Dark Souls III v4: Vengeance, sweet sweet vengeance

Man you just can’t get along with mothafuckas can you
Yeah I think he's just childish.

Hell even the points he highlighted to discredit me, did the opposite.

I dont take it personal or get aggressive like he does, I can move on. Its no big thing, but I dont think he can.

I also dont undertand how PvP comes into this, I never said I was the better player and I didnt really play too much of the PvP as I dont like it as much.

I started with Bloodborne (regrettably wasn't able to finish due to playing it on a buddy's PS3/4 I forget). I got into DS 3 off of his recommendation and now have 180+ hours in. Fucking love that game. It take a long ass time to get going, but it was one of the few truly challenging games that I enjoyed playing. I am very much a casual gamer and typically play games on easy or normal. I'm onto Sekiro now and am loving it. It is kicking the shit out of me, but I love the setting and the combat is so very different that DS/BB. I've had to relearn everything, but I am really liking the combat system.

Yeah I think he's just childish.

Hell even the points he highlighted to discredit me, did the opposite.

I dont take it personal or get aggressive like he does, I can move on. Its no big thing, but I dont think he can.

I also dont undertand how PvP comes into this, I never said I was the better player and I didnt really play too much of the PvP as I dont like it as much.
Nah I just get drunk and shitpost far too often. Don't take it seriously at all.

If you think I'm being aggressive you're all good dude. It's just the video game forum on Sherdog lol. I just don't like people assuming things about me when they have barely talked to me - especially over something as miniscule as a video game we all play for fun.

As far as me highlighting your posts, I was simply stating you criticised something about me that was something you yourself were guilty of.

As far as me highlighting your posts, I was simply stating you criticised something about me that was something you yourself were guilty of.
Thats the thing, I did criticise but what you chose didnt show my "hypocrisy". It actually showed that there was merit behind what I said.

And its all good, I dont come on Sherdog to try antagonise, it all fun banter anyways. No harm, no foul. We're regulars on a small subforum, and we get passionate, so its bound to happen.

Thats the thing, I did criticise but what you chose didnt show my "hypocrisy". It actually showed that there was merit behind what I said.

And its all good, I dont come on Sherdog to try antagonise, it all fun banter anyways. No harm, no foul. We're regulars on a small subforum, and we get passionate, so its bound to happen.
Thanks for understanding my dude.

DS1 is a masterclass in level design, and tbh none of the games in the series even come close to the level design in this game. The world feels so organic and interconnected and intertwined. You'll be honestly shocked when you play it for the first time, and in a good way. Itll feel aged, and is slower paced than all the other souls games, except 2, but its definitely either number 1 or 2 on most soulsborne fans' lists. An absolute classic and is firmly in my top 10 games of all time.

I didnt finish 2, got bored, but Ill buy SOFTS and retry it again, as I heard the DLC is better. Thats the norm for From games, the DLC > base game usually.

Bloodborne is beautiful. The atmosphere, the level design, the boss design, the OST, I can choose one of these elements and I can keep going on and on about it, writing 30 page dissertations if need be. The gameplay is quick, and offensive minded. The first area is insanely difficult, if its your first souls game, but man, after you get over the hump, you'll be in for one of the most rewarding experiences in entertainment. I was so engrossed, all I did was think about this game, the lore etc. Imo an easy 10/10. Its not 100% perfect, no game is, but its a must to play imo. Pinnacle of gaming and one of my favourite, if not favourite, games of all time. The atmosphere in this game is unparalleled, an it feels like a horror game at times.

Sekiro is the new kid on the block. It, imo, has the best and most fleshed out physical combat system since BB. You play this like a souls game, ad youre screwed. The combat is the most satisfying out of all the games, or maybe second to BB, and man the setting, graphics etc are all so great. I need few more playthroughs but it may be second to BB at this current time.

