Darren Till vs Israel Adesanya - Potential match up

Exactly, this is what makes me wonder in regards to this.
The big thing that sways me in favor of Adesanya is the height difference. Adesanya is 6'3 and Till is 6'0. While both have been fighting guys shorter than them, Adesanya is still bigger. I don't think Till's style would translate well at all when fighting a bigger and longer opponent like Adesanya, who is also a great striker himself.

hes also a lot smaller and at MW who knows how hard till can hit. lmao all i said is who knows.

heres my EXACT quote "anyone who says they know how this fight will go is lying"

Anyone in MMA has a punchers chance. It's a silly question to ask then.

Till has shown us that all he has is a crisp 1-2 that he basically has to land as a lead off of feints. He hasnt shown us any other ability than that really at all. He absolutely destroys his body to make 170 so he fights guys smaller than him.

I do know what would happen against Stylebender. He would be outclassed and knocked out.

anyone who says they know how this fight will go is lying. This is one of those "thats why we have the fights" moments. Nobody could tell how this would go down. Both have shown questionable chins and dynamite in their hands.

IF i had to pick though id said Till by TKO/KO, i think the weight cut is really hurting him bad.
Yeah Adesanya wins easily, we don't need the fight. He's bigger and better than Till everywhere.

The big thing that sways me in favor of Adesanya is the height difference. Adesanya is 6'3 and Till is 6'0. While both have been fighting guys shorter than them, Adesanya is still bigger. I don't think Till's style would translate well at all when fighting a bigger and longer opponent like Adesanya, who is also a great striker himself.

Yeah, that's absolutely fine, hence why asking the various thoughts here, there's no right or wrong really, it's just an interesting fight I think.

It really is that whole weight thing too that needs to be taken on board when we think about this, I think it would definitely turn a lot of heads and be an interesting fight to a lot of people had the fight happened to be booked.

It could be a really interesting fight and could have a very unpredictable outcome.

Yeah, that's absolutely fine, hence why asking the various thoughts here, there's no right or wrong really, it's just an interesting fight I think.

It really is that whole weight thing too that needs to be taken on board when we think about this, I think it would definitely turn a lot of heads and be an interesting fight to a lot of people had the fight happened to be booked.

It could be a really interesting fight and could have a very unpredictable outcome.
I agree and I think Till should fight someone like Uriah Hall first

Isreal wins IMO. Till likes to come into striking range with his hands down a lot and throws a rear uppercut without setting it up which has lead to him eating punches and getting hurt his last 2 fights.

Yeah Adesanya wins easily, we don't need the fight. He's bigger and better than Till everywhere.

I disagree (in regards to an easy win I mean), I think it could be an interesting fight that could really be good to watch, specially with as I say with what Kenny mentioned in the clip being the important part to this, both Cub and Kenny seem to feel this would be interesting and I have to agree.

Lets see what happens kinda thing, I think it could be quite surprising you know.

Of course, there's no right or wrong, it's just interesting to see the different opinions here and perspectives on this, I reckon it's a very interesting fight that can be easily written off first hand but if it happened to be booked, people would really look forward to it.

I'd like to see it, I'm not sure if Till's made a few wrong decisions with the fights and direction he's gone but I do feel that in that weight class Kenny mentions, if the fight was to be booked there it could be an interesting and very surprising fight.

Just my opinion of course but it is interesting to hear the different vibes here for sure :)

lmao you are clearly triggered to respond that way. let me ask you this.. why would i put "if i had to pick" in all caps? thats clearly to show that i have no idea who would win. read my post again...

Actually did you even read it at all? I dont think and didnt say literally any of the shit you are saying.
I read plenty. And you post plenty. You definitely never said Till would outclass Adesanya, I agree. But you did pick Till, even if you say it's not a sure pick, and I feel that the reasoning you gave was funny.

I personally pick fights based on skills and weaknesses of the fighters but that's just me

Anyone in MMA has a punchers chance. It's a silly question to ask then.

Till has shown us that all he has is a crisp 1-2 that he basically has to land as a lead off of feints. He hasnt shown us any other ability than that really at all. He absolutely destroys his body to make 170 so he fights guys smaller than him.

I do know what would happen against Stylebender. He would be outclassed and knocked out.

You are wrong as fuck but okay lol. He has nasty elbows with both hands, a nasty step in knee, hes an overall good striker who bought into his own hype and paid the price as well as cutting to much weight. this is a dude who outsruck and dropped wonderboy(in round 5 too), hes much more than just a 1-2. and feints. cool story tho

oh okay we can stop this conversation...why are we even having posts about fights when we could just ask you???? Just a 1- lol OKAY SIR
giphy.gif

CapitalDifficultBream-size_restricted.gif

ShrillBleakButterfly-size_restricted.gif

anyone who says they know how this fight will go is lying. This is one of those "thats why we have the fights" moments. Nobody could tell how this would go down. Both have shown questionable chins and dynamite in their hands.

IF i had to pick though id said Till by TKO/KO, i think the weight cut is really hurting him bad.

