for interim title if necessary

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dave Doyle ‏@davedoylemma
Ariel also reports that both DC and Gus would agree to an interim title fight with each other if necessary.

And if this fight happens, the winner will fight Jones to unify the belts. Which means, Gus/Cormier would fight in a #1 contenders match like Jones suggested happen months ago.

Hilarious if this happens, I hope it does.

And if this fight happens, the winner will fight Jones to unify the belts. Which means, Gus/Cormier would fight in a #1 contenders match like Jones suggested happen months ago.

So you hope Jones doesn't fight again until next year? Some fan.

I don't even really like Jones and I just wanna watch him fight again ASAP.

Cormier also said he'd put of his knee surgery if he had to but would need an extra month to get ready after the UFC 177 planned date.

I also don't get the point. Why would it be for an interim if Jones just gets to keep his belt? He just gets to turn down a fight and make the top guys fight each other, but would get to keep his belt? Doesn't make sense to me.

Just a marketing ploy because it's just a #1 contender eliminator.

I also don't get the point. Why would it be for an interim if Jones just gets to keep his belt? He just gets to turn down a fight and make the top guys fight each other, but would get to keep his belt? Doesn't make sense to me.

That's what happened when Tito ducked Chuck. He kept his belt and Randy beat Chuck for the interim belt.

So you hope Jones doesn't fight again until next year? Some fan.

I don't even really like Jones and I just wanna watch him fight again ASAP.

Don't care if he does or doesn't. I'll still have other fights to watch to entertain me. If he doesn't have a deal for a fight that he wants, then he shouldn't take it.

But, it's funny if the UFC makes an interim title match that is nothing but a glorified #1 contender's match that they should have made months ago.

UFC should stripe him away from his tittle

If Gus and DC fight for the interim belt the PPV numbers will be huge.

Wow, the lengths other fighters have to go just because one stinkin' champ doesn't want to sign the bout agreement. Incredible...

This is probably what's going to happen. Jones will make Dana look like his bitch. DFW cannot afford to lose another popular champ.

Jon Jones outsmarts his opponent again. He is a crafty one.

What a joke

Kinda get bored of this

Man up ufc and tell Jones to sign the fight with Gus or Dana will do his usual

That's what happened when Tito ducked Chuck. He kept his belt and Randy beat Chuck for the interim belt.

Tito is probably the least respected great fighter out of the entire old guard of MMA, and I think the perception that he was constantly ducking Chuck through the years is a big reason why.

If Jones wins, his maneuvering will have been brilliant. If he loses, especially to Gus, it will make things look even worse in hindsight.

Saw this coming months ago.

But not the interim title. I was expecting a "injury" before that.

I agree, that way when he fights for the title again, the UFC can just pay him less since he would be a non-champion. Hit Jones where it hurts the most.

*strip
*of
*title

And no, they shouldn't and they won't.

Why not? In boxing they do it all the time, they just did it recently to Floyd Mayweather.

If the champion doesn't fight against the mandatory next challenger, then the champion loses the title.

while dumb overall, it is to make a point that Jon is not "the sole LHW champion".

And whoever wins will be undisputed #1 contender, which Jon will not be able to turn down (like he is doing to Gus).

Back