Darren Till vs Israel Adesanya - Potential match up

Maybe, I have to say the tweet Till put out towards Askren this past weekend was very admirable, not sure if you saw it but after all the shit between Till and Askren in the past I thought that was really classy of Till to be honest and I gained a lot of respect for him from that :)
Yeah I'm back on the Till fanwagon after I fell off due to his taxi shenanigans

Yeah I'm back on the Till fanwagon after I fell off due to his taxi shenanigans

Yeah someone else just mentioned that, I completely forgot about that until it was mentioned again haha

You tried to argue my point then posted 2 gifs supporting it lol. Ok he has elbows of he is in close. It's still off a feint or a jab. It's the same repetition and Masvidal and Woodley both figured it out within a round. What makes you think a guy as talented as Stylebender wouldn't figure out with ease?

well lets look at that.. I think that the shots that mas ate would end the stylebender. as i said before, we dont know so i wouldn't be shocked if i was wrong.
Woodley had wrestling to hide his bomb and he has MORE power and speed in his punches than izzy, thats a bad comparison.

Like i said before i think at MW till will pack more power and i think he will land some shots and it could be enough to win, thats all i said lol after saying i had NO CLUE who would win. Of course i posted gifs to show you that he does have other weapons, and to be fair i couldnt find many of the gifs i wanted. His step in knee is beautiful. Hes an 8 point striker and you said he has just a 1-2. Thats wrong.

Has Till moved up yet?

So many interesting match ups for him at MW.

well lets look at that.. I think that the shots that mas ate would end the stylebender. as i said before, we dont know so i wouldn't be shocked if i was wrong.
Woodley had wrestling to hide his bomb and he has MORE power and speed in his punches than izzy, thats a bad comparison.

Like i said before i think at MW till will pack more power and i think he will land some shots and it could be enough to win, thats all i said lol after saying i had NO CLUE who would win. Of course i posted gifs to show you that he does have other weapons, and to be fair i couldnt find many of the gifs i wanted. His step in knee is beautiful. Hes an 8 point striker and you said he has just a 1-2. Thats wrong.

Yeah, honestly, I think you're making some great points! Specially about the weight thing and the tools in Tills arsenal, I don't you're off point with those things you've mentioned as they're spot on and are something to think about.

Specially the weight thing and combine that with the power and tools in his arsenal, I think we could get a very different and surprising fight than some are expecting.

Again, you also make some interesting points from the other side of the scale.

If you look at the things others have mentioned from the Till side and the Adesanya side and balance them, it could be a very interesting and surprising fight.

It could also go the way you mentioned but I'm not so sure, it's one of them where the more you think about it and take on board things a little from each side, it really does seem like an interesting fight I think.

If it was booked, I think we'd all be intrigued and I do feel it could be quite surprising of course as long as it's done the way Kenny mentions and how Cub follows up on also.

till has shown a great abilty to react and defend kicks. He catches them and also checks them. He was checking Wonderboys kicks a lot
giphy.gif

EDIT @Jordan3399 i meant to quote your message about izzy cutting him down with kicks not spongebob. sorry

giphy.gif

USATSI_10863451_168382968_lowres.jpg

Has Till moved up yet?

So many interesting match ups for him at MW.

I agree, MW is a much better place for Till I reckon.

till has shown a great abilty to react and defend kicks. He catches them and also checks them. He was checking Wonderboys kicks a lot
giphy.gif

EDIT @Jordan3399 i meant to quote your message about izzy cutting him down with kicks not spongebob. sorry

giphy.gif

USATSI_10863451_168382968_lowres.jpg

Yeah, this is what I mean, the things you're mentioning are very valid and good points, Till does often get underrated for his skill set and combine this with it being in the better weight class too, it could be really very good.

