Dave Camarillo - Amazing Armbar?

Nice! In the opponent's defense,you could hear him tapping way before Dave let go.If somebody did that to me then did the "fake concern" while I was writhing in pain,I'd be pissed too.

^ unashamed camarillo nuthugger, hope i get to train with him one day.

Dave Camarillo still has the best seminars for the buck.

As far as everyone mentioning the tap, I don't know the specifics but I remember he wrote about the incident on his old blog. Wish it was still up. Beautiful armbar.

I don't think the concern was fake. I remember some people were accusing that Ryan Hall was faking concern after jumping to his feet and checking on people after he heel hooked them, but I like what he had to say.

He said that in the match, he's trying to finish, and if the other person wants to stop, they just need to tap. After the tap, he does genuinely have concern, therefore he's not faking it. I'm sure it's the same thing in this situation.

Not trying to get into a debate over it, but for what it's worth.

i don't think the concern was fake but i can understand why the guy felt pissed off. i wouldn't kick him in the face, but popping my arm after i had tapped would get my blood boiling for sure.

I think since they were rolling as Dave was cranking he didnt feel the tap he only reacted to the guy screaming which at that point his elbow was probably popped.

You cant blame him for being angry. He thought Dave was intentionally not letting go.

I've seen the armbar a few times, more often off of two feet on the hips and raising them up, but it's the same concept.

I trained as a drop-in at Dan Camarillo's school yesterday, what a great school, super-welcoming, great facilities. Camarillo brothers are a class act.

Camarillo is always cranking armbars after the tap, this isn't exactly an isolated incident.

I trained as a drop-in at Dan Camarillo's school yesterday, what a great school, super-welcoming, great facilities. Camarillo brothers are a class act.

Word? Your in the Bay? I'd really like to go over footlocks and 1 leged X with you.How long are you here for?

i think it was because he tapped and dave didn't let go immediately. that might've pissed him off, especially if his elbow popped.

Ah.. that's what I get for watching on mute. o_0 I totally didn't pick up the whole screaming thing people were talking about.

Camarillo was widely considered the very embodiment of the douchebag back in the day so its funny to see that's he's now successfully reinvented himself as a class act. Not saying that people don't change but if you're good at jiujitsu and have a gimmick that people will buy into, then its much more likely that you can pull this off.

interesting, any more details?

why does he do this? is he a douche or something?

Just that he's an armbar cranker, there's a reason why he doesn't post his own competition footage. It's was well known that he was a dirty guy back in the day.

And I don't know why, maybe to get in his opponents head and make them tap faster next time they compete against each other?

I know that Dave was an armbar cranker, but I hadn't heard anything else bad about him.

Dirty guy just refers to armbar cranking, haven't heard anything else about him. I didn't mean he's a dirty guy like Franca

He's definitely known for breaking arms in Judo too.

One time I mentioned his name to another BJJ guy in a primarily Judo class. I figured no one else would even recognize his name, let alone overhear and instantly recognize, let alone then exclaim "That guy broke my arm once!"

The dude broke a lot of arms.

I really like Camarillo. Knowing that he's an arm cranker now makes me value my copy of "submit anyone" even more. It really should be renamed "Dave Camarillo Shows a Shit Ton of Armbars"

Back