ROFLLLLL

I agree and I think Till should fight someone like Uriah Hall first

Maybe, I have to say the tweet Till put out towards Askren this past weekend was very admirable, not sure if you saw it but after all the shit between Till and Askren in the past I thought that was really classy of Till to be honest and I gained a lot of respect for him from that :)

I read plenty. And you post plenty. You definitely never said Till would outclass Adesanya, I agree. But you did pick Till, even if you say it's not a sure pick, and I feel that the reasoning you gave was funny.

I personally pick fights based on skills and weaknesses of the fighters but that's just me

so what was it about the reason i picked till that you didnt like? i think your basic understanding of him as a fighter is what makes you think i just picked him for no reason. see above, hes much more than a 1-2. guy Hes wonderboy level striking in a skelton version of him self. He could be totally different at MW....

The reason i picked him IF I HAD TO (which i dont) is because of the way Izzy reacted to being hit by Kelivn. I honestly think at MW Till's strengths will be more pronounced.. i started this off by saying i had no idea what would happen. You are reaching like a mother fucker lol. Its okay though i still got love for you sherbro

im not sold on izzy, im just not. We will have to see

You are wrong as fuck but okay lol. He has nasty elbows with both hands, a nasty step in knee, hes an overall good striker who bought into his own hype and paid the price as well as cutting to much weight. this is a dude who outsruck and dropped wonderboy(in round 5 too), hes much more than just a 1-2. and feints. cool story tho

oh okay we can stop this conversation...why are we even having posts about fights when we could just ask you???? Just a 1- lol OKAY SIR
giphy.gif

You tried to argue my point then posted 2 gifs supporting it lol. Ok he has elbows of he is in close. It's still off a feint or a jab. It's the same repetition and Masvidal and Woodley both figured it out within a round. What makes you think a guy as talented as Stylebender wouldn't figure out with ease?

I disagree (in regards to an easy win I mean), I think it could be an interesting fight that could really be good to watch, specially with as I say with what Kenny mentioned in the clip being the important part to this, both Cub and Kenny seem to feel this would be interesting and I have to agree.

Lets see what happens kinda thing, I think it could be quite surprising you know.

Of course, there's no right or wrong, it's just interesting to see the different opinions here and perspectives on this, I reckon it's a very interesting fight that can be easily written off first hand but if it happened to be booked, people would really look forward to it.

I'd like to see it, I'm not sure if Till's made a few wrong decisions with the fights and direction he's gone but I do feel that in that weight class Kenny mentions, if the fight was to be booked there it could be an interesting and very surprising fight.

Just my opinion of course but it is interesting to hear the different vibes here for sure :)
I like Till but equally I don't see any real path to victory. His striking is effective vs guys he can overpower and force to play his game but its way too predictable which we saw vs Woodley. As soon as tried he to strike Woodley read it easily and countered and he's a much lesser striker to someone like Izzy who is a high level kickboxer with a ton of tools vs Woodley whose basically a right hand counter. His defence too is poor with his chin up and it really showed in his last 2 fights.

He'll get cut down with low kicks and his basic boxing combos will get countered all night. In a 5 round fight especially Izzy is gonna get a finish far more often than not he can just do anything Till can and a lot more.

I guess you can make the argument Till beat Wonderboy but he had to use his size there to overpower Wonderboy and also Wonderboys stance is very open to low kicks which helped him a lot. Even then it was a coinflip decision so against a bigger guy less vulnerable to low kicks and younger in Izzy I think its far less competitive.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I think Till gets quite underrated (I can understand with his recent losses) however like what you just mentioned about the elbows, hands and striking I think this could be really surprising if the fight was booked in the right weight class too.

There's no right or wrong in this of course, we'd have to see the fight to see the outcome but I don't disagree with anything you're saying here, it's easy to write Till off at the moment due to his losses recently but I do feel this could be a very interesting fight and I think you make some very valid points here.

TS you told me to watch the video as if they were actually going to analyze the matchup. I was very disappointed....

I like Till but equally I don't see any real path to victory. His striking is effective vs guys he can overpower and force to play his game but its way too predictable which we saw vs Woodley. As soon as tried to strike Woodley read it easily and countered and he's a much lesser striker to someone like Izzy who is a high level kickboxer with a ton of tools vs Woodley whose basically a right hand counter. His defence too is poor with his chin up and it really showed in his last 2 fights.

He'll get cut down with low kicks and his basic boxing combos will get countered all night. In a 5 round fight especially Izzy is gonna get a finish far more often than not he can just do anything Till can and a lot more.

Again, you also make some interesting points from the other side of the scale.

If you look at the things others have mentioned from the Till side and the Adesanya side and balance them, it could be a very interesting and surprising fight.

It could also go the way you mentioned but I'm not so sure, it's one of them where the more you think about it and take on board things a little from each side, it really does seem like an interesting fight I think.

If it was booked, I think we'd all be intrigued and I do feel it could be quite surprising of course as long as it's done the way Kenny mentions and how Cub follows up on also.

Back