Dark Souls III v4: Vengeance, sweet sweet vengeance

Thanks for noticing, I get really passionate about certain topics, and gaming is something Ill never really grow out of. I want people to experience the greatness Ive experienced, and if I made you play and get into a new game series, then Ive made a positive in the world. I know the flaws with the games I love, and I love them regardless but I also know why others may not like them. I also find it annoying when someone says something is "overrated" or "boring" without going into specifics, and it grinds my gears when people get into a sequel, then go back to the original game, and see that the sequel improved in areas and thus claim the game isnt as good as other claim etc. I always try to look at games in context to its time and contemporaries.

Keep playing and do you bruh!
Holy fuck dude, I beat DS1. I loved, raged, and loved again, every minute of it. What an amazing experience. I've been on vacation all week, and now it's the long weekend, it's been a DS thing lol. Those lore videos are just fantastic! What were your fav aspects of it? Getting to Ando Landor that first time is still my most memorable moment. I loved that City. It feels like like Pyramids today, so epic and full of mystery.

I picked up DS2, The scholar version, and wtf happened here? The controls are fucking abysmal. I'm playing with a wired 360 controller, like I did with DS1 Remastered. Was this made by another team?

The camera swings in two speeds, slow, or super fast, but that's not the issue, it's movement and button presses, they're so unresponsive in comparison. In every DS1 death, outside that first Capra boss (fuck that guy and his dog) I felt that it was my fault. In this game, walking a thin bridge is a deadly as any DS1 boss.

I wonder if the console versions play the same way, but it feels like my guy is running through mud, input lag galore.

Holy fuck dude, I beat DS1. I loved, raged, and loved again, every minute of it. What an amazing experience. I've been on vacation all week, and now it's the long weekend, it's been a DS thing lol. Those lore videos are just fantastic! What were your fav aspects of it? Getting to Ando Landor that first time is still my most memorable moment. I loved that City. It feels like like Pyramids today, so epic and full of mystery.

I picked up DS2, The scholar version, and wtf happened here? The controls are fucking abysmal. I'm playing with a wired 360 controller, like I did with DS1 Remastered. Was this made by another team?

The camera swings in two speeds, slow, or super fast, but that's not the issue, it's movement and button presses, they're so unresponsive in comparison. In every DS1 death, outside that first Capra boss (fuck that guy and his dog) I felt that it was my fault. In this game, walking a thin bridge is a deadly as any DS1 boss.

I wonder if the console versions play the same way, but it feels like my guy is running through mud, input lag galore.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

My favourite was also Anor Londo, the way youre taken there, the lighting, the colour palette, the giants, everything. Loved that area. I also loved Gwyn and the piano.

DS2 was made by the B team at From, I cant even remember it, I played a little bit, and moved on. I need to replay the new SOFTN, but its so drab and uninteresting. Maybe it gets great later on and people love the PVP.

DS3, you'll enjoy though. But Bloodborne is the best game, I buy a PS4 for that alone.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

My favourite was also Anor Londo, the way youre taken there, the lighting, the colour palette, the giants, everything. Loved that area. I also loved Gwyn and the piano.

DS2 was made by the B team at From, I cant even remember it, I played a little bit, and moved on. I need to replay the new SOFTN, but its so drab and uninteresting. Maybe it gets great later on and people love the PVP.

DS3, you'll enjoy though. But Bloodborne is the best game, I buy a PS4 for that alone.
The B team makes sense. I'm interested to see what the "first sin" is all about, and the to learn more on the Dark Soul that was found, as it's one of the many questions lingering from DS1. DS was frustrating enough at times, but at least I was fighting myself, and not the controls. I'll be passing on DS2 for now, might just watch some lore vids.

I also want to know where Gwyndolen, and the others went as we're told Anor Londo was abandoned. I hear we go back to it in DS3, which I'm going to restart tonight. I can't wait. No spoilers :D

Bloodborne is up once I wrap up DS3, then Sekiro

What are you playing now?

Bloodborne is up once I wrap up DS3, then Sekiro

What are you playing now?

Sekiro, just planning on finishing up all the endings and getting all the trophies.

Then onto either Witcher 3, Code Veronica or Days Gone.

Sekiro, just planning on finishing up all the endings and getting all the trophies.

Then onto either Witcher 3, Code Veronica or Days Gone.
Nice! Witcher 3 is so awesome, there are so many amazing characters and sidequests, and the world building is top notch. I'd love to see CD Project and From Software collaborate on a game, the best of combat (From), and narrative/choices (CDPR) and world building (equals) all in one!

