Media Darren Till's headmovement vs Whittaker

I like both a lot and had Till winning by a smidge, no robbery arguably a draw would have been the fairest result.. Regardless if anyone thinks Whittaker won you can't say by much, and if you think Till is a can, then Whittaker shat the bed letting it go to a decision, same with Wonderboy and Gastelum.

You don't get any nuance with Till opinions on here, his controversial personality and being a Brit who probably got gifted opportunities too early mean that most opinions are fuelled by bitterness.. Another overrated and underrated guy like Conor who just attracts the worst kind of posts.
He is striker that lands under 10 strikes a round in most cases, he is just a big dude that can take punishment. Besides that he has nothing.

Sure thing boss
tenor.gif
I’d rather be a clown then support a bum any day.

Till needs to go back to Brasil, get that hunger back

Yeah i remember. What do those fights have to do with his fight with Whittaker?
I you watched your clip and even the Whittaker fight you might think that Till is some great defensive wizard in there. Then you watch Masvidal KO him dead and maybe come to the conclusion that he's a safe point fighter who will fight boring, safe fights if he can. He's skilled but that's why i'm not one of those striking is more exciting than grappling guy. I rather watch an Usman fight 6 days a week and twice on Sunday over watching Darren Till fight.

I you watched your clip and even the Whittaker fight you might think that Till is some great defensive wizard in there. Then you watch Masvidal KO him dead and maybe come to the conclusion that he's a safe point fighter who will fight boring, safe fights if he can. He's skilled but that's why i'm not one of those striking is more exciting than grappling guy. I rather watch an Usman fight 6 days a week and twice on Sunday over watching Darren Till fight.
Looks like a safe point fighter here.
OpenPartialGuineapig-size_restricted.gif

And here
AdmiredCanineHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

And here
LightheartedHighBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

What a can this guy is

Thrown in the deep end too quickly, no shame in losing to Champ Woodley and Masvidal is there? Still only 28 plenty room to improve.
He's lost 3 of his last 4 including the KO to Masvidal and TKO to Woodley. His only win was a split decision versus Kelvin. I find him boring (his fighting style not his personality) and he lacks a killer instinct. He's content to stay on the outside and collect points, fighting very safe if you let him. Not my type of fighter.

He's lost 3 of his last 4 including the KO to Masvidal and TKO to Woodley. His only win was a split decision versus Kelvin. I find him boring (his fighting style not his personality) and he lacks a killer instinct. He's content to stay on the outside and collect points, fighting very safe if you let him. Not my type of fighter.
And I'm sure Darren Till loses sleep over the fact that he's not your type of fighter.

I think Till styles on Brunson pretty bad, i just wish he was more active.

Masvidal had the right reads and was throwing kicks to Till's body instead. I don't remember if Whittaker made that adjustment or not, but it always bugs me when people head hunt guys who have great headmovement.

Looks like a safe point fighter here.
OpenPartialGuineapig-size_restricted.gif

And here
AdmiredCanineHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

And here
LightheartedHighBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

What a can this guy is
I don't know what you want me to say. I've watched his last 7 fights. Do you want me to agree that Till is a killer in there? He's got very good timing and against lower level guys he will piece them up. He's a very good Muay Thai guy that if you are reckless or have a lapse in there he can be dangerous. Against the higher level guys he mostly collects points. Brunson is a good test since he's not the greatest striker but has a big advantage in wrestling.

I don't know what you want me to say. I've watched his last 7 fights. Do you want me to agree that Till is a killer in there? He's got very good timing and against lower level guys he will piece them up. He's a very good Muay Thai guy that if you are reckless or have a lapse in there he can be dangerous. Against the higher level guys he mostly collects points. Brunson is a good test since he's not the greatest striker but has a big advantage in wrestling.
You talk about striking then all of a sudden bring "big advantage in wrestling" into it?

That's fine if you find him boring, no qualms, I do with Izzy.. I disagree he lacks killer instinct I think he's just a bit timid after getting caught twice in a row by Mas and Woodley, it happens, especially when you're young like he is, if this is an unconfident timid Till then imagine what he might look like with a bit of confidence back in his game, i'd say it's more of an output issue than killer instinct problem.

Could have easily got the decision against Whittaker which would make it 2-2 and did manage to knock Masvidal down pretty badly, had the potential to finish that before he lost it imo and I believe he wins a rematch... Wins over Gastelum, Whittaker and Masvidal at the age of 26-27 would have changed a lot for him. I can't think of many 28 year olds in the UFC who have had such a challenging run in as Till.

Till is a striking wizard much like Izzy, but unlike Adesanya he was thrown in against champions before he was ready, while Adesanya made most of his developement outside of UFC.

Till is 28, he has a bright future, just needs to stay healthy.

And I'm sure Darren Till loses sleep over the fact that he's not your type of fighter.
I couldn't care less about the guy's sleeping patterns. I also think he's better suited for MW for 2 reasons. He had a tremendous weight cut and also he couldn't handle the wrestlers at WW. You have Usman and Colby at the top of the division and even Chiesa would probably get him to the ground and drown him there. The guys at MW are mostly strikers (outside of Brunson) so they give him fights where he's comfortable. That's why this fight with Brunson is so interesting to me. I can't wait to see the fight in a few weeks.

That's fine if you find him boring, no qualms, I do with Izzy.. I disagree he lacks killer instinct I think he's just a bit timid after getting caught twice in a row by Mas and Woodley, it happens, especially when you're young like he is, if this is an unconfident timid Till then imagine what he might look like with a bit of confidence back in his game, i'd say it's more of an output issue than killer instinct problem.

Could have easily got the decision against Whittaker which would make it 2-2 and did manage to knock Masvidal down pretty badly, had the potential to finish that before he lost it imo and I believe he wins a rematch... Wins over Gastelum, Whittaker and Masvidal at the age of 26-27 would have changed a lot for him. I can't think of many 28 year olds in the UFC who have had such a challenging run in as Till.
"I can't think of many 28 year olds in the UFC who have had such a challenging run as Till"
I thought Till was gonna murder Masvidal that night. He looked two weight classes bigger in there. Till had such a challenging run because he earned the right to be in there with such high-level guys. He's very good, there's no doubt about that. He beat Wonderboy that night and that was an eye opener to me. Maybe it's the timid thing, there's just something about him I don't like. That said, I always watch his fights.

Till is a striking wizard much like Izzy, but unlike Adesanya he was thrown in against champions before he was ready, while Adesanya made most of his developement outside of UFC.

Till is 28, he has a bright future, just needs to stay healthy.
The one fight that was glaring was Woodley. He was in there and looked like a guy thrown in a pool who didn't know how to swim. That's why the Brunson fight is interesting to me. Brunson will try to take him down. We can see how much improvement Till has in his overall game in a few weeks.

This could only be a Till fan. Robert put a little speed on dem kicks but ,lol, the matrix couldve just stepped back . Now - if Till would've quickly countered with something , then the whole process wouldve been Instagram worthy.

I'm glad Till is proud of those moments.

It’s a shame he doesn’t do much more than bob around, feinting and throwing the odd pop shot.

He should be 0-3 in those fights.
Well, that's obviously wrong.
He won that fight easily
Also clearly wrong. Here's some quick math for you: Till beat Gas more clearly than Whittaker beat Till.
I’d rather be a clown then support a bum any day.
Well, you're definitely a clown. But no one you're arguing with is supporting a bum, so enjoy being the admitted loser everywhere here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back