Media Darren Till's headmovement vs Whittaker

You talk about striking then all of a sudden bring "big advantage in wrestling" into it?
You don't think Brunson has a big advantage in wrestling? At MW there aren't many wrestlers. This is a good test to see how Till handles it since against Woodley he didn't have an answer for the takedowns. He couldn't do anything against Woodley because of it.

Not Matrix at all
Those kicks were pretty slow
If you want Matrix, watch Silva
They weren't slow but they also weren't well setup or hidden behind anything like when he threw in his subsequent matches against Cannonier and Gastelum.

You presented a one-sided view of Till, I was giving the other. I'm not there when he's training. He's close, I mean look what happened with Jan or even Dustin. Could Till plug his holes and become a champion? It's possible but right now I think he has a few holes in his game. You seem a little sensitive with people who don't agree with you. Call me an asshole if you want, i'm just sharing an opinion.

There you go bud, actually presenting an opinion instead of just posting a gif showing the fighter in question getting KO’d. It’s boring.

Whoever said he was a can? He deserves to be in there against the very best. I think he's very good, not great and i'm not a big fan of his fighting style (someone else described as recently a little timid).
sorry I thought I was replying to Bill Laimbeer, who called Till a can. I mixed you guys up.

I always thought of head movement as people using their head to avoid punches and roll with punches to minimize damage. I guess it applies here
Not sure if trying to be a smartass here but it doesn't happen alot in MMA. Even though pull backs like these are ill advised in street fights, it's a cool looking thing when it works.

Till is very good at recognizing range. Bobby Knuckles wasn't hiding the high kick with anything in those sequences though

This is just embarrassing for Till. He's posting clips of him dodging a few kicks in a terrible fight he lost, which was made terrible because Till wouldn't engage; so calling himself 'matrix' is just head-slapping for this.

It's not like he even slips and rolls punches like Anderson. He simply circles away. Great for surviving, but not fancy at all. He should try and bury this fight from people's memory, not make highlight clips of it.

I think Till styles on Brunson pretty bad, i just wish he was more active.

He just needs to add more weapons to his game. It's mostly built on just feints and his 1-2. That's why he doesn't seem active because he's either feinting to set up the 1-2, or waiting to counter with his 1-2.

His head movement in general is just backward or side to side, depending what type of punch he gets hit with. His defense is atrocious, with the exception of those head kicks.

He just needs to add more weapons to his game. It's mostly built on just feints and his 1-2. That's why he doesn't seem active because he's either feinting to set up the 1-2, or waiting to counter with his 1-2.
Agreed. His game is too centered around his left straight. You already know what he wants to throw before he throws it. He'd definitely benefit from a little diversity in his approach. He's big and he's powerful. He's just a little predictable.

This is just embarrassing for Till. He's posting clips of him dodging a few kicks in a terrible fight he lost, which was made terrible because Till wouldn't engage; so calling himself 'matrix' is just head-slapping for this.

It's not like he even slips and rolls punches like Anderson. He simply circles away. Great for surviving, but not fancy at all. He should try and bury this fight from people's memory, not make highlight clips of it.

Sadly, that fight is more exciting than most of his wins. The Gastellum fight and the Wonderboy fights are 2 of the worst fights you'll see.
He talks shit like he's an exciting fighter, but he's boring as fuck. If he didn't have that scouser accent he'd be fighting on the early prelims.

I really want to see someone punish this lean back defense.
Yeppers. It's not even moving back in a straight line which tends to be a terrible idea. It's just standing there and moving your head.

More of this please.
tenor.gif

Darren is a curious one.
Goes the distance easily with wonderboy. Never in danger and wins a close one. Hurts wonderbody at least once.
Beats gastelum and gives Rob a tough fight to a decision.

These are the markings of a very good
fighter.

On the other had he gets destroyed by the ghost of t Wood and knocked dead by masvidal.

Is till really that much better at middleweight?
I agree with everything but something that doesn't matter:
I believe the ghost of T Wood didn't exits until after the Usman fight. Just an observation. Till was his best championship fight (for him) behind Lawler lol.

I always thought of head movement as people using their head to avoid punches and roll with punches to minimize damage. I guess it applies here
You are speaking about the combat sports term. This seems thread seems to be based on the general fact that indeed his head was moving in the 3 dimensional sense. Wakka wakka!
OGC.02159aafb43dc803ffffe831ff1a3306

C'mon fight wasn't that bad. It wasn't a high energy fight or anything, but it was intense as fuck watching it live. Haven't rewatched it.

i don't really see what's so good about his head movement. he leans back while moving away. impressive head movement is when you dodge the strike by mere inches and are in place to strike back.

if that's impressive head movement, Lyoto must have some of the greatest head movement in his prime when he would just circle away from every single strike or anything that looked like a strike.

i don't really see what's so good about his head movement. he leans back while moving away. impressive head movement is when you dodge the strike by mere inches and are in place to strike back.

if that's impressive head movement, Lyoto must have some of the greatest head movement in his prime when he would just circle away from every single strike or anything that looked like a strike.
Lyoto had amazing headmovement in his prime. If you’re not impressed by this kind of pull back technique, the quick decision making to actually do it, the reading of distance so you're not getting ktfo, if you're not impressed by watching it and me explaining some of it right now, you will never be impressed unless you try it in a real fight. Or have someone do it to you.

Back