Code Veronica and RE2 (original) are my fav games in the series, just remember it has the tank controls, and the PS4 one is the slightly upres PS2 version. If you have a PS3, or 360, get the HD one on that. It's still worth it either way though. It has a rich world.

I'm looking forward to Days Gone too!

Nice! Witcher 3 is so awesome, there are so many amazing characters and sidequests, and the world building is top notch. I'd love to see CD Project and From Software collaborate on a game, the best of combat (From), and narrative/choices (CDPR) and world building (equals) all in one!

Code Veronica and RE2 (original) are my fav games in the series, just remember it has the tank controls, and the PS4 one is the slightly upres PS2 version. If you have a PS3, or 360, get the HD one on that. It's still worth it either way though. It has a rich world
I cant wait to play w3.

I love the tank control RE games. RE 3 being my favourite > RE 2 > RE 1. I have the PS3 version that Im gonna play. I also have the chronicle games and Revelations games to go aswell, but my favourite RE game is 4 (10/10).

I'm looking forward to Days Gone too!
I really dont know, lets see if its received well, because it could be pretty meh. I usually just buy a game if I want to play it regardless, but with this one, I dont know.

Likely a PC issue. I played it through on PS3 with no problems.

I'll never get the hate for DS2, other than it's absurd cryptic nature. I honestly don't know how anybody beat it without a guide of some sort. There are parts in that game where it is damn near impossible to know where the hell you're supposed be going, or what you need to do to advance. Every DS game is a bit cryptic, but DS2 took it to a whole other level.

I played Witcher 3 right after finishing Bloodborne or Dark Souls, can't remember, but I do recall having the same thoughts as you.

If the devs on the Witcher could somehow add the combat mechanics of From's games, it would be absolutely incredible. As such, I was really let down by the combat in Witcher - it seemed pathetic right after playing a From game.

How do you find Sekiro's world building? Is it similar to DS story telling style? I get a strong Tenchu Vibe from it, with DS flavour, I can't wait to play it later on.

I found it just as captivating, maybe a little less detailed though. It does tell a more direct story with you being a named character and all, but there's plenty of weird stuff to sink your teeth in, when it comes to environmental storytelling and lore. I still think the world and worldbuilding itself is more interesting in the Souls games (Japan being a real country and all), but all and all Sekiro takes place in a pretty, messed up and captivating setting. No complaints :)

Replaying DS3.

It's fun as shit. More than I remember.

Confused by the hate it gets and I played Demon Souls when it first came out and became my favorite game.

I still can't beat the final boss on Sekiro and started Bloodborne again but set it aside for DS3.

Why all the hate?

Replaying DS3.

Confused by the hate it gets and I played Demon Souls when it first came out and became my favorite game.

I still can't beat the final boss on Sekiro and started Bloodborne again but set it aside for DS3.

Why all the hate?
Hate? This is regarded as the best Souls game. For those in the know, however, 2 is the best.

If I remember what little disregard I saw for III, it came of it not feeling new or furthering, but prettier and best-of rather to what came before. Souls II was really the most enjoyable and sported the best rings, IMO, while Souls I was the best of the series, a point in candour I'm too stubborn ever to budge on.

III was awesome and the expansions were absolute top. Everyone's got their own a-ha moment for the archers' ye-shall-not-pass spam upon entry to RC. Great stuff. Souls I though – lost in Darkroot Garden, with covenant Tarzans playing gorillas in the mist and dry on Estus, well knowing the next encounter could be my last…

A frontier of both fear and fascination, it was. Magic. Absolute magic. The film A Beautiful Mind should have been about Miyazaki. Russell Crowe-san enters stage left, I see it now.

Replaying DS3.

Why all the hate?

Hate? This is regarded as the best Souls game. For those in the know, however, 2 is the best.

If I remember what little disregard I saw for III, it came of it not feeling new or furthering, but prettier and best-of rather to what came before. Souls II was really the most enjoyable and sported the best rings, IMO, while Souls I was the best of the series, a point in candour I'm too stubborn ever to budge on.

III was awesome and the expansions were absolute top. Everyone's got their own a-ha moment for the archers' ye-shall-not-pass spam upon entry to RC. Great stuff. Souls I though – lost in Darkroot Garden, with covenant Tarzans playing gorillas in the mist and dry on Estus, well knowing the next encounter could be my last…

A frontier of both fear and fascination, it was. Magic. Absolute magic. The film A Beautiful Mind should have been about Miyazaki. Russell Crowe-san enters stage left, I see it now.