I don't think what you're saying is far fetched at all, in fact, I think this could be a very interesting match up :)

People are writing off what you're saying @Druken_Vovchanchyn far too easily but when you combine both sides of the scale here with both fighters, put this all into consideration in the right weight class and put that into perspective also, we could see a really good fight.

so what was it about the reason i picked till that you didnt like? i think your basic understanding of him as a fighter is what makes you think i just picked him for no reason. see above, hes much more than a 1-2. guy Hes wonderboy level striking in a skelton version of him self. He could be totally different at MW....

The reason i picked him IF I HAD TO (which i dont) is because of the way Izzy reacted to being hit by Kelivn. I honestly think at MW Till's strengths will be more pronounced.. i started this off by saying i had no idea what would happen. You are reaching like a mother fucker lol. Its okay though i still got love for you sherbro

im not sold on izzy, im just not. We will have to see
I feel like a fight with Adesanya v Till would look very different than his fight with Gastelum. Gastelum is faster, sneakier, and just a hell if a lot harder to hurt.

With that said it Till can get some momentum back up it would be a hell of a matchup for us fans. Till poses his own different threats but I feel Adesanya is simply more technical AND more tactical than Darren.

People are writing off what you're saying @Druken_Vovchanchyn far too easily but when you combine both sides of the scale here with both fighters, put this all into consideration in the right weight class and put that into perspective also, we could see a really good fight.

i appreciate it.. Thats sherdog, but if you can weed out the fan boys and keboard warriors...the best and smartest fans are on this site!

good thread btw TS.

I feel like a fight with Adesanya v Till would look very different than his fight with Gastelum. Gastelum is faster, sneakier, and just a hell if a lot harder to hurt.

With that said it Till can get some momentum back up it would be a hell of a matchup for us fans. Till poses his own different threats but I feel Adesanya is simply more technical AND more tactical than Darren.

I agree 100% but how can we say that kelvin is different and then not acknowledge that woodley and masvidal are different than the stylebender lol. Like i said before this shit storm started..

also till beat and dropped wodnerboy. he doesnt struggle with technical fighters, at least he hast yet

ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY KNOW THE OUTCOME IS WRONG AS FUCK lol

I was thinking Till would smoke him but the more I actually think about it I think Adesanya beats him. Till is a very good fighter but his last two fights he got very predictable and thought he was Conor with his straight left lmao it was his downfall both times.

That's a much better and more well rounded post, that's what I mean about taking both sides on board (I love Izzy too!) but it really could be an awesome fight for us fans and I do feel it could be surprising too.

Who knows how it would go but I think if the fight happened to be booked, it would be one most of us would be really looking forward to.

Something just feels right in regards to this fight I reckon and it's one that should happen at some point down the line.

i appreciate it.. Thats sherdog, but if you can weed out the fan boys and keboard warriors...the best and smartest fans are on this site!

good thread btw TS.

Yeah, there's been some really great insights and vibes here it's been really surprising (in a good way!), it's always best to look at things from a neutral perspective, even if you're a fan or not of a certain fighter, try put that aside, think about the fight, weigh up the options and the skills sets and weight classes etc... and we can get some really good things here.

I really do feel this Till and Adesanya fight would be very good.

I was thinking Till would smoke him but the more I actually think about it I think Adesanya beats him. Till is a very good fighter but his last two fights he got very predictable and thought he was Conor with his straight left lmao it was his downfall both times.

Again, it's a good fight ain't it haha and one that needs to happen lol

I'm actually smiling reading all the different vibes here because it goes to show just how good this potential match up really is.

Specially if it's at the right weight class too cause like Kenny says, Till hasn't looked great in the past on the scales and I have to agree with that.

Battle of the scared weight cutters.

Let just have till fight james vick since what you weigh doesnt really matter.

Cut the loser. winner goes to his proper weight class.

Battle of the scared weight cutters.

Let just have till fight james vick since what you weigh doesnt really matter.

Cut the loser. winner goes to his proper weight class.

The weight thing has a lot of factors in it, there's a huge list of reasons in regards to this.

Vick vs Gaethje was good during the build up, can you imagine this between Till and Vick lol

Back