Day 257 without a Clinton Press conference(Will update daily)

No no no.

My anonymous sources are different.

Or so they tell me.
My anonymous sources are evil spirits that whisper into my ears while I sleep at night.

Why are you so focused on press conferances as opposed to say..... Speeches?

Because a speech allows the speaker to dictate the topic, whereas a press conference lacks the ability to control the narrative, like asking Clinton why she stated that none of her E-mails were marked classified, and why the FBI claims otherwise.

Because a speech allows the speaker to dictate the topic, whereas a press conference lacks the ability to control the narrative, like asking Clinton why she stated that none of her E-mails were marked classified, and why the FBI claims otherwise.

I see. Personally i dont see it as a big deal. She would just deflect and talk about sonething else if asked about that. Been a standard in politics for a hundred years.

I see. Personally i dont see it as a big deal. She would just deflect and talk about sonething else if asked about that. Been a standard in politics for a hundred years.

True, but it would hurt her.

There is a reason why Trump and Bernie did so well, and it has much to do with this kind of obfuscation, empty rhetoric, and talking point politics.

You can only be called an idiot so many times, before you start to take it personally, and vote against someone out of spite.

In interviews, town halls, etc., people also ask questions, and one-on-ones and town halls tend to call for more detailed direct answers than press conferences (fewer questions per minute, though).

This is really very simply. If Clinton was to give a press conference the new would be about her. She does not what that. She wants the new to be about Trump, because when it is he is sinking himself.

There is a reason why Trump and Bernie did so well, and it has much to do with this kind of obfuscation, empty rhetoric, and talking point politics.

You can only be called an idiot so many times, before you start to take it personally, and vote against someone out of spite.

Trump is just as full of obfuscation, empty rhetoric and political talking points. Have you ever seen him talk?

And what do you mean by you can only be called an idiot so many tines before voting against her out of spite? I remember back when you had a bernie robin hood AV. You have hated clinton from the start and advocated literally every candidate but her.

This is really very simply. If Clinton was to give a press conference the new would be about her. She does not what that. She wants the new to be about Trump, because when it is he is sinking himself.

I think she's just more comfortable in a more intimate setting because she's relatively introverted. That's not an excuse to avoid the press altogether, but it's a fine reason to prefer some types of press interactions over others.

Trump is just as full of obfuscation, empty rhetoric and political talking points. Have you ever seen him talk?

And what do you mean by you can only be called an idiot so many tines before voting against her out of spite? I remember back when you had a bernie robin hood AV. You have hated clinton from the start and advocated literally every candidate but her.

He is, but it is a new brand of obfuscation.

This new brand of obfuscation from Trump, and your question about what I mean by getting called an idiot are directly connected. I know the playbook, as do many other Americans. It is a recipe that has been reproduced ad nauseam. It's like watching a magic trick over and over where you can clearly see the wires, and expecting me to believe it is magic. It is insulting to me.

Listening to Hillary Clinton talk, is like listening to Baghdad Bob give his press conference where he swears there are no US tanks on Baghdad's streets. It is insulting to my intelligence.

As to my Hillary hate, she brings it on herself. You shouldn't be asking me why I don't support Hillary, you should be asking why Hillary is courting Bush voters, and thumbing her nose at the progressive wing of her party.

You think trump is losing when he gives a speech against ISIS?

I think this below is what most people see when looking at the false left vs right narrative on ISIS

Democrats:

6a00d8341c652b53ef015391c79429970b-800wi

Republicans:

landscape-1450298253-12-ways-world-end.jpg

I think one of these messages is a loser, and that hope doesn't trump fear.

He is, but it is a new brand of obfuscation.

This new brand of obfuscation from Trump, and your question about what I mean by getting called an idiot are directly connected. I know the playbook, as do many other Americans. It is a recipe that has been reproduced ad nauseam. It's like watching a magic trick over and over where you can clearly see the wires, and expecting me to believe it is magic. It is insulting to me.

Listening to Hillary Clinton talk, is like listening to Baghdad Bob give his press conference where he swears there are no US tanks on Baghdad's streets. It is insulting to my intelligence.

As to my Hillary hate, she brings it on herself. You shouldn't be asking me why I don't support Hillary, you should be asking why Hillary is courting Bush voters, and thumbing her nose at the progressive wing of her party.

Its not tough to figure out why she does that. She wants votes. Liberals are going to vote for her already, so she is looking to pick up some " compassionate conservatives ". That is what a moderate looks like.

Its not tough to figure out why she does that. She wants votes. Liberals are going to vote for her already, so she is looking to pick up some " compassionate conservatives ". That is what a moderate looks like.

That is what Bill Clinton's playbook looks like, and any real progressive should view another term of Bill Clinton's governing philosophy as the absolute danger and catastrophe that it was.

