Media Darren Till's headmovement vs Whittaker

Do you remember the Woodley vs Till fight or this.......?
tumblr_pohfz0hsxb1r7vh24o1_540.gifv

Only undefeated fighters are worth discussing

Till has yet to impress me. He does barely enough to win, rarely fights, pullout merchant, gifted ranking. He will lose a decision to Brunson and probably get a title shot. So to recap: this sherdogger = not impressed.

Not a hater of Till by any means and I actually hope he beats Brunson but I can't help but feel he's a bit overrated at the moment being 1-3 in his last 4 and his best win being a controversial dud against Wonderboy after missing weight. Picking Brunson but hope Till justifies his hype.

Darren is a curious one.
Goes the distance easily with wonderboy. Never in danger and wins a close one. Hurts wonderbody at least once.
Beats gastelum and gives Rob a tough fight to a decision.

These are the markings of a very good
fighter.

On the other had he gets destroyed by the ghost of t Wood and knocked dead by masvidal.

Is till really that much better at middleweight?

The single most overrated fighter in the UFC

Fringe 15, at best.

Darren is a curious one.
Goes the distance easily with wonderboy. Never in danger and wins a close one. Hurts wonderbody at least once.
Beats gastelum and gives Rob a tough fight to a decision.

These are the markings of a very good
fighter.

On the other had he gets destroyed by the ghost of t Wood and knocked dead by masvidal.

Is till really that much better at middleweight?
I don't think Tyron was a ghost of himself back then. He was still the belt holder and this was his finest title defense.

I think Usman, Covington and Burns beats any version of Tyron. Not Luque though. So somewhere along the line Tyron declined while also facing tough guys.

Till is talented enough to make minor adjustments, particularly in his output/ aggressiveness and he will find himself back in title contention very fast... this is shallow MW we’re talking about. The most obvious thing for him to do is ratchet up his bromance with Mike Perry and bring him into the fold.
<MikeP1>

I just re-watched it. I gave till rounds 1 and 5. I struggle to give him any other round-- he just didn't throw enough. I'm surprised that many gave him round four. Whittaker did a lot more work in my opinion.

I just rewatched it and I think round 4 is the closest round of the fight, but I edged it to Till because of the harder punches in that flurry of 4 punches around the the 2:50 mark, Whittaker lands a few more shots mostly leg kicks but Till's shots are all significantly harder in that round I thought, Also Whittaker throws and misses loads in that round, Round 4 strike stats are 13 landed of 34 for Whittaker and 8 of 19 for Till.. Can see a case for both personally 10-10 even.

I mean sure? Losing to top ten fighters happens. If you have a number of top ten wins under your belt, then you don't get to be called a can, simple as that.
Whoever said he was a can? He deserves to be in there against the very best. I think he's very good, not great and i'm not a big fan of his fighting style (someone else described as recently a little timid).

Nope, that's what we are doing now, discussing/comparing notes. I'll be watching his fight against Brunson, i'm looking forward to it.

So what was the point in your post if you even know it. Just being an asshole for no reason?

Darren is still an unfinished product imo. Think he will eventually become a champion. Once he perfects his counter fighting game he will be very difficult to beat

I always thought of head movement as people using their head to avoid punches and roll with punches to minimize damage. I guess it applies here

So what was the point in your post if you even know it. Just being an asshole for no reason?
You presented a one-sided view of Till, I was giving the other. I'm not there when he's training. He's close, I mean look what happened with Jan or even Dustin. Could Till plug his holes and become a champion? It's possible but right now I think he has a few holes in his game. You seem a little sensitive with people who don't agree with you. Call me an asshole if you want, i'm just sharing an opinion.

Back