I suggest watching lore vids with Vaati after finishing the games.
So like I said to you in another post, I decided to hold off on DS3, despite loving it, to go back and play DS1, and play the series chronologically. You're not kidding about level design, it's just brilliant.

Man, I love how interconnected the world is. The best part of exploring for me is seeing how they tie new areas with older ones, namely that elevator from the Undead Parish to the firelink shrine, it's like "aha, now that's cool!" lol.

I highly suggest people play the remastered version if they haven't played it yet. The controls are night and day with the improved framerate. That's something mods couldn't fix. I only ever played it on PC, but the prepare to die edition played like ass (maybe the console played better?). It's still a bit clunkier than DS3, but gameplay is smooth overall, and I don't feel that a death was because I couldn't move where I wanted to.

I just beat the Capra Dragon in the depths, what a cool boss! He was the easiest yet, killed him my second try, but my fav aesthetically

I always take my armor off in large boss fights, so I can move quickly, I find that makes all the difference. Now that I have that ring that lets you move quickly in in bad conditions, I'm going to back to Blighttown and get that hidden Ninja-like armor (forget what's called), I hear that's the best light set you can. I normally wear the Crimson set, which I also found there before running for my life, what did you use?

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts on DS1, it's become one of my all time favs. DS3 doesn't compare level design, but it does have smoother gameplay going for it, and more variety in enemies I think, so I'm looking forward to going back to it later. I may have to restart my character though, as I love this Pyromancy thing!

I still own Bloodborne as I discovered, so I look forward to playing at some point too. I thought a new team made that, didn't realise From Software made it too, what an amazing dev team. I heard they made the last Tenchu game, I loved the OG on PS1, I'll have to emulate that!

I started with Bloodborne (regrettably wasn't able to finish due to playing it on a buddy's PS3/4 I forget). I got into DS 3 off of his recommendation and now have 180+ hours in. Fucking love that game. It take a long ass time to get going, but it was one of the few truly challenging games that I enjoyed playing. I am very much a casual gamer and typically play games on easy or normal. I'm onto Sekiro now and am loving it. It is kicking the shit out of me, but I love the setting and the combat is so very different that DS/BB. I've had to relearn everything, but I am really liking the combat system.

I can't wait to play Sekiro later too, I love that setting as well. I'm glad I have so much Dark Souls to play so it will be cheaper by the time I pick it up lol

I hear you can play more stealthy, like Tenchu style? Does it feel like a Ninja game like that, with DS combat difficulty?

Last edited:
I normally wear the Crimson set, which I also found there before running for my life, what did you use?
No clue tbh. I remember only using claymore and sometimes rocking the Havel set. I also like to be light, and dont get more than 50%.
Anyway, thanks for your thoughts on DS1, it's become one of my all time favs. DS3 doesn't compare level design, but it does have smoother gameplay going for it, and more variety in enemies I think, so I'm looking forward to going back to it later. I may have to restart my character though, as I love this Pyromancy thing!

Im definitely gonna run through the original remaster on the switch once its cheaper, and I need to play DS2 properly. Im glad youre enjoying the game.

But once you play bloodborne, you'll realise how amazing that game truly is. I suggest the lore videos every time. If I can get more people to play more Fromsoftware games, I would. I cant wait to hear your opinion on that game. It twists the formula on its head, and makes you go against your DS honed skills -- Sekiro will push that to new heights and will punish DS/BB strats.

But once you play bloodborne, you'll realise how amazing that game truly is.
Yes, play Bloodborne afterwards and you’ll love that combat, don’t go back to DS1 like I did though, you’ll be disappointed (and JoJo will get butt hurt if you say it wasn’t anything other than a masterpiece like Mario brothers). DS1 is only remembered for the first half of that game because it was fantastic but it drastically fell off in the second half.

Yes, play Bloodborne afterwards and you’ll love that combat, don’t go back to DS1 like I did though, you’ll be disappointed (and JoJo will get butt hurt if you say it wasn’t anything other than a masterpiece like Mario brothers). DS1 is only remembered for the first half of that game because it was fantastic but it drastically fell off in the second half.
Youre man of the year.