Bill Clinton was not a good president. He was a disaster, and a Chamber of Commerce Republican.

I hear alot of people questioning left leaning posters here about how much they value policy, and yet those same people tend to bury their head in the sand, when it comes to looking at the results of Bill Clinton's policy, and whether any serious person could call him anything other then a Pro-corporate Republican.

This is a losing playbook the Clinton's are running out of. Their is no majority center of this country anymore. Clinton is so lucky she is running against Trump it is absurd. If Gary Johnson got the media coverage Trump gets, he would be stomping Clinton a new mud hole.

Last edited:
You think trump is losing when he gives a speech against ISIS?

I think Trump loses if the election is about Trump. For him that happens to be what he makes everything about. Clinton has not given any press conferences and Trump has and look at the current polls.

I think Trump loses if the election is about Trump. For him that happens to be what he makes everything about. Clinton has not given any press conferences and Trump has and look at the current polls.

Trump is an idiot of a politician. If he had any message discipline he would be killing her.

This is the rub though, as Trump has gotten where he is by shooting from the hip, and yet that is also what is killing him right now.

Don't be surprised though if a week before the debate Trump does a massive detailed policy dump, that he has memorized front and back, and finally tries to re-brand himself.

I really need to start being more critical of trump though. I am going to do a thread here soon on Trump and the 160 million dollars George Soros gave him.

I have a feeling we will see some Trump supporter meltdowns in that thread.

Trump is an idiot of a politician. If he had any message discipline he would be killing her.

This is the rub though, as Trump has gotten where he is by shooting from the hip, and yet that is also what is killing him right now.

Don't be surprised though if a week before the debate Trump does a massive detailed policy dump, that he has memorized front and back, and finally tries to re-brand himself.

I really need to start being more critical of trump though. I am going to do a thread here soon on Trump and the 160 million dollars George Soros gave him.

I have a feeling we will see some Trump supporter meltdowns in that thread.

That is a big if, and I don't think that is true. The upcoming Trump re-launch has been expected for some time and never comes about.

You are referring to the a loan that Soros' financial company gave Trump for a project in Chicago? Why would anyone go nuts over that?

That is a big if, and I don't think that is true. The upcoming Trump re-launch has been expected for some time and never comes about.

You are referring to the a loan that Soros' financial company gave Trump for a project in Chicago? Why would anyone go nuts over that?

It is a big if, and I have zero confidence in Trump right now. I'm starting to believe the idea, that he actually doesn't want to win, and this is a PR move that went array on him.

His connections to Soros would matter to anyone that viewed Soros as the devil.

My going after Trump has to do with surrounding, or trying to surround himself, with Manafort, Adelson, and Ailes.

I am trying to remember some press conferences that any presidential candidate gave. None stand out. I don't see Trump giving regular press conferences either. I have not seen regular, or even sporadic press conferences from any candidates in the last several elections.

What I did see, on both sides, was a lot of campaign events where speeches were given, and sometimes afterwards depending on the venue, there would be Q/A sessions that were staged to one degree or another. I also saw candidates giving interviews.

That's what I see now.

Trump gives the media rope to hang him. Don't act like he does not say some really dumb shit.
I get tired of this media conspiracy against Trump angle Trumpeteers push. Trump says really dumb shit, and rightfully gets called out on it. If he would not give speeches like some un prepared student giving a presentation, then he would have less trouble with the media.
Rubio would be mopping up the floor with Shillary right now. Can't get him on racism because he is Hispanic. He knows his shit on foreign policy and smart enough not to bite on gotcha questions. He would be smart enough to make the required pivot for the general.
Instead the GOP nominated a clueless, thin skinned asshole, that people hate just as much as Hillary.
The only redeeming factor in this election, is neither of those idiots are getting re-elected.
Rubio had his political career ended live on stage by Chris Christie. Rubio would be doing even worse.

This supposed lead Hillary has right now will be short lived. The polls will get close to the margin of error by election time.
This election will be the final stand for many in the battle of the makers vs. the takers. If Hillary wins, it will send a signal that the takers finally outnumber the makers. The takers will start voting themselves more and more generous gifts from the public treasury. The makers ability to make will become an obligation to pay for the resources and sustenance of other takers.

If Trump wins, expect a second Great American Industrial Renaissance. The reason for this would be simple. The greatest minds will produce the greatest things when uninfringed and able to keep the products of their labor or negotiations.

You think Trump did well because he obfuscates and spews empty rhetoric and talking points? Or are you saying Trump doesn't do those things?

You think Trump did well because he obfuscates and spews empty rhetoric and talking points? Or are you saying Trump doesn't do those things?
I don't know what those words mean, but Trump doesn't do that. Trump says the truth. Obama founded ISIS, literally, and we should nuke the Mideast. How does that not make sense to you?

Back