I never really heard about any hate for DS3 either. The only complaint I have is that we have to warp right away, which really takes away from the world initially. If we could have taken a lift to the high walls of Lothric Castle, I'd have no issue with it.

Since I started this thread, I've played through all 3 Souls games, Bloodborne, Demon Souls, and a handful of Souls-like titles.

The combat in DS3 is tops IMO, and the graphics are outstanding. I've had so much fun invading other worlds too. I think it's the best combination of Bloodborne and DS1/2. I loved the Ring City DLC too.

I loved it so much I played through it twice, and I never do that with a game. Fucking up those Lothric Knights, after having so much trouble with them in my first go, is ultra gratifying. I captured this moment, because I thought it was going to be war like it was on my first run.

I still love the world in DS1 best, and nothing tops getting to Anor Londo for the first time, or taking the lift back to Firelink Shrine, just magic. It will always have a special place in my heart because it took me so long to get into. Once DS3 clicked with me, I stopped playing it and went right back to DS1, so I'm glad I played it through first.

I had a hard time with DS2 at first, as the controls are wonky, but once I got used to it, I fell in love with the game. There's just so much damn content, and great challenges. I prefer fighting human/knight-like enemies, so I was right at home here. The Ivory King DLC was the highpoint for me, such a cool place, and the lore behind the King is among the best in any Soulsborne game. The fucking guy built his throne above the chaos flame to be first line of defense for his people, legendary!

I never could get into Sekiro though, I just never clicked with the combat. I've given it multiple attempts, but maybe one day it will. I'm super excited for Code Vein and the Surge 2, only a weeks away now!

I never really heard about any hate for DS3 either. The only complaint I have is that we have to warp right away, which really takes away from the world initially. If we could have taken a lift to the high walls of Lothric Castle, I'd have no issue with it.

Since I started this thread, I've played through all 3 Souls games, Bloodborne, Demon Souls, and a handful of Souls-like titles.

The combat in DS3 is tops IMO, and the graphics are outstanding. I've had so much fun invading other worlds too. I think it's the best combination of Bloodborne and DS1/2. I loved the Ring City DLC too.

I loved it so much I played through it twice, and I never do that with a game. Fucking up those Lothric Knights, after having so much trouble with them in my first go, is ultra gratifying. I captured this moment, because I thought it was going to be war like it was on my first run.

I still love the world in DS1 best, and nothing tops getting to Anor Londo for the first time, or taking the lift back to Firelink Shrine, just magic. It will always have a special place in my heart because it took me so long to get into. Once DS3 clicked with me, I stopped playing it and went right back to DS1, so I'm glad I played it through first.

I had a hard time with DS2 at first, as the controls are wonky, but once I got used to it, I fell in love with the game. There's just so much damn content, and great challenges. I prefer fighting human/knight-like enemies, so I was right at home here. The Ivory King DLC was the highpoint for me, such a cool place, and the lore behind the King is among the best in any Soulsborne game. The fucking guy built his throne above the chaos flame to be first line of defense for his people, legendary!

I never could get into Sekiro though, I just never clicked with the combat. I've given it multiple attempts, but maybe one day it will. I'm super excited for Code Vein and the Surge 2, only a weeks away now!

Well if you read from the beginning of this thread they say it's the worst of all the souls games

Well if you read from the beginning of this thread they say it's the worst of all the souls games
I wonder what version they played, and if they got to play the DLC's? I only played it a few (SOTFS) months ago. I can imagine when it came out that it was a let down compared to DS1, what with the graphical downgrade and lacking the DLC's.

I wonder if it would have the same reputation if SOTFS came out initially. I never thought I'd get used to the controls, but I did, and I fell in love the world of Drangleic, inconsistent level design and all. It reminds me of Boletaria.

I hope that team makes Dark Souls 4, and takes the series to Astora, or some other location.

funny enough, at some point i went back to ds3 and finished it. my opinion's still kinda the same, though.

it was ok. not great, not bad.

A Demons Souls remaster would probably be the best game in the series. Or rather a remake with a new engine but keeping the same ambience.

lolz

Last edited:
I started a new game for this recently. All previous attempts went nowhere however i feel a bit better at it this time. Managed to take down Gundyr without dying although i came pretty close.

Back