Youre man of the year.
I’d honestly like to hear a good argument for the second half of dark souls....because that second half kinda sucked and felt like padding. Second half of dark souls should’ve been the DLC.

I’d honestly like to hear a good argument for the second half of dark souls....because that second half kinda sucked and felt like padding. Second half of dark souls should’ve been the DLC.
I wasnt belittling you, I was making a schoolboy Q reference.

Yeah the Izalth/fire place was not finished, but the latter end is amazing imo with O&S (man they took me so long to beat) etc but Gwyn and the area leading up to it is awesome. I felt the second half was mostly strong imo.

I wasnt belittling you, I was making a schoolboy Q reference.

Yeah the Izalth/fire place was not finished, but the latter end is amazing imo with O&S (man they took me so long to beat) etc but Gwyn and the area leading up to it is awesome. I felt the second half was mostly strong imo.
Lol that was mostly just my mistake then, truthfully I was a real deal schoolboy q fan back in the Habits/Setbacks day’s. Fuck that was seems like along ass time...lol it’s late, have a good night my G

DS1 a great game, it has issues, taste is subjective. It is loved for its difficulty, balancing ability, and builds, the graphics and mechanics have improved for FromSoft over time.

I suggest watching lore vids with Vaati after finishing the games.
I'm not finished the game yet, but I'm pretty deep in at this point

I was in love with the challenge and level design, but more than anything, I've become enamoured with the lore/world.

I usually need a strong/overt narrative to push me on, but the way this game's story is told is completely unique. It's vague, but as deep as anything if you look. i love how respawning is explained in the world, and little details like flasks being bottled fire...that's genius. Your immersion is rarely broken.

There are so many questions I'll probably never get answered, or they'll be open to interpretation, which makes things extra rich, like any great mystery.

I really couldn't put a finger on what makes the world building/narrative so impactful, until I saw this quote from Miyazaki. It encapsulates the DS experienceScreenshot (274).png
I've been watching some of Vaati's vids, making sure to only watch things I knew about (namely bosses I've killed), or didn't involve topics that could spoil things. It's fantastic stuff, I love how he uses in game assets/machinima.

This mantis guy is amazing as well. I love this particular video, that's where I saw the above quote. It's soooo damn good!

My biggest wow factor is still when I got to Anor Londo the first time. I don't know what's more glorious, the city visual that first time, or Gwynevere's rack. The music that plays in her chamber is so uplifting lol. I needed that as I took a beating in there, as I was terrible at parrying at first.

This has def become one of my fav games ever.

I love this place, and the story behind it just tickles the imagination. Killing Seath was icing on the cake!

I love all of them for different reasons, even the much hated Dark Souls II
Such a great series that respects you and your intelligence

BTW OP, it's Iudex, not Ludex ;), pronounced YUDEX I guess in English, from the Latin word for Judge/Juror.

I still think Gundyr (or Stundyr as I like to call him) is perhaps the best tutorial boss in all of Soulsborne, love that guy. He's kind of a pushover if you know what you're doing, but he's menacing enough to feel intimidating to new players, with a cool moveset and that weird "WTF" moment to make people go "WOW THIS GAME WILL BE AMAZING!" He's a perfect starting point for new skeletons.
His Champion cousin is something else though lol

Btw, I had a very similar experience as you. I think you'll love Sekiro all the same once it clicks. It's early days and maybe a bit of a honeymoon thing, but I think Sekiro is tied with Bloodborne already for me when it comes to From Soft games. So definitely pick that one up too down the line. It's very different from Dark Souls, and yet again, in a weird way, it isn't ...
I thought his name was Index at first lol. I had that name in my head long after I refunded the game. Anytime I saw someone rave about Souls games, I thought of "Index" and how he made me quit. It bothered me so much. That's where my title of this thread some from, killing that fuck.

