Days of High Adventure (Strength, Conditioning & Everything)

Ha, good point...did you find this out by getting the back mount on someone, or were you the one giving up your back?

For once I actually took the back. I managed to get it about 3 or 4 times (I like to reach right around the back of his head and grab his chin, scoot out the side while twisting his neck, leg goes over the back and sink the hook) and twice transitioned to the body triangle and then RNC for the tap. Epic win x2.

Epic fail 1, however, was in having a tight reverse triangle on someone for what I swear was a solid five minutes, only to lose it and get guillotined three seconds later. Epic fail 2 came with rolling with someone even more noobish than myself and spending an entire round totally stuck in his guard. That was embarrassing.

Here's the Peruvian Necktie BTW, my new favourite sub out of my arsenal of 4.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HghdSsNUMC0&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HghdSsNUMC0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

25.06 - Cardio

45-minute Fartlek Run (HR 165-185)

26.06 - Grappling/Man-rape

Decided to stop being a lazy fucktard and check out Fighters & Fitness. Less crowded than Next Gen in the city centre, but bloody hell, no less talent. After a tough warm-up it was on to drilling a couple of simple, high-percentile open guard passes, a trip and anklelock, the darce from bottom sidemount and then Monday's submission of the night, the abovementioned Peruvian Necktie. Quite a bit more technique drilling than I'm used to - as the token over-eager, tensed-up noob I'm not much cop at actually learnin' shit.

Then on to free rolling. Kerpwn3d. Ragdolled. Thoroughly and resoundingly schooled. Hurt. Hurt bad. The kind of trauma you don't even learn from, because you repress it. It'll take a year in therapy or a Native American vision-quest to reveal what exactly transpired. At best guess, I'd say Terry Etim tapped me somewhere in the region of 23 times. The other lads brought the number up to about 50. My submissions = nil. My securing advantageous positions = nil. Longest time elapsed before tapout = about 18 seconds.

Lessons learned: always sit low and back in closed guard, elbows in, wide base; it's easier to get the other arm into a triangle than get your trapped head and arm out; UFC veterans who are 10-2 can pretty much have their merry way with me.

25.06 - Cardio

45-minute Fartlek Run (HR 165-185)

26.06 - Grappling/Man-rape

Decided to stop being a lazy fucktard and check out Fighters & Fitness. Less crowded than Next Gen in the city centre, but bloody hell, no less talent. After a tough warm-up it was on to drilling a couple of simple, high-percentile open guard passes, a trip and anklelock, the darce from bottom sidemount and then Monday's submission of the night, the abovementioned Peruvian Necktie. Quite a bit more technique drilling than I'm used to - as the token over-eager, tensed-up noob I'm not much cop at actually learnin' shit.

Then on to free rolling. Kerpwn3d. Ragdolled. Thoroughly and resoundingly schooled. Hurt. Hurt bad. The kind of trauma you don't even learn from, because you repress it. It'll take a year in therapy or a Native American vision-quest to reveal what exactly transpired. At best guess, I'd say Terry Etim tapped me somewhere in the region of 23 times. The other lads brought the number up to about 50. My submissions = nil. My securing advantageous positions = nil. Longest time elapsed before tapout = about 18 seconds.

Lessons learned: always sit low and back in closed guard, elbows in, wide base; it's easier to get the other arm into a triangle than get your trapped head and arm out; UFC veterans who are 10-2 can pretty much have their merry way with me.

You KNOW we're going to ask...

Looks like you should go in and get pwned by him more often, great learning experience.

Back