Dark Side of the Ring - season 2

WWE really screwed over Bart pretty bad.

Yes and no. The thing with Bart is, is that his career was going nowhere regardless. He somehow fought that enough(literally), to be showcased at Wrestlemania. Without BFA, he's nothing. If for nothing else, BFA allowed him to extend his career just a little longer.

I try to look at him as a bumbling fuck up of a murderer, who never managed to murder anyone despite his best efforts.

Dude is crazy though. It speaks to the irresponsibility of the bookers, that this guy still gets gigs. In what other business would this maniac still be getting hired, given what an unpredictable lunatic he is? The WWE had the smarts not to mess with the guy, but that's about it.

He still gets booked because he’s a name. The promoters of these tiny wrestling promotions want to put butts in the seats first and deal with the repercussions of him possibly maiming someone or destroying something later.

New Jack is probably lucky his stock never rose high enough for him to be in a territory with the likes of guys like Meng, Finley, Shamrock, Ron Simmons, Taker, etc. I don't think his antics would've went unnoticed there.

New Jack is probably lucky his stock never rose high enough for him to be in a territory with the likes of guys like Meng, Finley, Shamrock, Ron Simmons, Taker, etc. I don't think his antics would've went unnoticed there.
I am not an ecw guru, but it seems like you have a point. I don't remember many guys there being considered legit tough guys. I guess rvd maybe. 2 cold scorpio? but yea, nobody like a ron simmons or shamrock who might have killed him

Bret Hart was boring.
Bret Hart at the time was incredibly entertaining. His heel promo's hating on the USA were the best promo's he cut in his entire life. People were chasing them in trucks after shows with guns and calling in bomb threats in the more patriotic states because he pulled it off so smoothly they thought he was serious.

His half Heel turn against Austin at wrestlemania 13 followed by his speech the next day against americans loving violence was one of the best segments of the decade.

Prior to that, his workrate was all that really elevated him. WWF was full of cartoony crap at the time and Bret was a method actor in terms of how he shot promo's and he fell so fully into his role that he started believing the shit he said.

The stories revolving around the Hart Foundation at that time was all that kept WWF afloat and gave stone cold a credible enemy to begin his superclimb.

The thing with New Jack is that he has absolutely no remorses for what he did and hell he's actually proud of it. Dude is one crazy and cold motherfucker

I just watched the Brawl for all episode.

Yeah Vince Russo is pretty fucking stupid.
But so tired of hearing Cornette cry about him like a little girl.

Sucks the WWE gave Bart no push whatsoever with winning.. Vince was a dick tossing him in with Butter-Bean..

I know this thread is about Season 2.

But I saw the Von Erich's episode. Kevin seems like the saddest person on earth. In less than 10 years, he lost 4 brothers and at least 2 wrestling friends.

On The Mic.. But in the ring nobody better ever IMO. He was the definition of a ring general...

As a face he was. But as a heel he was actually decent. I liked the Hart Foundation vs USA angle back then (cliche but it was done well imho)

That said while i dont really follow wrestling these days but i am enjoying the Dark Side Of The Ring series.In fact i binge watched almost all episodes last weekend. Lot of stuff has been common knowledge but its well done , produced and presented . One thing i didn't knew was that story about Randy Savage and Jake Roberts 's snake. Crazy stuff lol

As for brawl for all i always thought it was a dick move by Vince to send Bart to fight Butterbean. I mean they were clearly pissed that he KOed Steve Williams and had no intentions to push him so they fed him to the wolves. They will never admit it but it's plain obvious

Um... go back and watch those promos from 1997.

In fairness, he was pretty terrible at traditional promos. His Canada/US stuff was really good though. I think he was good when his promos had an element of a shoot to them, whether it was the Canada/US, Shawn Micheals, or Vince McMahon stuff. He couldn't sell food to a starving man, without that extra motivation though.

I may be in the minority but I didn’t really care for Dino Bravo episode. Maybe it’s because I couldn’t understand half of what was being said and the white on white subtitles was maddening or maybe because there was little to no intrigue as even though the case is unsolved everyone knew who did it.

The New Jack episode left me feeling literally sick.

Actual piece of shit who belongs in prison.

Fuck that dude.

I may be in the minority but I didn’t really care for Dino Bravo episode. Maybe it’s because I couldn’t understand half of what was being said and the white on white subtitles was maddening or maybe because there was little to no intrigue as even though the case is unsolved everyone knew who did it.

Same here , I was already familiar with the story so I wasn't enthralled. Good for people who became fans after his run.

I live in Montreal so I already knew pretty much all of it.

On The Mic.. But in the ring nobody better ever IMO. He was the definition of a ring general...

I thought Bret Hart was awesome on the mic. Even as a face. Not everyone has to be or should be a stand-up comedian. He was able to convey conviction and intensity as well as anyone ever has, IMO. Remember the promo with Roddy Piper before their Wrestlemania match? That was intense. People might not like his character as a face, but he was who he was supposed to be and he was convincing.

Just finished watching the Jimmy Snuka episode.

Holy fuck Vince McMahon covered up for murder. That meeting he held with the law enforcement that was not transcribed because as per the police chief "nothing noteworthy was said" was shady as fuck.

The fix was in and police were in on it. Vince must have paid them a fuckton of money.

I thought Bret Hart was awesome on the mic. Even as a face. Not everyone has to be or should be a stand-up comedian. He was able to convey conviction and intensity as well as anyone ever has, IMO. Remember the promo with Roddy Piper before their Wrestlemania match? That was intense. People might not like his character as a face, but he was who he was supposed to be and he was convincing.

I thought that Piper carried it, but this was good.

Back