Any difficult boss/scenario I face now, I think of my victory over of him, and know it's only a matter of time before I overcome it. Rage does consume me at times though lol, that's when i take a little break.

How do you find Sekiro's world building? Is it similar to DS story telling style? I get a strong Tenchu Vibe from it, with DS flavour, I can't wait to play it later on.

Last edited:
I'm not finished the game yet, but I'm pretty deep in at this point

I was in love with the challenge and level design, but more than anything, I've become enamoured with the lore/world.

I usually need a strong/overt narrative to push me on, but the way this game's story is told is completely unique. It's vague, but as deep as anything if you look. i love how respawning is explained in the world, and little details like flasks being bottled fire...that's genius. Your immersion is rarely broken.

There are so many questions I'll probably never get answered, or they'll be open to interpretation, which makes things extra rich, like any great mystery.

I really couldn't put a finger on what makes the world building/narrative so impactful, until I saw this quote from Miyazaki. It encapsulates the DS experience
screenshot-274-png.567231

I've been watching some of Vaati's vids, making sure to only watch things I knew about (namely bosses I've killed), or didn't involve topics that could spoil things. It's fantastic stuff, I love how he uses in game assets/machinima.

This mantis guy is amazing as well. I love this particular video, that's where I saw the above quote. It's soooo damn good!

My biggest wow factor is still when I got to Anor Londo the first time. I don't know what's more glorious, the city visual that first time, or Gwynevere's rack. The music that plays in her chamber is so uplifting lol. I needed that as I took a beating in there, as I was terrible at parrying at first.

This has def become one of my fav games ever.
Glad to see youre enjoying it. The story has just started.
I thought of "Index" and how he made me quit. It bothered me so much. That's where my title of this thread some from, killing that fuck.
Once you finish the preceding soulsborne games, youre gonna laugh at how you struggled with him lol.
You actually feel like youre getting better and man the feeling of overcoming a challenge by yourself, is an amazing feeling.
Any difficult boss/scenario I face now, I think of my victory over of him, and know it's only a matter of time before I overcome it. Rage does consume me at times though lol, that's when i take a little break.
Just always try and try, you'll overcome.
How do you find Sekiro's world building? Is it similar to DS story telling style? I get a strong Tenchu Vibe from it, with DS flavour, I can't wait to play it later on.
Never played a Tenchu game but its basically a faster bloodborne with a new combat system and the same classic DS story telling but with more traditional story telling. Youre gonna struggle real hard cause it plays different, but its got the best or second best combat system to BB.

Glad to see youre enjoying it. The story has just started.

Once you finish the preceding soulsborne games, youre gonna laugh at how you struggled with him lol.
You actually feel like youre getting better and man the feeling of overcoming a challenge by yourself, is an amazing feeling.

Just always try and try, you'll overcome.

Never played a Tenchu game but its basically a faster bloodborne with a new combat system and the same classic DS story telling but with more traditional story telling. Youre gonna struggle real hard cause it plays different, but its got the best or second best combat system to BB.
I stopped playing DS3 at the road to sacrifice before stopping to play DS remastered. I look forward to going back to it with all the skills I have now, and will accumulate still. I'm going play that with a buddy of mine as much as possible. I hear it's more friendly for coop

I've been recording gameplay with OBS, but I didn't record my first invasion in DS1, I wish I did, it was so epic. It happened last night, I just came out of that painted world in Anor Londo, so the backdrop was picturesque. I had no idea that could happen. I thought it was an NPC. He was taunting me with that Neo/Bruce Lee "come here" animation. He was doing cartwheels, or something like that, what class can do that?

He attacked me, and I rolled then ran away, but I don't think he realised what I was packing. I have a +15 Claymore and +10 Pyromancy Glove. I was wearing a ring that makes me silent, so I was able to sneak behind him when he came around the corner. I torched him, then chopped him up after some back and forth. My heart was racing lol

I've played for about 100 hours now, and that's the only time it's happened. Was that a regular occurrence for you? I'm sure there are far less people playing DS1, especially on PC.

I stopped playing DS3 at the road to sacrifice before stopping to play DS remastered. I look forward to going back to it with all the skills I have now, and will accumulate still. I'm going play that with a buddy of mine as much as possible. I hear it's more friendly for coop
Might be just me but I recommend playing alone to have the best experience, co-op makes the game easy unless youre fighting some of the notoriously hard bosses. Its more fun with friends but you never get the "oh my god, I just did that" with co-op. So maybe play alone after playing it the first time?

I've been recording gameplay with OBS, but I didn't record my first invasion in DS1, I wish I did, it was so epic. It happened last night, I just came out of that painted world in Anor Londo, so the backdrop was picturesque. I had no idea that could happen. I thought it was an NPC. He was taunting me with that Neo/Bruce Lee "come here" animation. He was doing cartwheels, or something like that, what class can do that?

He attacked me, and I rolled then ran away, but I don't think he realised what I was packing. I have a +15 Claymore and +10 Pyromancy Glove. I was wearing a ring that makes me silent, so I was able to sneak behind him when he came around the corner. I torched him, then chopped him up after some back and forth. My heart was racing lol

I've played for about 100 hours now, and that's the only time it's happened. Was that a regular occurrence for you? I'm sure there are far less people playing DS1, especially on PC.
I dont remember much from DS1 except few moments like O&S, Anor Londo,the final boss (I wont spoil the name), and the goddamn final boss OST. I literally spent as much time fighting him just to listen to that piano.
1 tip for ever enemy, usually backstab's work wonders in DS1. Circle around and get the back.
Fuck you put in a 100h super quickly. I only have maybe 50 hours in Sekiro since release and it feels like Im playing a lot.

Might be just me but I recommend playing alone to have the best experience, co-op makes the game easy unless youre fighting some of the notoriously hard bosses. Its more fun with friends but you never get the "oh my god, I just did that" with co-op. So maybe play alone after playing it the first time?

I dont remember much from DS1 except few moments like O&S, Anor Londo,the final boss (I wont spoil the name), and the goddamn final boss OST. I literally spent as much time fighting him just to listen to that piano.
1 tip for ever enemy, usually backstab's work wonders in DS1. Circle around and get the back.
Fuck you put in a 100h super quickly. I only have maybe 50 hours in Sekiro since release and it feels like Im playing a lot.
Thanks for the tips man, and everything else, it's fun to share, and hear from those who've been through it. Thanks mostly for turning me onto amazing experiences. I always take notice when someone speaks passionately about something like you did in this thread. I too love this game and the lore in it, and through Youtube vids!

I'd say about half those hours are me dying in places I probably shouldn't be in lol, but I love exploring this world! Curiosity killed the Dark Soul..repeatedly :D

Thanks for the tips man, and everything else, it's fun to share, and hear from those who've been through it. Thanks mostly for turning me onto amazing experiences. I always take notice when someone speaks passionately about something like you did in this thread. I too love this game and the lore in it, and through Youtube vids!

I'd say about half those hours are me dying in places I probably shouldn't be in lol, but I love exploring this world! Curiosity killed the Dark Soul..repeatedly :D
Thanks for noticing, I get really passionate about certain topics, and gaming is something Ill never really grow out of. I want people to experience the greatness Ive experienced, and if I made you play and get into a new game series, then Ive made a positive in the world. I know the flaws with the games I love, and I love them regardless but I also know why others may not like them. I also find it annoying when someone says something is "overrated" or "boring" without going into specifics, and it grinds my gears when people get into a sequel, then go back to the original game, and see that the sequel improved in areas and thus claim the game isnt as good as other claim etc. I always try to look at games in context to its time and contemporaries.

Keep playing and do you bruh!

Back